Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ArmA AntiCheat for Servers and Map makers

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>ArmA Anti-Cheat</span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Current version: 1.006</span>

This is the "official" ARMAAC thread, where all updates and downloads will be announced. ARMAAC is a script package for Armed Assault, that checks the config files of any clients connected to the server. The scripts are easy to implement into MP missions and the server admin running the mission does not need to use the ARMAAC addon if he doesn't want to. I would also like to point out that it is not necessary for players to download the addon. The scripts are all run on the server.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>ARMAAC support is now included in >>Sickboy's SIX_Pack 1<<! It his highly recommended for server admins to use ArmAAC in combination with SIX_Misc, because it eliminates the need of modifying missions to support it.</span>

Use this thread for feedback regarding the ARMAAC scripts and for your experiences (negative or positive) while on servers that use them.

ARMAAC features:

Quote[/b] ]

- Safe playing: Keep cheaters off your server with little hassle. No need to configure any server configs.

- Compatible with mods: Running an unsigned mod on your server? No problem. ARMAAC checks anything that's there. Also, clients can use non-malicious mods, such as sound mods without fear of being kicked.

- It's optional: Enabling your mission for ARMAAC doesn't mean server admins are forced to use it. If the ARMAAC addon isn't there, the mission works normally.

- Easily implemented: For mission makers, implementing ARMAAC in your missions is a piece of cake. All it takes is a single line of code. For server admins, it's just a matter of getting the ARMAAC addon.

- Easily updated: All ARMAAC scripts are stored in the server-side addon. Once ARMAAC support has been implemented in a mission, there will be no need to change the mission, if there is an ARMAAC update. The server admin just needs to download the latest ARMAAC version and overwrite the old one.

- 100% Server-side: No player will ever need to download ARMAAC. It's all done on the server.

Changelog:

Quote[/b] ]

Version 1.000:

- First beta release candidate

Version 1.003:

- Improved config checking method

Version 1.004:

- Corrected a small "script not found"

- Added some additional config checks

- Improved performance on heavily populated servers

Version 1.005:

- Added compatibility for Sickboy's SIX_Pack 1

- Removed an unnecessary message

Version 1.006

- Reduced ArmAAC reporting frequency

- Included player join messages

- Fixed wrong player number bug

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'> ------------------------------------- </span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>ARMAAC for mission makers</span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>How to make your MP missions "ARMAAC enabled":</span>

Enabling ARMAAC for your multiplayer missions is simple and safe. Even if your mission is run on a server that does not use ARMAAC, there will be no problems at all. It is also highly recommended to use Sickboy's SIX_Misc addon, as it automatically enables ARMAAC for all missions.

All you need to do is add the following line of code to the start of your missions INIT.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (isServer && isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ARMAAC")) then {[] execVM "\ARMAAC\ARMAAC.sqf";};

And that's it. From this point on, your mission is ARMAAC enabled and will utilize the ArmA Anti-Cheat scripts if the addon is installed on the server. Rest assured that this will not make your mission unplayable, and even if it did, the server admin could just remove the ARMAAC scripts easily.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'> ------------------------------------- </span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>ARMAAC for server admins</span>

As a server admin, you need only install the latest ARMAAC.pbo file to your server's addons folder, or to a mod folder if you prefer.

Current version: 1.006

Release date: June 27th, 2007

Size: 17,3kb

MD5 hash: 96B3780B5F3143604511C48EA87AF16E

Download link: Main download site

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Servers running ARMAAC:</span>

badonline.net

Bravo Co. 2nd Rangers

Dustys Game Room

GamingSA.com - AusArma.com ARMAAC

GamingSA.com - AusArma.com Realistic ARMAAC

OGN@iiNet Australian ArmA COOP Server

OGN@iiNet Australian CTF ArmA Server

[sRR] UK Fun 100 Mbit Server

SWAF EU #3 Persistent Evolution World

Ive added the Test PBO to the server and i have started editing the missions with the init you posted. would be nice to post the init in this thread too. smile_o.gif

Ive added the Test PBO to the server and i have started editing the missions with the init you posted. would be nice to post the init in this thread too. smile_o.gif

Yup, I've started writing up the description and included the implementation code.

