Sign in to follow this  
Warpy

Parachute Bug

Is there any idea whether Bohemia have even accepted there is a parachute bug when your chute opens before you land causing death? It's been around since day 1.

I can only assume it can't be patched, or perhaps a future scheduled date will ammend it banghead.gif

Is there any idea whether Bohemia have even accepted there is a parachute bug when your chute opens before you land causing death? It's been around since day 1.

I can only assume it can't be patched, or perhaps a future scheduled date will ammend it banghead.gif

More info please?

Ive never run to such problem and i used to parachute 100 times every day :S

I thought when a chute opens, it would actually stop you from causing death crazy_o.gif .

But indeed sometimes the chute dissapears to fast while you are still in the air, causing you to fall from quite high, causing death. This appears to be mostly near hills.

I remember the mission Aircavalery, if you were the special forces, there was a big chance you died at start because the chute dissapeared...

It never happened to me.

I think it doesn't happen too often to be a real issue, or does it?

Since there aren't any other real-life problems, like when you land yourself on a tree and you end up hanging 15 meters above ground with no way of getting down without hurting yourself, i think we can pretend that this early disappearing chute simulates this ;-)

This issue occurs when you parachute over land were there is a hill, but sometimes on flat ground too. All hear on the Aussie servers is "Damn chute bug", it's happens a lot, 3 times to me in the space of 20mins.

Yeah it happened in IC arma too..

We need a fix for this :| Parachuting is seriously irritating.

Id look into the mission itself first, never had that happen on my missions tounge2.gif

Are you sure you werent going too fast/low when ejecting? huh.gif

Yeah ive seen this happen countless times, its luck whether you survive or not...

Another similar bug is you'll hit the ground, screen will go black, but you will keep getting stuck on top of the collapsed parachute which then sends you into a loop of a black screen and on top of the parachute, this happens for a few seconds and you cant move... then you die. Hard to describe it tbh.