Sign in to follow this  
Sigma-6

Cargo Ship

Are there still limits in Arma with collision detection when it comes to large objects?

I remember an LSD for flashpoint that had a really nice and complete interior, except it was 50% unaccessible due to engine limits and AI....well...didn't do anything at all.

Oh my god!!!!

That would be absoulutely perfect for Navy Seal/ Army Ranger missions!

Great stuff Sir! Will there be a ladder point so that it can boarded from a zodic or guys can board a zodiac from the freighter?

Sigma said earlier:

Quote[/b] ]At the moment, I'm envisioning this as a large piece of movable scenery more than as anything for use as a focal point in missions.

Anyway, as cool as it would be to have SEAL missions, I'm not really sure if Arma has advanced all that much in terms of AI and the player interacting on objects with proper roadway LODs, etc.

would be sweet if the cranes could be moved around and maybe be used to pick things up like containers. smile_o.gif

You will not be able to walk around on this while its moving. You'll only slide off, a bit like standing still on a treadmill. It's a ArmA game limitation. You would need to board the ship in a seating positon of some kind.

Maybe a static and moveable version would be a good idea. The static can have the interior done and better to walk on, but you won't be able to drive it etc.. and the driveable one could have limited interior. With a script you can easily swap between the two if needed.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe a static and moveable version would be a good idea.

A moveable version would be nice, but given the limitation of the engine to only deal with objects up to and under 50m's, I'm not so sure? But I've not exhausted all the options just yet.

Well, when it's released, any ambitious person is more than welcome to try and add the limited additional functionality the engine will allow to it. As it is, it's pretty much a driveable piece of scenery.

so can you walk on the deck of the ship when its moving ?

I remember in OFP there was an LSD 48, one could walk on it whilst it was travelling... it wouldn't take long to fall off the ship, though...  rofl.gif

Still, was very nice to have a visitable interior! thumbs-up.gif

If its drivable yes. At the moment, from what I have read, it will only be a static object.

Sorry, real life catching up, etc. . . I'll get back to it soon.

I havent seen any more updates on this.. =(

Can you let us know how its goin?

Yes, Sigma, please mate - I'm dying to launch commandos in the rubber-duckie from something smile_o.gif

The title of releasing the first ship for ArmA is preety auspicious! wink_o.gif

I have to stress that it's going to be very, very feature-limited. At the moment, it actually is so feature limited that it isn't my most likely release candidate. It will come out soon though, because there's not a lot that can be done with it to take it very far beyond where it is.

At the moment, I'm on vacation though. . . wink_o.gif