Sign in to follow this  

What conflict would you like to see in OFP2?

I choose "Present Day Scenario" BTW smile.gif

Yeha I would quite like a present day scenario. Which involves NATO as side vs. some former Soviet county, which just happens to be well armed.

I chose cold war, but I would also like to see all the above made into addons and mods for OFP or as OFP2+. It would be neat to have a WWI tank in OFP, a museum peace that the resistance commandeers to fight the red menace. It would also be cool to have firearms from other time periods to arm civilians and resistance.

I chose present day scenario. I like the Land Warrior system the U.S. is using. I like ACOG mounted M16s etc. If we could see conflicts in more interesting terrain types would be cool too.

I choose present day scenario. I don't like old technology. I want present day military technology.

Personaly, A Present day scenario would be the best thing for this game. Maybe NATO vs China? or NATO vs modern day Russia? Heck, How about a theoretical NATO vs Russia AND China?

Now that would be one heck of a war! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck2 @ Feb. 18 2002,04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personaly, A Present day scenario would be the best thing for this game. Maybe NATO vs China? or NATO vs modern day Russia? Heck, How about a theoretical NATO vs Russia AND China?

Now that would be one heck of a war!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, russia and america are the best for military. best tanks, choppers, weapons.

Germany, china or GB would be nice too but that's just too much work. I prefer Russia and America.

Maybe they should have a scenario based in southern china/Taiwan strait.

It would go like this: Taiwan declares independance, China invades, America and whoever intervenes, North Korea and Russia back up China

Or maybe that would be a bit too much.......

to be honest, present day scenario, without any realism would be great.

The reason why this game seemed ok was that it talked about 1985, 16 yrs ago, and a imaginary scenario.

If we place too realistic current conflict, it might offend someone. War is not nice(yes, we all know who said it). For us, it's just a game, but for people who went through such trauma, reliving the experience would be difficult, let alone someone else make a game of it. When you see blood splatter after someone snipes your teammate, although it's just a game, this could translate differently to person who sees it, the one who had to tremble in fear as sounds of bullets firing and hissing was heard inches from him/her, knowing that death could be around the corner.

Think of this reason. After Vietnam, nobody in US gov;t talked thoroughly about it. not on the cause of their loss, who is to blame, etc. It was so traumatic that many vets felt anger towards the gov't, and that translated into Rocky(movie, only the first one). The only reason that we now have ability to talk about Nam is that it's been 20+yrs since it ended. Now, the trauma is swept off, and we are able to, piece by piece, talk about it.

But current conflict is not something that will easily wear out.

can you see that I'm drunk again? biggrin.gif

I'd like to see a modern conflict. Maybe some conflict with Iraq, Iran, or North Korea. Perhaps even a revisitation to Somalia, Afghanistan, or Beirut. What I would like to see most though is an OFP2 that builds itself around MP. wink.gif

Present day conflict with a focus on smaller forces. Like a Marine Recon Unit, or Rangers and there still of quick hitting missions such as airport takeovers, etc..

Also having more complicated rules of engagement. ie start off in a 'peace' setting where firing too quickly can spiral the confict out of control. And having neutral noncombatents as well.

I would never want to see a WWI game. I can see it now: I start the mission in my trench, keeping my head down I try to move around the 10000 other men around me when I see a cloud of musturd gas streaming towards me. I despratly try to run away, but there are too many men and the ground is too muddy. I die a horrible death. Now that's action.

COLINMAN

With the current state of OFP u should probably think about some conflict on the island,

Taiwan would be a perfect place for that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Feb. 18 2002,11:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With the current state of OFP u should probably think about some conflict on the island,

Taiwan would be a perfect place for that<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, OFP is all about islands, and that's fine by me as long as I don't meet up with these invisible walls.

A fictional conflict on Taiwan would be very cool indeed smile.gif

One thing that will make this all possible is the ability to create vehicle and building models that are appropriate for the different scenarios. Once Oxygen and Visitor are out, I expect to see some really creative terrains, mods and addons put out by the player community. At that point, it will be an easy job for the mission makers to create missions and campaigns related to all sorts of conflicts.

But be prepared to see alot of crappy islands too confused.gif

Just like the user-made missions... not often I see a mission that knocks my socks off wink.gif

If only we had an official server/site that contained all user made missions/campaigns/islands/addons/scripts with the possibility to rate all of them. I know there are a lot of sites out there that try to beat each other in having the best missions and campaigns etc but that's just not the way to go. User created missions that have high ratings should end up being put in packs and made downloadable and be BIS approved of.

Rating a mission should be as selecting a rating after you played the mission in ofp itself. Now you have to go back to the site where you downloaded it from which is too much of a hastle.

Something like that.

I hate the fact that I need to download one mission at a time. I want missionpacks!, BIS approved addons and campaigns.

rah! smile.gif

I should stop here, I'm starting to rant...

Present Day scenarios with current combat tech ala the U.S. Land Warrior system, but done right. I see there is a new addon called "Resistance" coming for FP. It will sport hi rez textures this time around. I would love a FP2 to have hi rez texture support.

I voted for the snd WW, these days you don't have to do any trouble to kill someone, you just stick your weapon out of a bush and let the helmet-cam. do the rest, the snd WW is amazing IMO, the planes, the weapons...everything! IMHO, IMHO confused.gif

Nah I would like a present day scenario. And don't we sort of have a Cold War scenario confused.gif

I would like to see the Falklands war.

It would be good for this type of game becuase there wasnt much armour on the islands and it wouldnt be as polisticaly hot as making present conflicts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck2 @ Feb. 17 2002,05:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personaly, A Present day scenario would be the best thing for this game. Maybe NATO vs China? or NATO vs modern day Russia? Heck, How about a theoretical NATO vs Russia AND China?

Now that would be one heck of a war!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Want good conflicts? try TAW how about Russia and US vs China and England (all caused by Oil or something.)

Story is: China discovers Oil resources and starts to fund anthrax and all other types of biological goo.

Then they test it at nearby Russian residents.

Us sees a threat if China sells this to terrorists and attacks China together with Russia.

England sees an oppertunety to gain some of the British Empire back and joins the war.

Set it over country make changing allies and then we have a real war.

Random nations get involved due to Strike flights flies over JApanese territory or something

I don't really think war is all that easy today. I mean even land warrior still isn't that common and is only used by few selected units in the army.

I don't think the U.S.M.C is currently using it yet. A majority of soldiers are still aiming just with their eyes. I think they should make an addon that really makes use of "spec op" units.

I mean they have special forces units in Op Flashpoint. But you don't really use any "spec op" tactics. I mean you control them just like a normal infantry unit, only just on a smaller scale.