Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.4

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in v0.3 topic somewhere, but tihs most likely is config conflict/missing error you're having. Make sure you install VTE correctly (without other addons/configs) and you have no problems.

Quote[/b] ]But it seems the tortured texture problem of the player in first person still exists.

What do you mean by this, do you have a screenshot?

It's the custom face texture being mis-aligned, parts of it appear on the helmet and hands instead. Also the viet face textures have a face within a face.

Like This

Isn't the reason for this because its a Llauma face mapped onto a BIS face? When playing with standard VTE troops it shouldn't appear like that.

i dont get any us voices, nothing didnt test the charlie

great mod one of the best hope for some mp servers

You can activate the voices with the optional config. In the install look x_vte\Documents\Voices_config.txt file for details.

You can activate the voices with the optional config. In the install look x_vte\Documents\Voices_config.txt file for details.

tnx, apriciated

I installed this mod using the instsall guide, point by point, still get an error, whenever I start it I get this.

"Addon 'CoC_UnifiedArtillery' requires addon 'coc_networkservices2'"

I've searched and searched but cant for the love of god find this file, does anyone have it? Any help?

Please?confused_o.gif

You're using UA v1.1 while our setup requires v1.0 to be installed.

I'm having problems getting this mod to work on dedicated Linux server. Other mods work, and also it works on windows dedicated server. Server log reports this error:

No entry 'config.cpp.CfgWorlds'.

I'm guessing its looking for cfgworlds.cfg somewhere in a .pbo file that is non-existent?

Help would receive a big thanks!

Great mod!

The only serious problem I have with it is that the sound is stuttering, e.g. the first shot of a burst sounds OK, after that it's only clicking noises. Vehicle sounds, ditto. My PC is pretty antiquated (Athlon 1300, ATI 9500, ancient sound card), but I never had that problem with vanilla OPF. Any ideas?

Hey,

i love this mod but i was wondering which sky pack wouldnt harm this mod at all? i need a new one because the ofp skys suck huh.gif. So just post here the best one to use and tell me what to use to install it please. icon_rolleyes.gif .

Thanks!

Quote[/b] ]dedicated server. Server log reports this error: No entry 'config.cpp.CfgWorlds'.

Are you sure there is the VTE bin/config.cpp file present?

Quote[/b] ]the sound is stuttering, e.g. the first shot of a burst sounds OK, after that it's only clicking noises. Vehicle sounds, ditto. My PC is pretty antiquated (Athlon 1300, ATI 9500, ancient sound card)

No idea about that, it works flawless in my computer. Sorry.

Quote[/b] ]which sky pack wouldnt harm this mod at all?

Heh I dont think any of them harm a mod if installed properly smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the best one to use and tell me what to use to install it please

I think I use the llaumax sky. I install it by its install instructions, dont remember doing anything more specific than that.

Sorry to dig this up but does anyone know how to use the VTE effects without running the whole VTE mod?

I would like to use the nice fire and smoke effects while playing with other addons but I don't like running large mods if I'm not playing them.

If it's possible I'd like to have the required pbos and/or configs in their own addon folder so I can activate it independently of the whole VTE mod.

all links are down. Plz can someone reupload the extra addons?

I don't have the originals at hand here, I'd have to search through my dvd backups. However if you just want to get to play real fast, I can pack the addon dirs directly from my CWA mods dir and put somewhere for you to download?

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10633&newlang=eng

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/mods/x_vte_v0.4.rar

CoC Mines v1.0:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/COC_Mines.zip

CoC UA v1.0: (yes I'm well aware that v1.1 has been released).

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/coc_arty.rar

CoC Divers v1.0:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/CoC_diver_v1.0.zip

JAM 3: (any more mirrors?)

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM3_FIXED6.rar

USMC Markers/Symbols:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/USMCsymbols12.zip

Bn880 Tracers:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/BN_tracers1_24.zip

-------------------------

A tip for those that are having problems downloading from "dead" OFPr.info links.

Look at the link. If it says "www.ofpr.info" change this to "ftp.ofpr.info". For example:

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM3_FIXED6.rar

Becomes

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM3_FIXED6.rar

And it will work again.

NICE!!! Thanks JdB Now the links work, I have them all.

Snake Man Thanks is working now!

The legend, where it all begin. I have such good memories of those times and the people I modded VTE with...

Indeed, it's an excellent mod. Every aspect is top notch, but some of the islands are particularly amazing (Dak Seang, etc).

Simply running the two mods together should work. Put the WW4 mod as the last one in the -mod parameter so the game will prioritize it over VTE (-mod=x_vte;@ww4mod25), meaning that you'll be essentially playing WW4 mod with VTE assests. Although VTE mod has its own config, it's only for the custom menu as far as I know, so you don't really need to worry about it being replaced by WW4's.