I'll be finishing it up during the day. I'm at work right now, so I've got a lot of time on my hands... whistle.gif

I hereby announce the first release of ARMAAC (version 1.004). Download links and info in the original post.

Or just download it here! (only required for server admins)

I hereby announce the first release of ARMAAC (version 1.004). Download links and info in the original post.[/url] (only required for server admins)

Nice Job mate!

This must be a lovely addition for the public servers out there!

Works Great too, this should be stickyed. !!!! hint hint mods.

I reccomend all server admins install this onto there servers and all mission makers add the script line into the missions!!!

We can win the WAR! On Cheaters Horay!!

yey cool stuff matt!

i 'digg' this

My name's Luke actually  wink_o.gif .

By the way, updated to version 1.005. Sorry about the frequent updates at the moment. They will be further inbetween in future.

Great job!

I'll be adding this to all my missions from now on and hopefully server admins will utilise this and we can get the hackers to feck off =D

thumbs-up.gif Nice job i'll let =22SAS= know about this and try and get it uploaded to our dedi. =)

EDIT: +1 for Sticky!

Hopefully script reports the cheaters to the players currently on the server?

Hopefully script reports the cheaters to the players currently on the server?

Yep, it displays a "<Name> was kicked" message.

Dustys game room has added this to its servers as well.

Where can I get a list of mods that have this installed .

This will be aweosme if the Berkerk Maps and Evolution Maps Get Updated with this haha by by cheaters.

Well it's up to the mission makers to implement ARMAAC support in their missions, so there will probably never be a truly comprehensive list.

We just need to spread the word. Or you could edit the missions on your server. It's not much work.

1 - UnPBO mission

2 - Add call line to init.sqf

3 - PBO mission

Done.

Added Support for ARMAAC into SIX_Misc (part of "Pack1"). If you add the ARMAAC addon and the SIX_Misc on the server, there is no need to edit missions. (For info read the docs that come with Pack1, link in sig)

SIX_Misc is not required on clients for ARMAAC to work.

Added to the [sRR] UK Fun 100 Mbit Server  wink_o.gif

Good work dude  notworthy.gif

Nice to hear. wink_o.gif

I think I'll add a "Servers running ARMAAC" list tomorrow.

congrats on rolling this out for masses notworthy.gifyay.gif

OGN Server done nice work MadDogX,

I pounced on this like a chicken on a bug. Now, off to install on my server badonline.net .

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifTHANKS!!!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Added to (Bravo Co. 2nd Rangers - 69.12.107.14) server with SIX_Misc (at least I think so) running evo 3.0.

Dumb question: Is it supposed to provide some feedback to show that it is working? Or do I have to try a hack to see that it kicks me?

Added to (Bravo Co. 2nd Rangers - 69.12.107.31) server with SIX_Misc (at least I think so) running evo 3.0.

Dumb question: Is it supposed to provide some feedback to show that it is working? Or do I have to try a hack to see that it kicks me?

It should provide feedback by displaying radio messages in the form of:

Quote[/b] ]ArmA Anti-Cheat: ...

It will display a message at the start of the mission and then regularly remind you that it is running. It will also tell you when someone has been kicked.

Remember though, the anti-cheat functions only work in missions in which they have been activated. Make sure the ARMAAC call line is in the init.sqf, or that you have it enabled as part of SIX_Pack.

ok, then it isnt working by just copying into addons folder. I got SIX_Misc installed and can tell that is working by the spam in my server.rpt file...what else could be wrong?

When you say I have to enable it as part of SIX_Misc, do you mean actively edit SIX_Misc somehow?

ok, then it isnt working by just copying into addons folder. I got SIX_Misc installed and can tell that is working by the spam in my server.rpt file...what else could be wrong?

When you say I have to enable it as part of SIX_Misc, do you mean actively edit SIX_Misc somehow?

I have reuploaded 6thSense.eu Pack1 as of this morning 08:30 CET. Please redownload it and take the updated SIX_Misc. Your problems should be gone. It can be possible that Initialization messages of ArmAAC arrive later, not around briefing but at mission start.