Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

Tool to easily convert OFP missions to ArmA

Guest Ti0n3r

Hi. I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a tool (released or in the works) that makes it a bit easier to convert OFP missions to ArmA? It's possible to convert missions right now, but usually takes a lot of time. I think most people who've tried to convert OFP missions to ArmA know what I mean.

I did a search but didn't find anything smile_o.gif

Try sending pennywise a private message. He made a tool for converting OFP missions to Arma. Im not to sure how it works but I know he has one.

Guest Ti0n3r
Try sending pennywise a private message. He made a tool for converting OFP missions to Arma. Im not to sure how it works but I know he has one.

Alright, thanks for the heads up smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
If you get it, could you post it here?

I will ask for permission to do so, if he replies to my PM smile_o.gif

You would have to change all the soldier types and such, can it be done?

Simple converting OFP missions isn't really that hard. At least when it goes for original missions. Simply depbo old mission, put it in ARMA user missions load it up in the editor then an error shows up (most frequently about SoldierWLAW which class isn't in ARMA anymore). Then you replace in the sqm file opened in a text editor old classes with new ones - e.g. SoldierWLAW -> SoldierWAT. Some classes that need be changing are ReAmmoBoxWest/East, Jeep, Cobra, T80, BMP etc. List of avaible classes can be found at BIKI. Another thing is that old sqs syntax changed a bit. E.g. you have to replace all "_x command ""string""" foreach ... with {_x command "string"} foreach... But it's all quite easy. The problem is that units' configs were changed and that can ruin the gameplay. For example I played yesterday Pathfinder in OFP@ECP and I thought - why shouldn't I convert it to ARMA? With PMC_AEC islands there's everything I need. And so I did. It took me up to 5 minutes. The problem was that it resulted in much worse gameplay that in the good old OFP (@ECP). Soldiers now have different spotting and engaging ranges, different accuracy etc. And there's a dillema - whether to adjust a mission's parameters such as enemy layout and strenght or to alter the ARMA config (I think Flashpoint Rearmed team will do the latter one).