Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Modding Tools information...

Guest Ti0n3r

WTF mates? ^^

This calls for... The banana dance!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

This stinks guys. If we can't talk about the (previously) never-released tools on the forums, what is left? No more excuses for bad addons (thoughts of "I DIDN'T HAVE THE TOOLS!!" come to mind). As shin said, the tools are going to be a hassle to work with. Their release will kill the forums. I hate this news.

This stinks guys. If we can't talk about the (previously) never-released tools on the forums, what is left? No more excuses for bad addons (thoughts of "I DIDN'T HAVE THE TOOLS!!" come to mind). As shin said, the tools are going to be a hassle to work with. Their release will kill the forums. I hate this news.

Mate, Making ArmA addons via the OFP tools are shithouse. I'm sorry that you dont have a good system to handle this new software, but alot of people do. I've seen some very gifted modellers use the OFP tools to create addons into ArmA, and mate their shithouse. This news should be a life saver for addon makers, so we can get some decent models into ArmA. And what's with this "I hate this news.." crap, what are you a homosexual? Live it up a little, these releases will help alot of people, and make others cry, such as yourself.

crap, what are you a homosexual

You my friend, are a bigot. Now get out of my sight.

The_Nebula, +1WL for bigotry.

Intolerable insult - whatever your views are, don't bring that bull here.

Vistor3 will crush your machine. Goodbye any hopes of sanity or rapid development. You'll need a 64bit machine with a 64bit version of Photoshop and a high-performance RAID system for the dozens of gigabytes of data needed to process the artificial (?) terrain maps into the background image file, and the layer mask image file. You'll then spend the next several months/years of your life day and night manipulating roads, trees, and buildings across vast areas of empty terrain. Once your master piece is done, Visitor3 via Buldozer and pal2pace will slice and dice the background layers into a massive mountain of layer tiles and linking rvmat's. The final product isn't too bad, but will take some careful planning if you want it to fit on one CD when packed as a PBO.

Im going to be really sad if that is true. That was really the only modding in OFP that I truely enjoyed.

I have 2x 250 raptors in raid-0 and 500gb for stoage, i hope my system can handle it as long as it doesn't have problems with Vista :P

64Bit WindowsXP is cheap. If I'm not mistaken it was offered for free for sometime for owners of WinXP. Learn how to dual-boot here:

Substitute WinXP64Bit for WinME and install WinXP 32Bit first:

Hints & Tips Dual Boots

Photoshop 64Bit? Any 64Bit CPU like Athlon64 or Xeon with EMT (for the memory addressing) plus WinXP 64bit can run CS2 to address 3.5GB's of RAM.

A RAID0 can be relatively cheap these days. Here in CA I can pick WD Raptor 74GB 10K RPM for  $159.00 CDN. Every computer running a PCIe slot, will most likely have RAID on the board as well. The more drives the merrier! 4xWD Raptors and there is your hi-performance RAID disk subsystem!

Combined with a good backup routine to DVD, you're protected for the most part.

Where there is a will, there's someone trying to get into it...*cough* I mean LOL don't be so discouraged

biggrin_o.gif

Finally... only took 6-7+ months... AFTER release might I add. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, and it'll be riddled with bugs too. I doubt they were bug-testing this software this whole time.

Oh well, its coming now, nothing I can say will change that. At least now the modding community can fix what Bis so blindly misses. Armor values for one thing, team balancing for another.

what? first you guys bitch for "there is no tools", now that the tools is planned to be release, you bitch about "i cant handle it"/"it aint fast enought for creating addons"/"its too powerful"/"its too new, i'll use the old one"??

very good information for community, bravo, i hope we will learn to make good islands and units, to give BIS time to improve engine and things we cannot improve

Finally... only took 6-7+ months... AFTER release might I add. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, and it'll be riddled with bugs too. I doubt they were bug-testing this software this whole time.

Oh well, its coming now, nothing I can say will change that. At least now the modding community can fix what Bis so blindly misses. Armor values for one thing, team balancing for another.

What a pathetic and insulting post.

Quote[/b] ]At least now the modding community can fix what Bis so blindly misses. Armor values for one thing, team balancing for another.

You don't need the tools for that, do you even know what these tools do? Doesn't seem like it.

offical, should be, as like the old Oxygen tools the name should have already trademarked

no more post asking when are they going to be released ? sad_o.gif they were the sauce of the forum ...

hahahaha biggrin_o.gif funniest thing i read today rofl.gif

seriously its good that they release the mod tools. smile_o.gif

see if i can learn the tools this time around tounge2.gif

Finally... only took 6-7+ months... AFTER release might I add.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Apparently you have no clue at all. Shut up.

Vistor3 will crush your machine. Goodbye any hopes of sanity or rapid development. You'll need a 64bit machine with a 64bit version of Photoshop and a high-performance RAID system for the dozens of gigabytes of data needed to process the artificial (?) terrain maps into the background image file, and the layer mask image file. You'll then spend the next several months/years of your life day and night manipulating roads, trees, and buildings across vast areas of empty terrain.

*snip*

Do you (or anyone) know more about how visitor3 will work and care to elaborate a bit more? Can't seem to find much info about it.

I imagined that visitor3 would be a part texture-splatting kind of thing and would work with cells so that you won't need massive amounts of memory(?).

It is so funny how we forget our history.

This is almost exactly what was said when OFP was released, they even made a post for an exact date of release, that date came and went and just over a year later the first tool (not including built in mission editor) was released.

Quote[/b] ]Vistor3 will crush your machine. Goodbye any hopes of sanity or rapid development. You'll need a 64bit machine with a 64bit version of Photoshop and a high-performance RAID system for the dozens of gigabytes of data needed to process the artificial (?) terrain maps into the background image file, and the layer mask image file. You'll then spend the next several months/years of your life day and night manipulating roads, trees, and buildings across vast areas of empty terrain. Once your master piece is done, Visitor3 via Buldozer and pal2pace will slice and dice the background layers into a massive mountain of layer tiles and linking rvmat's. The final product isn't too bad, but will take some careful planning if you want it to fit on one CD when packed as a PBO.

Very true for people who will want to create Bis style islands,But for people who prefer there code to be run in the most efficient environment possible i don`t think they will need so many masks layers clutter references trees buildings etc etc IN high res and big files. so now i must speculate because i do not have your obvious beta test status . For me i only need to have the visitor3 so that the wrp or similar people can make a very good community programme, i dont know many people who even used visitor2 , most used wrp edit or the pmc tactical one this emphasis on beauty really is a worrying thing , although arma was sold as "mainstream friendly" i didnt think so much would be devoted to beauty rather than practicality in the arma forums.

Long term its excellent news short term i guess we go through another retexture phase followed by "m4 galore" then the real phase of island making wink_o.gif

biased opinion of course.

Don't release the tools , I have no spare time as it is!

So, it's monday, 09:36 am gmt+1, BIS, wake up, give us our present!!! tounge2.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

i heard yesterday from one man (i will not tell who)

and i don't know is it true, that BIS will release only Texview2 and new PBO tool :/