Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ArmA AntiCheat for Servers and Map makers

ok I have the armaac pbo in a folder in my main arma folder called armaac and i'm using this bat file to launch my server

@echo off

echo +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

echo ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ArmA_Server.exe++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

echo +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

echo ++++++++++++++Restart Application for [sRR] Armed Assault Server.++++++++++++++

echo ++++++++++You will need to close this to stop the server restarting:+++++++++++

echo +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Server Created++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

echo ++++++++++++++++++++Date:11/06/2007 Time:18:00:16.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:RESTART

"ArmA_Server.exe" -server -config=server.cfg -mod=armaac -port=2303

FOR /F "TOKENS=1* DELIMS= " %%A IN ('DATE/T'wink_o.gif DO SET DATE=%%B

FOR /F "TOKENS=*" %%A IN ('TIME/T'wink_o.gif DO SET TIME=%%A

ECHO Server Restarted at %TIME% on %DATE%

GOTO RESTART

Should that work?

Ignore the smileys its just the way the code has come out lol

If you are using a mod folder (i.e. "armaac" in your case), you must create a folder called "Addons" inside that folder and put the ARMAAC.pbo in there.

wink_o.gif

ok scrap the above lol

I have added it to a addons folder inside the armaac folder also I have installed FireDaemon pro so i can run it as a service

so my exec line is -config=server.cfg -mod=armaac -port=2303

does that seem ok?

ok scrap the above lol

I have added it to a addons folder inside the armaac folder also I have installed FireDaemon pro so i can run it as a service

so my exec line is -config=server.cfg -mod=armaac -port=2303

does that seem ok?

Looks fine. If you are using ArmAAC without SIX_Misc, remember that any missions you want to use ArmAAC will need to be made ArmAAC compatible.

Either that or you use SIX_Misc, which is a lot easier. wink_o.gif

K cheers m8 edited evolution3.0 and its working now  notworthy.gif

Is their an easy way to implement it in all missions?

K cheers m8 edited evolution3.0 and its working now notworthy.gif

Please dont say there is? wink_o.gif

Just edited 52 of our public server missions! wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Please dont say there is?  wink_o.gif

Just edited 52 of our public server missions!  wow_o.gif  smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

K cheers m8 edited evolution3.0 and its working now notworthy.gif

Please dont say there is? wink_o.gif

Just edited 52 of our public server missions! wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

lol!

Its all for the cause! xmas_o.gif

Just hope all mission makers from now add it! wink_o.gif

edit:- well dont matter if they dont wink_o.gif

Only takes 2 sec's to edited it before i chuck it up on our server! smile_o.gif

Please dont say there is?  wink_o.gif

Just edited 52 of our public server missions!  wow_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Yes there is :d Download Sickboys SIX_Misc and add it to the server addons but!! thats if you want all the other stuff that comes with it so i think your OKI there mate. smile_o.gif

Unless they team together and create a AAC_Misc just to add to the server.

Cheers Matt , did read it somewhere above!

Ah well its done now! smile_o.gif

Yes there is :d Download Sickboys SIX_Misc and add it to the server addons but!! thats if you want all the other stuff that comes with it so i think your OKI there mate. smile_o.gif

Unless they team together and create a AAC_Misc just to add to the server.

Default, SIX_Misc is pretty light configured. I think this cooperation is just fine :-)

prob little early to confirm but I'm seeing a big drop in FPS on server. Will monitor more and run some tests.

I am also having problems with the CTF server now. Locks up and will not let admins go back to the mission selection screen, unable to do anything had to restart twice.

prob little early to confirm but I'm seeing a big drop in FPS on server. Will monitor more and run some tests.

How many people were on the server and what mission was running? Also, are you using the most recent ArmAAC version?

I am also having problems with the CTF server now. Locks up and will not let admins go back to the mission selection screen, unable to do anything had to restart twice.

An important research to us would be if the same mission could be tested, with the call line from ARMAAC without the SIX_Misc addon loaded. Versus the same situation without the call line, but with the SIX_Misc addon loaded.

If you would be so kind to test and supply such information, then either I must debug SIX_Misc or MadDogX the ArmAAC smile_o.gif

As far as the CTF server goes, this lockup problem is only happening sinse I converted all the missions and added the PBO 1006. It still shows the me on the server in armalauncher even after I have left . I was talking to the guys on TS and they didnt even know I'd left the server. It allowed players to join but that was it. It wouldnt respond to the admin commands.

