Sign in to follow this  
Tankriders

Problems with ATI Radeon X800 XT Video card

I can't play this games with my latest drivers. I get constant "artifacts" on my srceen. Only with my oldest drivers I can play the game with the (International 1.05) patch, with the 1.08 patch the game crashes on my desktop.

Somebody with the same problem?huh.gif

Sure its not your card overheating or having some kind of errors? I'm using the 7.6 catalyst with my x1600 XT and haven't noticed any errors with it.

"Sure its not your card overheating or having some kind of errors? I'm using the 7.6 catalyst with my x1600 XT and haven't noticed any errors with it. "

No sadly not. I'm using also the 7.6 catalyst, I think that it is my X800XT which is causing the problem. banghead.gif

artifacting is most likely caused by overheating GFX. open side panel and maybe put a desk fan blowing into ur case

artifacting is most likely caused by overheating GFX.

or by overclocking it, if you use ATI tools, you can check wether it gives artifacts, and at which frequency everything runs

I can play the game (1.08 with the latest drivers) if is set the texture detail and shaiding detail on "low". otherwise I get the "artifacts" back yay.gif

i too can only play the game without artifacts when all settings are on 'low' and shadows, AA and AF are turned off. This is with a X1950 GT

Since Asus bought ati, the quality of their drivers has gone up quite a bit. With the taiwanese cracking the whip, the canadian code writers now are required to use *all* of the transistors that the engineers designed into the graphics cards. As a result, the ati cards are becoming more efficient, all else being equal, with each driver version. As they become more efficient, they run hotter. You should rule out overheating by declocking your card if it is overclocked, and blowing out all the turds and dust that has collected in your heatsinks and fans. You can also download atitool to get realtime temperature data from you cards. Once you have eliminated overheating (espicially the vram!! ) as a source of the artifacts, then you can try to troubleshoot the drivers.

Since Asus bought ati, the quality of their drivers has gone up quite a bit. With the taiwanese cracking the whip, the canadian code writers now are required to use *all* of the transistors that the engineers designed into the graphics cards. As a result, the ati cards are becoming more efficient, all else being equal, with each driver version. As they become more efficient, they run hotter. You should rule out overheating by declocking your card if it is overclocked, and blowing out all the turds and dust that has collected in your heatsinks and fans. You can also download atitool to get realtime temperature data from you cards. Once you have eliminated overheating (espicially the vram!! ) as a source of the artifacts, then you can try to troubleshoot the drivers.

IMHO its AMD that bought ATI and not ASUS !!!

It's more than opinion, it's the truth! My bad. And AMD is american, not taiwanese.

The rest of that information is good, however.