Sign in to follow this  
Synide

Description.ext & configs

Hi,

So I'm looking through the missions.pbo that came with v1.08 and I notice a few things.

1. There's a config in the only mission inside this pbo (armory1.intro) and this brings me back to a few months ago thinking can we make use of a  config in a MP mission.

Well, I'm looking into that, but if you feel disposed to investigating as well, that would be nice.

2. In the description.ext there's a couple of commands and I haven't seen before.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> '_ _EXEC'

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> '_ _EVAL'

Note. the bit in front of exec and eval is double-underscore but the forum software removes it when posting this.

So, has anyone seen these before and can shed some more light on when & where they maybe used?

3. In the description.ext the BIS guys are overiding the playerKilledScript parameter from the ui.pbo>config.

Which, begs the question... can the following also be overidden...

scriptsPath, cameraScript, playerRespawnScript, playerRespawnOtherUnitScript, playerRespawnSeagullScript, playerResurrectScript, teamSwitchScript etc.

I'm looking into this also, but again, if anyone also feels the desire....

Cheers.