Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ArmA AntiCheat for Servers and Map makers

ok, then it isnt working by just copying into addons folder. I got SIX_Misc installed and can tell that is working by the spam in my server.rpt file...what else could be wrong?

When you say I have to enable it as part of SIX_Misc, do you mean actively edit SIX_Misc somehow?

I have reuploaded 6thSense.eu Pack1 as of this morning 08:30 CET. Please redownload it and take the updated SIX_Misc. Your problems should be gone. It can be possible that Initialization messages of ArmAAC arrive later, not around briefing but at mission start.

hmm, I have the RC6 version already. I also tried pulling the pbo out of default addons and putting it in its own mod folder and updated the server cmd line to point to it. That didnt work either. I am not running any other mods on the server, and I have SIX_Misc, SIX_tracers and ModWarSound running on my clientside.

I waiting each time I tested it for the mission start and even bopped around inside evo, never saw a message from ARMAAC and arma_server.rpt is still only showing msgs from SIX_Misc.

Thanks for the help, btw... smile_o.gif

hmm, I have the RC6 version already. I also tried pulling the pbo out of default addons and putting it in its own mod folder and updated the server cmd line to point to it. That didnt work either. I am not running any other mods on the server, and I have SIX_Misc, SIX_tracers and ModWarSound running on my clientside.

I waiting each time I tested it for the mission start and even bopped around inside evo, never saw a message from ARMAAC and arma_server.rpt is still only showing msgs from SIX_Misc.

I reuploaded the Pack1 RC6 at 08:30 CET this morning. Reading your message it does not seem you updated it this morning because you already had RC6, but as written, it was updated at 08:30 CET, that's few minutes ago smile_o.gif

Sry for the hassle btw, tests yesterday were done with wrong test mission, shiiiit biggrin_o.gif

OK, I was assuming the RC rev would roll if changed. I see the updated SIX_Misc.pbo but after updating it on the server and restarting, I am still not seeing any ARMAAC msgs anywhere.

Sry for the hassle btw, tests yesterday were done with wrong test mission, shiiiit biggrin_o.gif

My bad by the way. I was testing SIX_Misc to see if the built-in ARMAAC support worked, but the mission I tested it on was one I had edited earlier - so it already had ARMAAC implemented.

whistle.gif

Ok, sry as well for all the extra posts, but problem was solved with the RC6-redux. My initial update said it succeeded but the file was still the older one, re-updated it and now it works like a charm in evo.

Nice work and thx for the assist... notworthy.gif

Ok, sry as well for all the extra posts, but problem was solved with the RC6-redux. My initial update said it succeeded but the file was still the older one, re-updated it and now it works like a charm in evo.

Nice work and thx for the assist... notworthy.gif

Hehe, shit happens and np for the assist.

About the logics behind the RC naming stuff, you are very right wink_o.gif it's confusing and shouldn't happen :P

When i'm out of v0.1 RC status I will change my strategy smile_o.gif

Anyway, lets get back to discussing the great ARMAAC biggrin_o.gif

So, I just played a bit and would like to suggest that the msg frequency be toned down a bit. once a minute seems a bit too often. Or maybe after the first 3 or 4 msgs have it scale back to just spam the screen when a new player has joined.

So, I just played a bit and would like to suggest that the msg frequency be toned down a bit. once a minute seems a bit too often. Or maybe after the first 3 or 4 msgs have it scale back to just spam the screen when a new player has joined.

That's what I've been thinking about too.

The problem is that the script currently does not discern between a player that has just joined the server and a player that has respawned, so it would also display the message whenever someone respawns. I'll need to implement some kind of check for that. For now I'll slow down the messages to every five minutes.

That aside, are you noticing any slowdowns or something when playing Evolution with ARMAAC enabled?

I'm still dying to hear some feedback. I'd especially like to know if someone's already witnessed ARMAAC in action (i.e. kicking someone).

i played Evo last night with 11 players, there didnt seem to be a differnt in fps/lagg so all was good. smile_o.gif

i played Evo last night with 11 players, there didnt seem to be a differnt in fps/lagg so all was good. smile_o.gif

A modified version of evo?

