Sign in to follow this  
HawKs

Linux Dedicated server

They borrowed so many different "touches" from Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter that perhaps they are now trying to keep up with GRAW, for now we have GRAW 2, and here comes...ArmA 2...

I hope it doesnt work out that way..that they abandon ArmA 1, in favor of the latest, greatest pretty shiny object..ArmA 2..It does seem like there are "issues" still on the plate to be dealt with before we go jumping to ArmA 2.

I love these games, I've had many, many long hours playing OFP, but I'm very dissappointed in this ArmA 2 release...I feel a bit screwed over..Thank you for your $40 for ArmA 1, but here is the game we really meant to put out...that will be $60 this time, thank you...and could you please bend over..thank you...

I'm getting so disgusted with the whole thing, I don't even care if they put out a linux server anymore..who cares what we think...they wrote the software, but WE made the game what it has become..I'll just keep on playing the old, outdated, system resource hog, Operation Flashpoint..until I upgrade to a version of windows that wont let me play it anymore..and then I'll just have to play it on my old, outdated xbox...sniff..sniff..

Peace!

LodeRunner

well its such a pitty that for a game primarly made and "shine"

in MP the dedicated linux server comes last (or even not at all

what we pray will not happen)..

people who keep a mp game alive with 50 to hundreds of euros /

dollars a month expenses for a server ... with a game

and company hosting zero servers themselves ...

BIS mentioned that they would start working on a Linux dedicated server binary after the mod tools had been finished.

Where?

Good question. I can't find the interview, so it must have been wishful thinking.

well its such a pitty that for a game primarly made and "shine"

in MP the dedicated linux server comes last (or even not at all

what we pray will not happen)..

people who keep a mp game alive with 50 to hundreds of euros /

dollars a month expenses for a server ... with a game

and company hosting zero servers themselves ...

Probably better they didn't put them up. Might spend to much time resetting the servers from all the cheats and junk that happen. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Linux Server

Linux Server is in works for quite a long time now. We are getting very close to first closed beta testing stage.

Source

Excellent news.

Perhaps my server will actually be doing something useful soon then. smile_o.gif

That's great 'cause aren't a majority of game servers run off of Linux? Or was that more back in the day?

That's great 'cause aren't a majority of game servers run off of Linux? Or was that more back in the day?

They cost about $20 per month less, and will not have all the windows processes running in the back ground, which allows the game server/s to run a bit smoother.

Quote[/b] ]Linux Server

Linux Server is in works for quite a long time now. We are getting very close to first closed beta testing stage.

Source

* raises hand to apply for beta testing *

Raising too tounge2.gif
Quote[/b] ]and will not have all the windows processes running in the back ground, which allows the game server/s to run a bit smoother.

Depends on how it's writen.

Plus you can really slim the system down to nothing if you want to. So not always an issue with processes running. Preference if you ask me.