In regards to the Coop there was approx 25 players playing, I loaded a mission I made as I know the starting FPS as I've tested it for MP optimisation and it was about 10FPS below what it normally is after 4-5 mins of play.

I've also noticed a huge increase in outgoing Kpbs on the server. With 8-10 players on a coop its around 400-700Kpbs average, last night it got up too nearly 1100Kpbs.

I'll test out running the same mission with and without the init line and report back

It would be nice that server admins (dedicated only) and owners had a fourm where we could discuss the idiots comming in to our servers. Would have to be for thouse of use that are running true dediacted standalone servers in a data center.

Armaac is nice but Ive noticed a surge in the number of smacktards loggin in the server since I installed it.Almost as if I sent a challange to hack the server.. Some idiot  had let loose some kind of a hack that made the voices start repeating over and over . I logged on a few mins ago and was greated my where are you over and over and over again followed by get in get in get in get in over and over. I had to reboot the server (and restart the evolution).

IS there a log file that armaac puts out ?

would be nice to share id's that are allready banned so I can add them to my list

band.gif

@Dustoff - good idea.

Strangely my dedicated server died a miserable death yesterday...started crashing every 5 minutes or so. The log showed signs of a memory leak...ultimately, the hoster had to reinstall the game for me, wouldv'e been kind of them to let me know it first so I could back up some stuff though, and for some odd reason they installed the international version on top of the old US version...now I gotta see if that is gonna be a problem. I dont think any of this is ARMAAC's fault, but I cant help but feel like I got nuked by someone...somehow.

Well, I installed both ARMAAC and Sickboys SIX Pack on my server late last night. I connected to see if it was working and received a welcome message from ARMAAC. I connected again early this morning and as I was connected I had a player connect and start playing. The mission was Evolution 3.0. Two players have been on the server the entire day. It has been running for over 12 hours. When I connected I saw that they were almost finished with the mission. Yet, I noticed no increase in my connect times. I asked how the server has been running and got reports that it's running as smooth as silk. I do not know if anyone has tried to connect using a hack. I received no reports of trouble. I did get some nice feedback from Sickboy's tracer mod. It received a two thumbs up review. thumbs-up.gif

First day report: All in the green.

From what I can tell, servers with few players (up to about 6 or 7) are runnning fine, even after a long uptime, but the heavily populated servers are having trouble.

It seems I'll need to do some major optimizing for heavily populated servers. The current routines check a lot more than they need to which basically causes way too much server load when many players are involved.

Due to an ISP change, I won't be able to access the internet for the whole weekend, but you can expect a fix on monday. Until then, I would recommend that all server admins experiencing these problems remove ARMAAC temporarily. Anyone who has the time and the nerve could help me a lot by doing some testing. Please try and provide the following data:

Testing time. (in hours/minutes)

Using SIX_Misc? (Yes/No)

Mission?

Average players on the server? (approximate)

Average FPS? (approximate)

Average out kbps? (approximate)

Average in kbps? (approximate)

I'll also try and work something out, so that server admins can customize ArmAAC to suit their needs.

Quote[/b] ]Also, clients can use non-malicious mods, such as sound mods without fear of being kicked.

Please elaborate on what's considered malicious and what isnt.

Hello,

installed the ARMAAC with the @SIX_Misc addon on our Server and did some testing with a friend using some cheats (he doesn't use them while playing, trust me). When connecting we got the ARMAAC Message that it is running and scanning X players. Then ym friend activated his Multihack. First we tried infinite ammo. Result: cheat worked, no reaction from ARMAAC. Then increased Speed. Still no reaction from ARMAAC. Same with noFog and noGrass. The cheats worked all and no reaction from ARMAAC.

Did i something wrong? I've put the ARMAAC.pbo into the addons folder. Then copied the folder @SIX_Misc into the ArmA directory and also copied the SIX_Misc.hpp into the dta folder. The only modification i made was to comment out this line:

// #define SIX_MARKERS

Please, is there something wrong or does ARMAAC not recognize these sorts of cheats?

did you depbo the mission and add the line of Armaac code to the Mission you were playing?