Sign in to follow this  
Kapyong

The Australian Defence Force Armoury

i will keep that in mind mate.

Also, i have done some research and the texutres on the M4 have been cleared for use by SUCH marines smile_o.gif

NP mate im not gunna go into it much as the stuff is really old, but just make you ask the right people, some of the stuff i can see in use had/has nothing to do with Rico or the ADF Mod etc. apart from the fact that he got permission to use it aswell, not permission to give out permision if ya get what i mean haha, and some of the model work was done by another person not within adf mod either.

But anywho best of luck with it all, look forward to seeing the stuff progress into the future smile_o.gif

cheers for the kinds words mate.

If u PM me thier names iw ill gladly throw em in the credits, but i think to date i have edited the models more than seen in theese screens (ArmA dont like OFP weapons much biggrin_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Only model used is the F88 Mag (originally from the BIS OFP Steyr) and the forward front grip on the F88 (From ADF mod, OFP)

it helps if you don't leave the original p3d's in the .rar file if you going to say you made them from scratch...

Kapyong i suggest you give credit where it is deserved and definitely do not try and take credit where it is clearly not. You will find your self quickly out casted from the modding community if you keep up the way you are going.

Is "Styer" a common oztraylean nickname for "Steyr" (that

fine Austrian arms manufacturer that has made quality

instruments of violent death since the 1860s)?

The F88 Austeyr is a varient with it's roots coming from the Steyr AUG produced in Austria by the "Steyr Works" Company.

The F88 was designed and manufactured in Australia.

Is "Styer" a common oztraylean nickname for "Steyr" (that

fine Austrian arms manufacturer that has made quality

instruments of violent death since the 1860s)?

It's obviously a misspelling mate, no need to be a smart arse about it.

Still waiting to hear from you regarding the 'serious errors in proportion and detail' of the SLR that SoldierX posted up...

Gday mate,

I hope you can consider the following to be constructive criticisms:

1) The Picatinny rail mounting for all those optics either has not been modelled at all or else the profile is WAY to low. You’re also missing the front sling swivel because of this and some other problems at the front of the receiver.

2) The flash suppressor is incorrect; we use one with multiple slots.

3) The receiver is also incorrect in the positioning of the cooling slots.

4) You've textured over the ejection port.

5) You're also missing the butt retaining pin and rear sling swivel.

6) You're missing the bayonet locking lug

These are just the things that stood out, hopefully though they should be a reasonably easy fix for you mate since you won't have to alter the main body to much. Keep working at it! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's obviously a misspelling mate, no need to be a smart arse about it.

I think he was asking about the origins of the Steyr from the Steyr works in Austria, and if the F88 was of Austrian design, not Australian.

Quote[/b] ]Still waiting to hear from you regarding the 'serious errors in proportion and detail' of the SLR that SoldierX posted up...

If you are reffering to Soldier X's work he is not apart from the ADF-A as he is part of the very talented mod group "Australian At War" who are focusing on mainly on the Australian involvment in the Vietnam War. No SLR (L1A1) has been made by the ADF-A smile_o.gif

@Madcap:

Thanks for the info mate, we were aware of the problems after the release as the models we ere using where imported from OFP and edited by us (hense the texture over the ejector) smile_o.gif

Will keep ypu posted

Quote[/b] ]The F88 was designed....

as far as i see it, it was designed in austria wink_o.gif

and the licence was sold to australia to build their own named as F88.

the basic F88 variant seems to be a 1:1 copy of the A1 variant.

other versions feature just little additions wich wouldnt made the whole thing desingned in australia.

i didnt saw a picture of the australian A4 variant but i think its just the A3 variant for the rest of the world.

getting a bit off topic, but ok...

the parts that made the F88 the F88 were designed in Australia with the orignal model/idea orginated in Austria thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Good to see so much interest in F88's and Steyrs worldwide

sorry to stay a bit offtopic but i think you confuse production and design big time...!?

if you buy the license to produce parts wich essentially are the same, its not called designed. the weapon was designed 15-20 years earlier.

i never say with that, that the F88 is any worse than the Stg77, no its essentially the same! just no new design...

for example, Stg58 was a FN-Fal clone, licenced as the F88, build by steyr but they never designed it. same with australian L1A1, a british copy of the FN-Fal than come over to australia, but never a new design.

british L1A1 and austrian Stg58 had some own additions like sligh different measurements or a bi pod but that doesnt count for "designed in ..." i say.

in the end, noone did austrian soldiers so far, doesnt make me happy but so i will get the aussies wich, as we can see, are fond of quality rifles themselfs for their army.

i think you can see the "philosophy" of an army on their infantry weapon(s). as like with restaurants and their toiletts wink_o.gif

well, its offtopic but still were in  the armory herer  pistols.gif

steyr aug and f88 are the same deal all "designed" by steyr austria..

it just has a different designation name..

same as the british L96, the aussie sr98 and german g22..

theyre essentiall the same weapon produced by the same manufacturer..

stop nitpicking here... kinda stubborn..

lets get back ontopic..

Wrong mate, there are differences between the SR-98 and L96.

Not particularly relevant to modelling said weapons though.

As our friend nephilim stated, lets get back on topic.

Kapyong i suggest you give credit where it is deserved and definitely do not try and take credit where it is clearly not. You will find your self quickly out casted from the modding community if you keep up the way you are going.

Wait what?

Can we use it, retexture it, change the config and then release it in our needed addon-pack for our Mission?

Best Regards, Christian

Instead of digging out a 7 month old thread, why not simply send the author a PM asking for permission?

Firstly, apologies to the admins and to the rest of the forum for digging up an old thread, but i've just got to make one post.

If anyone still has OFP installed and wants to use these 'ArmA' addons in that please follow these links;

ADF Troops & SASR v1.1:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7458

Bloody crazy that all these models were made, edited and textured long before you did them from scratch for ArmA. ( I acknowledge that you've changed some things)

If you need WIP pics i'm pretty sure i've got them on an old HD.

Also neither had anything to do with the ADF Mod at the time of creation. Rico should know this, ask him about it again.

Not that there really up to ArmA standard anyway, but congrats on all your hard work. It's really appreciated  thumbs-up.gif

So i apologise to you all for digging it up but i only saw them on armaholic today.