Sign in to follow this  
DnA

OFP: Resistance

CM has just announced a new expansion for OFP and it is looking amazing!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With over one million copies shipped of the award-winning Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Codemasters today confirms details of a dedicated expansion for the PC best seller titled Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

Due to launch at retail on June 21st and requiring the original game to play, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is a full expansion.

Enhancing the Flashpoint universe, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance creates an additional 100km2 island complete with industrial-style buildings and original landscape scenery. Thanks to the use of high-resolution textures throughout, the visuals will be much more detailed and dramatic than ever before.<span id='postcolor'>

4resistance_160.jpg

More information here.

Wow, sounds cool. Just not able to load the codemasters webpage right now, guess to busy smile.gif

while I do really dig the fact that there will be new high rez textures, I however am not interested in playing any games from the Rusky pov. No offence, it just doesn`t interest me. Same thing with the current glut of ww2 stuff out at this time.

If BIS ever does something a tad more current at many differing and exciting world locations ala Jungles, desert, grassy etc, I would be interested in that. Maybe FP2?

hmm.... I just hope codemasters dont make an even worse mess of the plot than they did with Red Hammer.

( an ex-spetznatz infantry guy starts commanding a tank against guys with guns that weren't used until 5 years later!? Come on, even I could do better! )

*wait, Coldwarflashpoint.com tells me its a BIS update! Sensible and working plotline here we come!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks to the use of high-resolution textures throughout, the visuals will be much more detailed and dramatic than ever before.<span id='postcolor'>

Will all Islands have the better textures or only the new one?

I hope that all the islands will be using hi res textures. I hope that the vehicle textures will also be updated to hi res.

BIS please help CM with this new add-on! The missions in Red Hammer, while fun, paled in comparison to the rich experience of the original OFP! And some of the missions were too freaken' hard!

BTW, I hope I can still get a good framerate with those sweet looking hit-rez textures! smile.gif

Errr...dudes, where did y'all learn to read? smile.gif

As you can read in this newsitem, the addons isn't being developed by CM.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Although being announced by Codemasters, we would like to stress that OFP: Resistance is being developed entirely by Bohemia Interactive Studio and not by CM or any other company as you may have suspected since BIS was not mentioned once in the announcement (weird? yes!wink.gif. As you can see from the 2 screenshots which were in the press statement and the great amount of new features, they are working very hard on making this expansion set a major step forward in the beautiful game-world of Operation Flashpoint.

We hope to get more information and maybe some screenshots of the lovely looking new island (and textures) soon and we can't wait for it to be released in June this year. Good luck BIS!<span id='postcolor'>

These are currently the only public pics:

4resistance_160.jpg4resistance_b_160.jpg

Just look at those trees smile.gif

This is the important part for me:

"

Enhancing the Flashpoint universe, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance creates an additional 100km squared island complete with industrial-style buildings and original landscape scenery. Thanks to the use of high-resolution textures throughout, the visuals will be much more detailed and dramatic than ever before."

The usage of high resolution textures means that the engine will support it apparently, in general. The textures we now have to work with are a maximum 256x256 px, making objects texturewise looking less detailed compared to other games.

Once they got rid of directPlay and restricted network playability, OFP will be all setup to stay around for a long period of time on our HDD´s.

Hey they actually listened to me when i asked in one topic to add support for high-res textures!!!!!!

I rule!!!!!! tounge.gif

well, if this addon adds higher detail textures on everything, I may pick it up for that for sure. But what does this mean for the mods we have now? This means we will need them redone to take advantage of the higher detail textures right?

I'll buy it for the new weapons and the vehicles I heard that there will be new weapons and vehicles in this pack but it sucks to wait I want it now even it costs $100 I buy it OFP rocks OFP2 will be the king of the games smile.gif

will it require more powerful pc's to run, i have ofp runnig well on my

p3 850mhz

640mb ram

geforce 3 ti 500

will this game make my system run for cover of will it face up to the game......

More OFP goodness. Delightful! I'm curious about what the "build an army" bit means. Is it just creative marketing or will we see some really ingenious campaign design?