A modified version of evo?

Good point there.

I'd like to remind all server admins that it is no longer necessary to modify missions if you are running ARMAAC together with the latest release of SIX_Misc. It will start automatically.

Might be worth looking into, as some mission makers do not approve of their missions being edited.

Tried Evolution mission with this AntiCheat thing on. Biggest thing I've noticed is that JIP has increased from say 30sec-10min to 10min-40min. Taken back out of Evolution as the JIP problems outweigh the benefits gained. Not tried out yet with non Evolution missions.

When I enabled six misc via the command line my servers show up with red boxes and a wrong verision error.

I have arrmac in my addons and six misc and the dta folder installed . with out the command line I get the right ver

huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif

@stobbsy: Are you sure of this? The anti-cheat system should not really have an effect on the "recieving data" time as far as I'm informed. I just tried it out, joined the SWAF EU #3 persistent Evo server (which has been running with ArmAAC all day) in just under 6 minutes.

@dustoff: That's weird. Sounds like something's in the wrong place. Neither ArmAAC nor SIX_Misc change anything to do with versions. Where exactly have you placed each of the files? ARMAAC.pbo and SIX_Misc.pbo should be in Addons and SIX_Misc.hpp should be in Dta.

shhhhhhh~

the enemy is listening wow_o.gif

anyway, i hope this works to kick some sorry-little-buggers-ass

I put the arrmac stuff in the addons folder and the copied the sixmisc folder to my servers arma fold and put the dta contents in the dta folder.

with out the command line -mod=@SIX_Misc it works but with that command line I get the server showing up with the red box.

I have tried it with and with out the six misc stuff on my client computer and still get the same error.

do I have to use the command line on my client also ? And if so does that mean only people with this anti cheat can get in huh.gif

I've uploaded it to our =22SAS= Public server! pistols.gif

Edit:- btw excellent work matey! notworthy.gif

When I enabled six misc via the command line my servers show up with red boxes and a wrong verision error.

I have arrmac in my addons and six misc and the dta folder installed . with out the command line I get the right ver

huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif

remove the @SIX_Misc from your -mod list on the server, and simply copy the SIX_Misc.pbo next to your armaac.pbo.

As you added a modfolder to your server (@SIX_Misc), and probably the server's configured for EqualModsRequired, as such it says bad version or mods etc.

I put the arrmac stuff in the addons folder and the copied the sixmisc folder to my servers arma fold and put the dta contents in the dta folder.

with out the command line -mod=@SIX_Misc  it works but with that command line I get the server showing up with the red box.

I have tried it with and with out the six misc stuff on my client computer and still get the same error.

do I have to use the command line on my client also ? And if so does that mean only people with this anti cheat can get in huh.gif

No, it should be server only.

Could it be that you have "equalModRequired=1;" in your server.cfg? If so, try putting both the SIX_Misc addon and the ARMAAC addon in the standard addons folder and running the server without the command line.

That be it equalmodrequired was at 1.

Dustys game room will be running this anti cheat on both servers.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

That be it equalmodrequired was at 1.

Dustys game room will be running this anti cheat on both servers.

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Good to hear! biggrin_o.gif

Update: I've updated ArmAAC to version 1.006. Download it here!

Do I need to add a target line to my startup script if i just add the pbo to the addons folder as i'm getting no message when in-game that says its running?

Or would i only get a message if it was added to maps?

Cheers

Now running 1.006 very good stuff here .

not seeing any extra server load while running this either.

now we just have to see how this effects these bums.

Do I need to add a target line to my startup script if i just add the pbo to the addons folder as i'm getting no message when in-game that says its running?

Or would i only get a message if it was added to maps?

Cheers

Yes, if you are not using SIX_Misc, you'll need to add the target line to your init script.

If you install the latest SIX_Misc addon you will not need to add the target line.