Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

3rd Version-Skaven's Racs

Hi, hey Skaven, do you know about the TOW CH34's?; is a OFP Beta

helicopters pack, and i think that it'll fit really well with the RACS

units. You'll had to ask Jahve for use 'em, and i think that if you

hang a M60A1 in the door... they'll look even better, FMJ Style.

The models will need to be retouched, same as the textures for the

UV mapping and the config too. But really; they'll fit good with your

units. Let's C ya

That would be cool, but I think even Sahrani is past the point of CH34's. I think a retrofitted UH-1 variant would fit them much better, like the 1N or maybe even the 1Y.

I agree.

Especialy a UH-1 in 3-colour desert camouflage as used by one oif the private military contractor companies in Afghanistan. That would be bad-ass.

I hope a good UH-1 is quickly released as it is also a must for vietnam mods (and I love vietnam mods)

I agree.

Especialy a UH-1 in 3-colour desert camouflage as used by one oif the private military contractor companies in Afghanistan. That would be bad-ass.

I hope a good UH-1 is quickly released as it is also a must for vietnam mods (and I love vietnam mods)

Yeah, that would be bad-ass. I think the Marine Mod v1.4 is coming out with a basic pack which includes a UH-1N, but I haven't seen any progress on it.

Hi, look at the size of Sahrani, i find hard to belive that they had

anything better than a Lightning or A7's Corsair-II, Sahrani must

have less resources than Haiti; and that, sadly... are really few

resources to waste in military equipment. Some Skyriders will fit

good too i think; and looking at the CH34's... i don't know why

they couldn't have some of 'em, if you're poor, anything is better

than nothing.

TOW CH34 Beta:

tow_ch34.jpg

Let's C ya

Soon i will be have only the model of huey /really good model/

then i will work for private army choppers /uh-1's/

Bad is it will be take a lot of time for tex and other model ver.

biggrin_o.gif

than nothing.

That's what I originally was thinking, but the Sahranian military seems to have enough money to dish out for fancy German firearms and superfluous M163's. I suppose the CH34 could fit, but there are so many UH-1's on the market that nearly every third world country has used it in their military if they didn't get an Mi-8.

btw i found out a small error in the readme file for weapons list tounge2.gif Ska_Ska_HK23mag should be Ska_HK23mag.

ty biggrin_o.gif

Have you checked 6thSense's soon to be update?

Quote[/b] ] v0.90update

# Updated Skaven's RACS to v3.5 with new and updated weapons with help by Garlay. New: AWP, PSG1. Replaced: M249 Eotech/MGO --> New M249 Aimpoint/MGO

Check here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=150

With the Russian Army Addon I have to time to keep working on the Racs, at least not for the next months, so... they are in very good hands now wink_o.gif

...download this whole sickboy mod + updates only to get an update for your great RACS addon?? Sorry, no way. confused_o.gif

With the good ol' US&A as friends, lack of resources doesn't matter. A small country in a hostile neighbor established in the mid-20th century can vouche for that. Plus, with one all important resource present, anything can be had.

Excellent work. smile_o.gif

Please add the correct addon dependencies to your addon next

time. Thank you!

Quote[/b] ]requiredAddons[] = {"CACharacters","CAWeapons"};

Hey there. I'm really sorry if posting in this old thread causes a problem, but I have a question...

Ages ago, I downloaded this AddOn from one of the links, most of whom doesn't seem to work anymore. After installing them, I mean to have been left with the following new units:

I recall the RACS getting some new units, as is the purpose of the AddOn. I don't remember what category you found them in, but I believe they were in "Units > Independants > Skaven's RACS" or something. They included what I remember being units dressed in forest camouflage, desert camouflage and possibly a semi-urban looking set. Also, each faction got a new section of units with so-called "HD" equipment.

In addition; I believe I had a second set of units at the time. If I remember correctly, they were referred to as "Mercenaries", or "Mercs" or something. I particularily remember them having slightly unusual helmets, and the "Rifleman" units being armed with what looked like an AG3 or something.

However, when I recently installed this AddOn again, from the "Armaholic" website, I got a slightly different layout. The new RACS units advertised, were under the "Mercs" -category, there wasn't as many variants as I mean to remember, (Although I may well be wrong in that regard.), and the "Mercenary" units I described - those with the unusual but cool helmets and AG3s - were not to be seen anywhere.

What the hell...? Am I going insane, here? Am I just remembering things? crazy_o.gif

Here? No. There? Most likely.

There's m16a1+modern m203, and that's the only GL weapon

in da pack. Skaven never did any other weaps with GLs...

'Kay? I don't even know what a GL is. I'm not talking about the weapons. I'm talking about the units.

A GL is a grenade launcher

Anyway, I think you may be refering to the original or maybe second pack, where the default weapon was either a FN FAL or a G3 (which I personally prefered to the M16A1).

As for the class names and unsual helmets, I don't know.

...download this whole sickboy mod + updates only to get an update for your great RACS addon?? Sorry, no way. confused_o.gif

So any way to get the new weapons standalone?

I really love all your work you have done but in this point i have to agree to NoRailgunner

plz make it standalone

than nothing.

TOW CH34 Beta:

tow_ch34.jpg

Let's C ya

I'd love to see a Corsair in RACS paint.

Sounds/Recoils/Tracers are always a problem, some people like and some don't, but no worries, tpM will release my JAM.pbo file soon with everything changed according to his taste, at least you guys have one option.

If anyone wants to do the same and release a different version of my jam.pbo file, please go for it, the more options the better  biggrin_o.gif

Why not just leave it open to the editing public? Personally I think the 6th sense tracers are one of the most awesome additions to ArmA since it's release. I'd do it myself but I'm not a wizard like most of the awesome characters in here.

Yours look somewhat similar to the 6th sense ones, but the fact that there's a tracer on every round is a little annoying, although you might get plenty of burning corpses in a battle situation. Though as much as that would thrill me, it kinda ruins the realism aspect of it.

Also I'm getting recoil errors every time I try to fire one of the guns in the pack, is that due to the version of patch I'm using, as I saw in one of the other threads? Currently only on 1.08.

Otherwise it's a truly outstanding pack, I even dig the sounds! Any plans on making more variants of the different weapons?

Also I'm getting recoil errors every time I try to fire one of the guns in the pack, is that due to the version of patch I'm using, as I saw in one of the other threads? Currently only on 1.08.

Most likely a conflict with another addon. Maybe those Rebus Italian soldiers? They caused a conflict for me. Not sure if they have been updated to fix it.

Most likely a conflict with another addon. Maybe those Rebus Italian soldiers? They caused a conflict for me. Not sure if they have been updated to fix it.

That would explain it yeah. Thanks, gonna test that out. If I remove the Ska_XXX weapons from the Italian addon, do you reckon it'll stop conflicting?

Pretty sure there's no update to fix it, not yet anyway.

More importantly,a future update could include 1.09+ adapted recoils. Since currently playing these guns in any of the beta patches generally gives you a recoil that makes your gun kick DOWNWARDS. :P Oh - and making the included "JAM" HD weapons path to default sounds, so that they don't sound like vanilla BIS weapons when we've got some soundpack running...

Only thing keeping these babies from being used more, methinks!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Hey Skaven, smile_o.gif

well just played some missions with your AWESOME weapons and seems like there is something wrong...

Weapons do not fire straight on the bullets go left and right. sad_o.gif

Any chancse you can fix this??

That would be great if he did fix this, unfortunately he has been around for a little over a year.

@ SNKMAN

the weapons are supposed to be like that. it is in the readme. they are called 'high dispersion weapons' to make firefights last longer.