Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

Equipment

I am curios what is the equipment you play ArmA with and... how are the devices arranged on your table (Joystick between Keyboard and Mouse or Mouse between the two others).

For me: [x] Keyboard Joystick Mouse

I think this poll cannot give an accurate view of how people arrange the devices because there are too many variations.

For example I use Saitek X52 so have throttle on left then keyboard then stick but I have mouse on separate lower desk shelf.

It will be interesting to see how many people use TrackIR tho.

Interesting to see how people cick "OTHER (See thread)" and don't post it rofl.gif

For me, its:

Z-board, mouse, old M$ sidewinder joystick placed off to my right that I place in my lap when flying, and the TrackIR with TrackClip mounted on my Medusa Speedlink 5.1 headset.

For those with the TrackClip, I got tired of the twin cords dangling from my left ear (my computer is off to my right so the cords kept getting stuck on my chair), you can get a cable wrap from Radio Shack (Cable Wrap) that works wonders.

Normally I just use my keyboard and mouse, but sometimes I enjoy turning the view distance up all the way and use my joystick to practice flying. Then I either push my mouse back and replace it with the joystick, or I pull out a thin, solid drawer type thing used to set plates/cups/sitting on, and set the joystick on that.

I have a keyboard, mouse and a joystick but I don't use the stick because it simply blows in ArmA. But that never stopped me from being king of the skies. wink_o.gif

TIR4

monitor

Keyboard Trackball

CH Pro Throttle CH Fighter stick

CH Pro pedals

Throttle Keyboard Joystick Mouse

CH Pro Pedals

When I fly i just put the throttle in front of the keyboard and the joystick in front of the mousepad, like so ->

Keyboard Mouse

Throttle Joystick

CH Pro Pedals

Takes all of 2 seconds and I'm good to go. Joystick/Throttle is a Thrustmaster Cougar.

Other:-

G15 keyboard!

G7 Gaming mouse

Xbox 360 controller to the left for flying! (find 360 controller better than me joystick!wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Trackir

throttle    G15 Keyboard  X-52 Joystick  mouse

Have had Trackir for about 2 years now. Won't fly without it.

TIR4

Keyboard Mouse

TM Cougar TM Cougar

throttle joystick

CH Pro pedals

Mouse and keyboard. I also use a joystick if I ever feel

perverse enough to try flying an aircraft in this non-flight-

sim. Also, occasional use of my Track-IR (great for the flying

wardrobes that pass for aircraft in the game - still not so

convinced it's any good for playing as infantryman).

i used keyboard and mouse for vehicle and infantry movement

and i use joystick for flying only. i usually have the joystick on the floor and ill just grab it while the engines are starting.

Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard, Razer Copperhead Mouse, TrackIR 4 Pro w/headest clip.

Thrustmaster "Afterburner" Stick/Throttle Combo for flying.

Saitek P380 Dual Analog Pad for (helicopter) flights and keyboard + mouse for everything else.

Unfortunately one of the small gamepad joysticks lacks precision after two months of playing now.

I can't be the only one using bog standard keyboard and mouse...

Flying's pretty damn hard but you sort of get used to it after a while, I can prolly fly a chopper well enough now most ppl won't notice I'm not using a joystick.

I use a Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas with Simped rudders.

A TrackIR with ProClip.

I'm a lefty so I have my mouse on the left side and the throttle sits in front of my mouse pad.

Having the mouse on the left has been an advantage in flight sims as I can use the mouse and joystick at the same time comfortably.

I'm not fully left handed as in a negitive of a right handed person. I still do most other things with my right hand like right handed people, so the joystick on the right is comfortable for me. I guess you could say I'm somewhere mixed up between right armed and left handed.

When i play, witch has been a while ago, i use the following setup:

From left to right on desk

Zboard FANG - keyboard (G15) - mouse (MX1000)

When needed to fly etc:

Place Saitek X52 trottle on same size mounted plate on deskchair (velcro straps) and take Saitek stick between leggs on chair.

Saitek rudders 'on' the feets. Feels like a natural position and more or less RL setup.

Offcourse TIR4 on the head.

*Haven't used rudders yet as i couldn't get them to work wia alternative software hacks. Hopes one days it will be 'plug-and-play' instead disconnect, boot, launch, connect... confused_o.gif .

tothe guys using thrustmaster cougars and the ch rudder pedals....are the pedals usb or gameport for compatability issues...thanx for any reply

I can't be the only one using bog standard keyboard and mouse...

Flying's pretty damn hard but you sort of get used to it after a while, I can prolly fly a chopper well enough now most ppl won't notice I'm not using a joystick.

Nope, a Logitech MX518 and a Cherry keyboard for me. Does the job for me just fine. smile_o.gif

TIR4

Keyboard Mouse

TM Cougar TM Cougar

throttle joystick

CH Pro pedals

In OFP I also used a Ms SideWinder Racing Wheel and its pedals for driving vehicles (in addition to the Cougar), but unfortunately I can't use it anymore with ArmA due to its limitations with multiple controllers.

I'm also using "Shoot" for voice commands.

tothe guys using thrustmaster cougars and the ch rudder pedals....are the pedals usb or gameport for compatability issues...thanx for any reply

The pedals are the old gameport ones. They plug directly into the Cougar and therefore are usable in ArmA.

TIR4

Nostromo N52 x52Throttle x52Joystick mouse

Keyboard

I mainly use my Nostromo N52 speedpad, but when I need to I will use keyboard to type messages in game.