Sign in to follow this  
Lawman1965

Alt F4

I know that in windows pressing Alt and F4 at the same time shuts down a program - ArmA is no different.

Could the dev team add a 'Are You Sure You Wish To Exit' dialogue box if they are pressed accidentally - I have the Alt key set to the default of free look and today I was using it to look around and I pressed F4 to find Number 4. As you may guess the damn game shut down. I'd been playing my own Evolution server for 3 days and was getting ready to clear Ortego when I made the stupid mistake banghead.gif.

Please, please, please add the dialogue for idiots like me.

Rich

If the DEVs are gonna add a confirmation for quiting the game, then i would like it to be optional, because i don't like the idea of any additional clicking when i want to shutdown ArmA - when i am testing something, i want to be able to shutdown ArmA as quickly as possible without any hindering.

You could set Alt to toggle free look instead of having to hold it down. That way you shouldn't ever press that key combo again. Or just set it to another key.

PLEEEASE dont remove ALT-F4 functionality of an "easy exit"

i love every game that lets you quit so easily, remember all the games where you have to click through 10 menus to get out of it

who wants to have a confirmation box, i mean, come on: you dont press alt-f4 accidentally...

Heh, I remember one time I did that and screwed a bunch of people up. I was playing diablo 2, 8 player hell difficulty act 4 with me as the host. I was pressing alt to highlight the items on the ground and pressed f4 to switch to whatever spell I had kept there. Everyone was pissed wink_o.gif.

Similar thing I do far too often:

Whilst flying... holding alt to freelook... ooo a red square... <TAB> to target the blighter.... Yay, I love my desktop wallpaper!

I know, I know... let go of alt first. Sometimes it's the last thing I'd be thinking about, especially while trying to destroy enemy armor without being shot out of my seat.

Anyone want to donate to my "I'm an idiot and need a TrackIR" fund? smile_o.gif I have paypal.

I always use Alt-F4 to exit arma its a great feature to quickly shut it down fast.

Alt-Tab happened a few times for me. I just hit the keys as intended (and the only way per default). Free Look in Aircraft + "Aha! There's a rusty metal box" + next target. Leads to a plane/chopper crash. The least thing I could expect in my position.

Alt-Tab happened a few times for me. I just hit the keys as intended (and the only way per default). Free Look in Aircraft + "Aha! There's a rusty metal box" + next target. Leads to a plane/chopper crash. The least thing I could expect in my position.

Same here, though I was lucky to have my Cobra drifting straight in the air after a minute of loading the cache to get back.

Try dWinLock.

The small, free, apparently unlimited demo version can temporarily disable:

- Alt-Tab

- Alt-F4

- Alt-Esc

- Alt-Return

- Windows key

- Ctrl-Alt-Del

etc, etc, etc smile_o.gif

Yeah alt-tabbing constantly when flying. Best part was that I waited 30mins to get into a coop game, and once the game restarted (some air coop with helos and planes only) took an a-10, with a smile on my face, took off, looked around to see where im at, and targeted a tank... 1 min later when I got back in the game the a-10 had crashed into ocean banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I believe if you double alt like double click it will be a toggle. then u have to double alt again to toggle it off. Seems to solve the issues if you just use that.

It could, but to get used to it, and remember to use it would take like 6 moths for me.

It could, but to get used to it, and remember to use it would take like 6 moths for me.

Why in the world didn't you just change the control scheme? wow_o.gif

Edit:

Ohh, I thought you where talking past tense there. Well, then just change the control scheme wink_o.gif. Personally, I've never used defaults since god knows when. I have a fundamental flaw of some sort that makes me want my control scheme to be the same in every game, or at least as close as possible.

Numpad 8, 6, 4, 2 is always movement. Enter is always run. 0 is jump, period is reload, etc. No matter what game I'm playing. It's easy enough to start with the basics and work your way out from there.

didn't want to do all that hassle, but I've changed some keys, but dont remember, what they are now... I quess I could remeber the freelook button(as u see my memory is very poor)

I doubt they'll revisit Armed assault at this point, just to put in an error message. Did you mistake this for the A3 section?