Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Update paradox!

Finally i've got ArmA and am dying to play it in all its glory fully patched and all.

I have the 505 boxed DVD version and internally it reads v 1.04.5121.

So which patch do i need to d/ld now, the update page was a bit confusing there are so many variants of the game crazy_o.gif .

There are EURO and INTL updates and i dont know which one to get. Plus they are all BIG patches so i dont wanna mess up the d/ld. My net isnt the fastest on the planet so i cant afford to make the mistake of getting the wrong one.

Download the European 1.5 path and then the European 1.08 patch

But i didnt buy the game in europe, i live in the middleeast, shouldnt my game be Intl or something then?

I hate this quadzillion patch business. i wish it were simpler.

505 published the game in Europe, thats where your game is probably from. So the Euro patches are what you need

Ok so the first patch would weigh in at 227 MB and the other after it for 1.08 would be around 565 MB?

Isnt there like ONE big patch for it all?

Nope, you need to download Both of them and install them in the order of 1.05 and then 1.08

Ok so i got this patch and its taking light years to install and in between i get this error now ... "Errorfound in file Addons/air.pbo (96587d7e!=fe592cae)"

What the hell is wrong now?

banghead.gif

Try clearing out any addons you may have before patching. The patches do take a while to install and 1.08 generally takes a looong time. Well worth it though.

I'm fairly sure you do have the Euro version too.

Good luck!

Yes, you want to do a fresh reinstall, if anything at all is edited the patch may not apply correctly if at all.

Ok so i reinstalled the game and then installed the patch again crazy_o.gif . Took me about 3-4 hours just to do all that ...

Still d/lding the 1.08 patch lets see how long it takes ... probably double the amount of time since its double the size.

I dont understand why PATCHES are so big now? Did they forget to put in major stuff and just bundle the original release half empty confused_o.gif .

its mentioned in erlier post to use euro patch 1.08 but there is only international 1.08 patch on website.

I have installed this and now having problems resuming saved campaign games?

anyone else had this problem?

have i installed wrong patch?