Sign in to follow this  
Sosna

Mouse Sensitivity

i also have the problem mentioned in the first post of this thread. Shooting with rifles is less than what it could be because of it. But i only really get pissed of with it if im shooting at something over 200meters with it, where aiming perfectly probably shouldnt be that easy.

i also have the problem mentioned in the first post of this thread. Shooting with rifles is less than what it could be because of it. But i only really get pissed of with it if im shooting at something over 200meters with it, where aiming perfectly probably shouldnt be that easy.

I agree.

This is exactly the problem I have in ArmA. Not in Red Orchestra, never had this in OFP nor in BF2 (when I played) nor in any other game. Just Armed Assault.

Wouldn't it be better to fix it by interpreting input acceleration rather than absolute value? A slow movement would result in a fine ajustment and fast movement would result in big ajustment. Can't be that hard.

Wouldn't it be better to fix it by interpreting input acceleration rather than absolute value? A slow movement would result in a fine ajustment and fast movement would result in big ajustment. Can't be that hard.

That could be good too, but may have a detrimental effect on vehicles and stuff when mouse driven.

Its the mouse floating zone setting that causes this. The floating zone feels and is perceived by the gamer as lag or mouse lag. I wish someone would make an official thread about this. I have said it before and I will say it again turn the floating zone completely down (all the way to the left) and watch your aiming get alot better.

Its the mouse floating zone setting that causes this. The floating zone feels and is perceived by the gamer as lag or mouse lag. I wish someone would make an official thread about this. I have said it before and I will say it again turn the floating zone completely down (all the way to the left) and watch your aiming get alot better.

No, it's not. I have floating zone all the way down since I'm a track IR user, and I can still see this happening.

am i the only one notice that this is infact happening in all other game?

That's just not true, the people here know what they're talking about. I experience the same skipping and lag with no floating zone.

Armed Assault and Flashpoint have been the only games where I've had it.

You can tweak your mouse sensitivity in Windows by trying to move it very slow pixel by pixel and lowering it until there is no skipping at all. Then set the sensitivity inside other games lower until you reach the same effect as in Windows. It might be hard with a ball mouse though, and I'm assuming that you have an optical/laser one suited for gaming.

Razer Diamondback here, exactly the same problem. Does not happen in OFP or any other game.

TBH the mouse movement system in ArmA is terrible. I spent my first week playing the game fiddling about with the sensitivity in the options, because the default setting is crap.

That's just not true, the people here know what they're talking about. I experience the same skipping and lag with no floating zone.

Armed Assault and Flashpoint have been the only games where I've had it.

You can tweak your mouse sensitivity in Windows by trying to move it very slow pixel by pixel and lowering it until there is no skipping at all. Then set the sensitivity inside other games lower until you reach the same effect as in Windows. It might be hard with a ball mouse though, and I'm assuming that you have an optical/laser one suited for gaming.

er you are correct as i have the old MS IE3.0

Its odd as I have the G5 with the latest Logitech Setpoint program with on the fly sensitivity adjustment (buttons on the mouse to change its DPI) and don't have this problem with the lowest sensitivity setting.  It does exist on the least sensitive setting, and is just noticible on the mid setting at distance.  

I do have the float turned all the way to the left and when I try long distance shooting, I turn the mouse sensitivity to the most sensitive setting and it works well.  

For the OP, do you have a sensitivity adjust buttons on your mouse?  If so, use 'em!

Its odd as I have the G5 with the latest Logitech Setpoint program with on the fly sensitivity adjustment (buttons on the mouse to change its DPI) and don't have this problem with the lowest sensitivity setting.  It does exist on the least sensitive setting, and is just noticible on the mid setting at distance.  

I do have the float turned all the way to the left and when I try long distance shooting, I turn the mouse sensitivity to the most sensitive setting and it works well.  

For the OP, do you have a sensitivity adjust buttons on your mouse?  If so, use 'em!

I don't have any built in function in my mouse to change DPI, but I think if I install the Logitec software I may be able to assign a 'reduce sensitivity' function to one of the buttons.

Might be a good workaround.

I used to get that all the time until I cranked my Windows mouse sensitivity to full and reduced mouse sensitivity in the game to minimum. Now I have nearly perfect aiming! Might not work for everyone though.