Sign in to follow this  
Curious

FPS stuck on 60

On all settings....

My specs are :

8800GTS 320mb

2GB 800Mhz

E4320 @ 2.90

Is thier a way to unlock the frame rate like in bf2 ?(game.lockfps 999)

Is this normal?

Also when I do alt - tab on desktop and then bring game back up it makes it faster

disable vsync in your driver settings. (Or not, most people play this game with 20-40FPS anyway, why dont you crank up your details a bit? tounge2.gif )

disable vsync in your driver settings. (Or not, most people play this game with 20-40FPS anyway, why dont you crank up your details a bit? tounge2.gif )

I get the feeling that its "locked" on 60.... and can get more

who care? 60FPS, human eye cant see difference 60 or 600, its same for u, as long its higher than 26FPS.

if your refresh is set at 60 then it won't get any higher, either disable Vsync, which means the GFX card can refresh faster than refresh rate, doing half scene or quarter scenes etc etc, or turn up your detail settings

vnsync was the problem thanks.

Can you actually notice a difference yourself or just see higher numbers now? I mean, at 60, you should take advantage and crank up the settings and be happy to get in the 30's which should not affect your gameplay any but have it look better.

It's kind of a waste to get those high framerates if you don't have everything cranked up, because you really shouldn't be able to see the difference in framerates with the eye, but you could see the difference cranking up the graphic settings.

You see I just my 8800gts, am just trying to get the best out it.... smile_o.gif

Well, getting an adverage of 60 is good, because when things get real intensive frames can easily go down into the 20s.

I get an adverage around 60, but can go up to 100s when not much going on or down to 20s when alot is going on.

who care? 60FPS, human eye cant see difference 60 or 600, its same for u, as long its higher than 26FPS.

lol that statement is absolute garbage, yes some people can detect higher FPS then 60.

I thought more power you leave to your CPU, better AI will act. So if you create much more FPS then you left less room for AI. I might really be mislead, so correct me.

lol that statement is absolute garbage, yes some people can detect higher FPS then 60.

Quite correct.

This article explains the topic quite nicely.

But there is absolutely no advantage, so you might as well enable AA+AF and a higher resolution so you can actually see and identify your enemies (or get immersed more easily) tounge2.gif

EDIT: And why is the topicstarter still on 1.05? huh.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]And why is the topicstarter still on 1.05? huh.gif

My thoughts exactly. Everybody knows that 1.08 turns ArmA into -> inlove.gif

wink_o.gif

lol, not when your refresh rate is 60 anyway smile_o.gif

Also, another thing... He won't notice the difference, but it's not limited at 26 hz though. The human eye can only notice 26 FPS, but to prevent aliasing, the source must be at two times eye fps. Sort of like the opposite nyquist theorem, that is why you won't see a difference between 52 fps, and 600 fps. But you will be able to see a (quite large) difference between 60 fps and 40 fps.