Sign in to follow this  
ConanOfOz

Is there a limit to Script Size

I have a fairly large script, about 13.5Kb.  It is mostly comments (about 75%) since I'm tackling a "new" issue, and I need to explain my logic approach as well as the functionality of the code.

The script does a few simple variable intializations, then gets into the nitty gritty beginning with #Start.  I've added debugging tags, such as Player SideChat "Now running IterateICU" so I know if the code is entering certain portions or not.

At the end of the code there is a Goto "Start".  Immediately after #Start, I have a debug telltale, and immediately before Goto "Start" I have another debug telltale.

From the messages on screen, I know that the script passes #Start, and gets to the line immediately prior to Goto "Start", yet it does not then (again) print the debug telltale which follows #Start, as surely it must!?

So, I'm wondering if there is a limit to the size of the script file, or does anyone have a suggestion?

I'm happy to post the script, but it really is big, what with all the comments it contains.

I dont think theres a limit. Ive never tried it though. My max is 11kb. I now however that Planet of War have huge scripts, and they seem to handle well.

With 90% probability you have an error in the code.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Feb. 18 2002,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please check this topic.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that's my problem.

Relating to my question about Comments appended to a script line, I had to go through my script and move my comments. the easiest way to do this was go to the semicolon and hit <Enter>...

...and of course I got left with "#Start "

Thanks for the help on this one biggrin.gif