Sign in to follow this  
Vernon

VoIP and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

Beginning at 1.08 when in-game VoIP started to get some use...

Whenever someone starts using in-game VoIP or I am on a server where everyone is using it, my game lasts about 10-15 minutes before getting a BSOD.

Error is:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP 0X000000D1... etc

ha10kx2k.sys

I have Googled this and others have this error in other applications. It seems to be attributed to IRQ conflicts or poor driver quality by Creative. I can detect no conflicts and everything is smooth sailing until in-game VoIP starts. I never have this error outside of ArmA or in other titles.

If no one is using VoIP on a server I can play for hours with the occasional crash to desktop. Once someone starts using it, within 15 minutes: BSOD, every time, without fail.

I have tried reinstalling several versions of Creative drivers to no avail. I have tried a Microsoft patch which may address this error message to no avail.

I usually use Vent or TS for voice anyways, which causes no crashes. Is there a way I can disable in-game VoIP on the client side so I can continue to enjoy the awesomeness that is Armed Assault? Help! banghead.gif

System Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8 GHz

Gigabyte 965P-DS3

3072 Mb DDR2

7900GS @ 600/1500

Audigy 2 Value

2 x 80 Gb Raid 0

Windows XP SP2

System is rock stable and runs like a dream when no one is using in-game VoIP.

did you try to reinstall your soundcard driver? if so

did you try using another PCI slot to see if the problem fix?

I had this EXACT problem yesterday with that exact same file.  The problem is with the newest Audigy 2 drivers.  Some how there is a conflict between the VOIP in game and running teamspeak/ventrillo in the background.  I installed an older driver, rebooted and no more BSOD!

Heres the driver I used.  

http://www.station-drivers.com/telecha....hql.exe

Hopefully it works for you to!

PS: I did have to reinstall direct X after the uninstall/reinstall process to get the game to fire. I played last night for 3 hours with no crashes or BSOD for the first time ever!

I had the same problem with VoIP and V1.08 on my Audigy, and had stopped using it (VoIP).

I downloaded the driver from Station Drivers and installed it, but haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

The reason why I'm posting is because ArmA would not start up after installing the Station Drivers Audigy driver, and reinstalling DirectX (the June 2007 version) didn't help either. What did the trick for me was to reinstall OpenAL.

I get a similar BSOD on 1.08 as well, when exiting multiplayer games (ONLY multiplayer, mind you). The BSOD is on screen for only about 1/2 a second, so I keep missing the DLL it's talking about. But it says the same thing "DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

My sound card is a Razer Barracuda AC-1 with the latest drivers. I also run Teamspeak when playing ArmA.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled OpenAL, so I'll give it a try now.

I got exactly the same problem with my audigy sound card. Each time VoIP is used on the server chances are that i get this BSOD any sooner though i didn't see it happens on any other game. I also tried multiple creative drivers to no avail. Hopefully the station drivers mentioned above might help, i'm going to install them and give my feedback asap.

I get the same exact error. I can usually hear the first few transmissions fine but eventually one of them will cause a the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error with the ha10kx2k.sys as the culprit. With my luck, it usually seems to happen when I'm transporting people in the helo.

I'm using an Audigy 2 ZS with the Atari version of the game.

In an earlier thread someone suggested disabling VoIP by adding "-disableVoN=1" to the command line but it doesn't seem to have any effect for me.

today i have activated the VOIP on our server..but after a while i'm getting BSOD.

I have win xp and audigy 2zs...and getting exactly the above error...

is there a definite solution to the above issue?

It seems disabling HW acceleration in the game audio options prevents the BSOD in this situation. I will notify you if we find any other solution.

Thanks Suma...honored to have an answer from the master coder himself....;)

just to report some progress or better some things that i have tried...just in case other people have the same problem.

I have audigy 2 zs with winxp sp2 and I'm getting the above problem every time someone is using the the VOIP in the server.

A friend of mine has the same OS with same card and using the original drivers that came with the disk: 5.12.1.442 dated 18/11/2003, and he doesn't have the same problem.

I have installed the above drivers but after that arma will not start giving me the msg that it has performed an illegal operation etc.

I decided to leave the driver and re-install the game. This time the game will not start and i will get a BSOD.

I re-installed back the newer drivers and the game is starting with no problem...but problem still insists on VOIP.

I have uninstalled and re-installed openAL

Also the VOIP quality on the server is set at 10.

The driver that worked for me has the filename "SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016.exe", as I haven't got the card installed anymore I can't help further.

You might also want to try the modified YouP-Pax drivers which can kind of make your Audigy 2 ZS an Audigy 4.

It worked for me after some hours of search and work, but I can't remember for sure if I used VoIP with them.

For your information: We are communicating this issue with Creative Labs developer support and hopefully they will be able to provide us some more info soon.

Ah great news. I also get this issue with VOIP. Not that big of an issue as TS is main method where i come from. smile_o.gif for now smile_o.gif

yeap....i use TS as well in all games...but since i read a report on the improvement i said i will give it a trial....and to be honest...i was extremely impressed with the implementation in game....i really like it...

let's hope creative will come back with a solution soon...

another update for people that are using audigy 2zs and win xp....and they are still facing this problem...

This time round i have reformated completely my pc and i have installed the original driver that came with my sound card (5.12.1.442, 18/11/2003).

The game started normal and also so far i have noticed any crashes when other people are talking on the VOIP of the server...

although reformating is a painfull process at least it solved this problem....previously when i tried to install the older driver after i had installed the newer, my game would not start and it would give BSOD, and when i was using the new driver although i could speak normal on the VOIP, everytime someone else would speak i would crash...

Used to have this problem with my Audigy 1, disabling both HW acceleration and EAX solved it for me though..haven't run into a single crash since then.

We think this issue might be fixed in 1.11 patch, at least we cannot reproduce it any more. Can anyone still get it with 1.11?

difficult for me to check...as i have reformated and installed the older driver + not running 1.11 yet...:)

as soon as final patch is out...will upgrade driver, try again and report...

I am afraid once the final patch is out, the report will be not that useless, because we will not be releasing any patches after the final patch.

Can anyone else post here is he can see the issue with 1.11 ?

I, nor any of my clan mates have not had any crashes with the use of VON with 1.11 patch.