Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BlackCatSLO

Decoding mission.sqm to plain text

Recommended Posts

Hy there i have question,... how can i decode encoded mission.sqm to plain text so it can be oppened with arma editor....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mission.sqm is already plain text, you can open it with every text editor. If you want to edit a mission in the editor you must copy/move the unpacked folder which contains the mission to your Documents and settings\<userprofile>\ArmA\missions folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is the mission.sqm is not a plain text... i can not open it with mission editor. i tried to put that mission.sara folder in to mission folder but when i go to mission editor and load that mission nothing happendd, packet in pbo i can load and play.

i did open mission.sqm with notepad but its binary data. nothing plain as is have to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noted that most .sqm is in plain text, but KilJoy's evolution (a literal wealth of knowledge) is compiled to some degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you try to open a mission.sqm and it's all gobbly gook then that means the person who made the mission is trying either...

1.  trying to mask some nefarious activity

or

2.  making a limp effort to protect some scripting technique they are using in the mission.sqm that they 'think' no one else has thought of or will ever think of doing

or

3.  they are attempting to manage the version control of they're missions.

This is going to get a lot worse when the DSSignFile tool is released as well.

As a Server Admin I try to at least cast my eye of the contents of all missions prior to putting them on the server as many, many missions are not well constructed and are often lag monkey's in disguise... anyhoo, i've had my rant for the day.

The mission.sqm has been rapified, just un-rapify it to text format using either Unrap.exe (by Keygety's) or Eliteness v2.12 (by Mikero).

call the new file mission.cpp, delete the mission.sqm and rename the mission.cpp to mission.sqm or leave as mission.cpp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tnx, first i did try with unrap but unrap dont work with this. Eliteness is working in my problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a bit late but I feel some additions are in order for people who find these posts and need a bit more information.

 

1.  Make a backup copy of your mission.sqm file before making ANY CHANGES!

 

2.  If you have told the editor to 'BINARIZE Scenario File' (Attributes» General) then you won't be able to hand edit the file in you favorite text editor.  If you uncheck this setting and re-save then your mission file will now be in clear text and easily editable.

 

3.  Before you start making changes make a note of the number of items.  I have 5 listed here, your number will probably be different...

class AddonsMetaData
{
	class List
	{
		items=5;

... this is the number of required add-ons listed in your mission file.

 

4.  Next you will want to remove any unwanted items from the addons[] array.  I want to get rid of Whatever_addon_01 ...

 

BEFORE

addons[]=
{
	"A3_Air_F_Exp_VTOL_01",
	"A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01",
	"Whatever_addon_01",
	"A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01",
	"A3_Props_F_Exp_Military_Camps"
};

AFTER

addons[]=
{
	"A3_Air_F_Exp_VTOL_01",
	"A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01",
	"A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01",
	"A3_Props_F_Exp_Military_Camps"
};

5.  Next you will need to clear out the add-on's metadata...

 

BEFORE

class AddonsMetaData
{
	class List
	{
		items=5;
		class Item0
		{
			className="A3_Air_F_Exp";
			name="Arma 3 Apex - Aircrafts";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
		class Item1
		{
			className="A3_Air_F";
			name="Arma 3 Alpha - Aircrafts";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
		class Item2
		{
			className="Whatever_addon_01";
			name="Whatever Add-on - Scripted Modules";
			author="Whomever Created It";
			url="http://www.some address.com";
		};
		class Item3
		{
			className="A3_Soft_F";
			name="Arma 3 Alpha - Unarmored Land Vehicles";
            		author="Bohemia Interactive";
                    	url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
		class Item4
		{
			className="A3_Props_F_Exp";
			name="Arma 3 Apex - Decorative and Mission Objects";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
	};
};

AFTER

 

NOTE:  After removing item class Item2 I then renumbered the remaining classes.  Remember that this list is zero (0) based so it goes from 0 to 3 not 1 to 4.  Also remember to update the items= number to the total number of add-ons in your list.

class AddonsMetaData
{
	class List
	{
		items=4;
		class Item0
		{
			className="A3_Air_F_Exp";
			name="Arma 3 Apex - Aircrafts";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
		class Item1
		{
			className="A3_Air_F";
			name="Arma 3 Alpha - Aircrafts";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
		class Item2
		{
			className="A3_Soft_F";
			name="Arma 3 Alpha - Unarmored Land Vehicles";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
		class Item3
		{
			className="A3_Props_F_Exp";
			name="Arma 3 Apex - Decorative and Mission Objects";
			author="Bohemia Interactive";
			url="http://www.arma3.com";
		};
	};
};

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would've been better to put that information into a new thread instead of digging up a 9! year old thread, that consists mostly of outdated information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×