Sign in to follow this  
CharlieBox

Multiplayer unplayable

Every server I get on...50ms (my ping) or less, and there are more than 5 people playing...brings the server to a crawl. Maybe it is evolution, or maybe it is just plain crazy code. But this game is totally unplayable multiplayer.

Anyone have any clues?

What specs do you have? Because every server I play on (with a ping of about 100 or lower) is very playable for me (for the most part, occasionally it'll bog down some but not to the point where its unplayable).

*Playable = avg fps of 25+

Have you ever been on our server? and are you sure its the server crawling?

great servers, my favorit actually never had problems apart from my game restarting 20 min into an online game banghead.gif

lots of peeps have this problem so hopefully it will get fixed somehow..hopefully

confused_o.gif

I've played on a private server with about 30-35 people (no AI btw), where many had pings around 100-150 (I myself was hovering around 140). The game was still 100% playable. It seems to be largely down to how well the server has been configured.

If you can get in touch with an admin, get them to do a #monitor command. If the server frame rate is low, perhaps it's because so many cities have been 'woken up'.

Evolution (in its current state) is written so that towns are empty (except for AA) until a player comes within a hundred or so meters of the gray circle on the map denoting that the city is held by enemies. In a larger server, sometimes players split up and pursue several cities at once, which means that more AI is spawned at once, which can bring server fps way down. On our server, we try to coordinate all players to attack one city at a time, all together. At the same time, make sure people don't go screaming around in harriers waking up the whole map while you're fighting in a city.

Fortunately, as the last friendly unit --including friendly AI-- leaves a city, the AI all de-spawn.

I think I have same or similar problem.

I figured out that ,

it was hard to connect in my counrtry's server.

(Has a low ping under50.)

I can connect and play other countrys server.

or has over 100over ping.

This maby caused by the ping...not a country issue.

My Topic: Connection Problem, CANT CONNECT SERVER IN MY COUNTRY!

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64583

I have been experimenting with many different server.cfg's and so far, I havent been able to get the server to behave when more than 5 or 6 ppl are playing. Bogs down and Desync spikes to 100000 for everyone. I had the host move my server to a completely different machine and things improved 2x but it is still no where near capable of hosting the 20 players advertized.

I am convinced that this is happening due to a combination of mission (evo 3.0) and less than optimal server hw specs.

When my subscription runs out, I will be moving my server to a different host with top notch HW.

great servers, my favorit actually never had problems apart from my game restarting 20 min into an online game  

lots of peeps have this problem so hopefully it will get fixed somehow..hopefully

Thats to do with your computer not the game, or eveyones would disconnect after 20 mins.

Many people have that problem, though.

The solution is to reset vram every 15 minutes. Do this by:

hold left shift an '-' numpad key, then type in "flush" and press enter. The screen goes black a second and then shows the game again if successfull. I haven't crashed since I started doing this.

I have 2*nvidia geforce 7600gt SLI.