Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ArmA AntiCheat for Servers and Map makers

Response about what?

Can you access the public forum or no yet?

Also why are people not looking for the dumb dialog opening? It would not to be hard to tell if it was open.

the new arma super cheat pack was released by you know who and this is causing havoc, and admins are powerless to do anything about it, we have been hacked several times and alot of people are leaving because of it.

LOL how is ARMA2 ever going to sell LOL (cause the anti-hacker problem wont be fixed) So much bad press/word of mouth.

Too bad so much time went into FADE when they just find ways around it.

Start writing scripts in SQF. They like SQS because it's quote: "easy to learn and update." unquote.

Maybe in missions have a loop for all players disableuserinput = false or something like that. Had chances to kick but that disable userinput crap stopped me. Anyone have a idea on how to put that in mission and someone help test it??

Cheaters use this so they don't lock other cheaters' keyboards input.

#loop

["disableuserinput false;"]

disableuserinput false;

goto "loop"

Hey guys I got some problem. Last time I was playing in internet on some germany server. I was flying BlackHawk and transporting people to the red zone areas. Suddenly some f*cking cheaters came up to the game. They we're blowing up everything, they was pushing us into flying busses and doing lots of stupid things. I disconnected from that server and when I came to another one, I was saying (without my permission in the chatter) some website links and some strange codes. Do I have any virus from that hackers or something else ? Should I delete some file from my documents or ArmA folder ? Please tell me something.

It was running nicely on the 22SAS server today, no noticable increase in lag.

I just wish all servers would run this.. just got accused of cheating earlier in a DM game with an 'aim hack' by the MIT clan.. Just great  mad_o.gif

Not only can these stop the cheaters it can prove who is and who isnt! :P

Sorry on behalf of MIT jack.

Cheaters really break our nerves.

Most hated cheat is is the KFC cheat pack.

This cheat pack makes us Password our server to only give access to trusted or checked people...

This way we at MIT will try to get cheat free games....

Any wayz to stop people from downloading this pack they auto changed the name to KFC,but insiders know what i mean,plse look at it...

If there are any wizkids who know a way to detect the KFC problem,plse do so....

Regards...

[MIT]PoinTMaN

I was on a server the other day and found it quite funny becuase i dont even think this works, as the Armaac was saying "This server has been hacked", "Armaac is shite it doesnt work" and loads more, and it was the ARMAAC thing saying it. wink_o.gif

its better to have 2 people trying to improve then 1 person who only kriticises other people trying.

Thank you Matt for pointing that out.

when are we going to get arma back its totally fubar on the servers . I hadnt played for ages went in and within 5 mins some hacker was pretending to be me. come on bis sort it out.

On the PvP and TeamVTeam servers, especially the Berzerk servers the problem is RIFE. I have also noted this thing on AAS server a couple of times now.

Basically the machine/connection appears to lag for a few seconds, then some mass deaths follow - I noted the same 'lag' behaviour when I was tinkering with my own 'cheat' nuclear grenade that I used for respawn testing a while back.

Someone out there has a cheat that runs a setdammage script or something moving outwards or onwards through a radius setting damage as it goes to enemy units.

At first I just put it down to lag, and that it was a valid kill although delayed - however after watching the same thing a few times on a Berzerk map it is definitely a cheat/hack that is occuring.  The 'delay/lag' that precedes these deaths is a good indicator that such a cheat is underway and running.

Perhaps they are running a script on all machines to do this, although the lag would indicate that the processing is done on their client then transmitted across the network as setDammage or similar.  This problem or exploit really needs to be fixed.

when are we going to get arma back its totally fubar on the servers . I hadnt played for ages went in and within 5 mins some hacker was pretending to be me. come on bis sort it out.

Try playing on [MIT] clan server...

You will like it.... wink_o.gif

Is work on ARMACC going on?

Cant find any news abaout?

Is MadDogX alive ?

I think the a good way could be hack the hackers all the way up their arses so it makes it pointless to hack anymore.

Example; Set a official global allowed mod list, anything beyond the boundaries of it will be consider cheat by arma and will trigger the anti-cheat. The anticheat should set a windows registry key wich will block any further attemp to play arma multiplayer as well as try to reinstall armed assault again unless you format your HD and install windows again.

Maybe it cant be done officially as looks sligly out of law but this could really be fist blowing the cheating once and forever.

Might that "prevent re installation" thing be considered some form of malware as it messes with important Windows files preventing a task from taking place? Also, when you buy the DVD you are buying the privilege to install it on a machine and even if you break the EULA you still have that right.

Way illegal...

EDIT: doesn't windows have a rollback feature (cant remember what its called) that would reset the registry?

Do you really think that would stop a hacker? C'mon.

I know for a fact that one could just image their PC using ghost or Acronis and just reload the old image within minutes.

The only way to get around the cheaters is to password all the servers and require some sort of identification to access the password list. Perhaps an MD5 certificate to access servers, or maybe an ACL of some sort.

The problem is that in the end, the hackers will gain access and the game is dead again.

Another possible solution is that when they hack a server, they download a nasty script that sends their info to the community. The community can then retaliate.

Hi,

I have problem using ARMAAC on linux server...

I was using ARMAAC with SIX_Misc on our old Windows server,

and it was working great...

I have copied all files from our old Windows server, to new Linux

server, and I can't see now any messages from ARMAAC in the game..

How to enable ARMAAC on Linux servers?

Thx

Hi,

I have problem using ARMAAC on linux server...

I was using ARMAAC with SIX_Misc on our old Windows server,

and it was working great...

I have copied all files from our old Windows server, to new Linux

server, and I can't see now any messages from ARMAAC in the game..

How to enable ARMAAC on Linux servers?

Thx

UPDATE:

ARMAAC is working on Linux, but something is wrong...

It starts after about 3 minutes after mission start...

This is annoying becouse mission scripts also don't start

before ARMAAC... So we must wait about 3 minutes after each

mission change to start playing...

What is wrong with ARMAAC and Linux?

EDIT:

Sorry, my bad... This isn't ARMAAC foult, I have something

strange with my linux server, all scripts (including mission) starts

only after somone will conect after game has started....

I was saying (without my permission in the chatter) some website links and some strange codes. Do I have any virus from that hackers or something else ? Should I delete some file from my documents or ArmA folder ?

Same here, got kicked from a server. Is there a way to prevent this highjacking?

For your info:

I have requested that this topic be locked and unstickied, as I am no longer active in the ArmA community and thus cannot support ArmAAC.

The last update was over half a year ago, so most people have probably realized this by now. I would refer you to other more successful projects such as DooACS. Not to mention that the upcoming patch comes with built-in anticheat measures that will hopefully be effective.

regards

MadDogX