Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Remote Admin

Is there a way to remotely kick, ban people on a dedicated server when not in game? If this is not possible it should definitely be a new feature.

I don't think its possible as yet(I may be wrong), but one of the users on this forum is working on a way to do this through Telnet I believe.

I am still working on the tool, but my time is very very limited now. Have a new baby due today or tomorrow. Once I am thru all this baby stuff i will be working on getting it released.

any updates on this badly needed tool ?

I would be more than happy to beta it for you on my servers.

To be honest I have only started playing with it again. I know i suck, but I have been so busy / tired with a new born my days are nights and nights days then i work and I deal with hospitals. That makes it even worse. laugh.

But on a bright side, i started working on the application again last night. So give me a bit, Im getting my rear in gear again. hey that rhymed. laugh

if you have Desktop to the server you can ban remote

check the server log i beleave it spits out IP's too

along with a good fire wall prog you can eliminate who ever ya like

we use it a lot in OFP and most all of those same people stay banned in ArmA now

welcome.gif

Yeah, i don't think the server log gives out the ip's. Kinda sucks. Been testing the app on beer drinkers server of late. Was amazed how little cheating there was today. Kinda sad too as i wanted to catch someone. Grin..

The Net.log does capture the IP address.

Probably a noobish question, but where can I find that?

Do you mean the -netlog command?

huh.gif

-netlog use to spit em out in ofp for arma it does not do it anymore i have not tryed sence 1.06

ok -netlog does record ips.

so to ban remotely is realy easy hahah

Make sure you have logfile= in youre server.cfg

with -netlog it makes timestamps for conections ips.

with logfile= in server.cfg it also makes timestamps.

unfortantly you have to copy the logfile and netlog over to someplace becuse you can not acess it while the game is open.

open both file ups serch for the evil player in the server console logfile find the timestamp then go to netlog file and serch for the timestanp thare bam ip in hand now go to youre firewall and ban!

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gifpistols.gif @ TKC

Ahhh, then we will just abuse the file writes to it and make our own logs. ROFL.

Quote[/b] ]unfortantly you have to copy the logfile and netlog over to someplace becuse you can not acess it while the game is open.

open both file ups serch for the evil player in the server console logfile find the timestamp then go to netlog file and serch for the timestanp thare bam ip in hand now go to youre firewall and ban!

You can view both these files view server is running. I use them a lot. You can also open and add Id's to the ban.txt file without stopping the server

Quote[/b] ]-netlog use to spit em out in ofp for arma it does not do it anymore i have not tryed sence 1.06

The -netlog command does record IP'S. Simply search for the players name and u will have their IP revealed

Code shown below

123418.196: Pe(1):ask(121.45.204.36:2504,'playersname,301395046,301395046,7,4)

123418.196: Ch(146):open(203.206.95.21:2502 <-> 121.45.204.36:2504)

123418.197: Ch(146):acc(121.45.204.36:2504,'playersname',301395046,301395046)

123418.197: Ch(146):sInst(3.00,6.00,1.00,0.00,12)

After quite a bit of thinking about this matter. I came to a conclusion last night that I will prolly never finish this program. To many reasons to list but mostly because it is worthless. I have lost so much interest in Arma of late due to the fact that our systems are open to being crashed and the fact we cannot block even the simplest of cheats.

If at some point i get really bored or something comes down the line in a patch i might re-consider it but really what i was doing should be done by the game. Not some external program that modifies the server's memory space or hijacking a routine in the program.

Sorryto hear that, but I guess your decission is the right one sad_o.gif

Anyway, at least thanks for trying to make a remote admin for all server hosters thumbs-up.gif

did you put this matter in the buglist and pm Suma himself?

BI doesnt get that much info from the outside world (like this forum).

they cant browse the forums all day smile_o.gif

so better send him a pm about this/other pressing issues!

did you put this matter in the buglist and pm Suma himself?

BI doesnt get that much info from the outside world (like this forum).

they cant browse the forums all day smile_o.gif

so better send him a pm about this/other pressing issues!

I guess I can. I have just grown so tired of all the cheating. If we submit bugs can some of them be hidden?

Don't become despondent over a minority of "bad seeds". confused_o.gif

first : i was working on a python tool that parses the netlog files. i have a proof of concept., but its far from finished.

also, i could build in some config changes thru that python tool, together with a sort of telnet access.

pro's : python runs also on linux smile_o.gif

con's : im not fast with coding, i have more stuff to attend to

now, about NUTTY's story.

i am trying to get attention of bis towards this subjects, but stuff seems to be slow as a snail. im doing the best i can

first : i was working on a python tool that parses the netlog files. i have a proof of concept., but its far from finished.

also, i could build in some config changes thru that python tool, together with a sort of telnet access.

pro's : python runs also on linux smile_o.gif

con's : im not fast with coding, i have more stuff to attend to

now, about NUTTY's story.

i am trying to get attention of bis towards this subjects, but stuff seems to be slow as a snail. im doing the best i can

Jerry,

I sent some of the stuff we talked about yesterday to Suma. It might help, who knows. Honestly we are sol until we get something extra to help us out.

there are cheat free Zones just gotta know where to look or who to ask biggrin_o.gif

To add to this post I have put up a change request on the BIS wiki, I also have a similar thread asking for a hook of some sort to interact with the dedicated server:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....zerhans

I Firmly believe Arma would benefit immensely from this. Those kind of hooks would allow admins to follow a game from something like a webtool. We could weed out rotten apples, if not all, at least a decent percentage.

Alas, I have seen no response or follow up based on the request from any BIS official.

update:

i havent had ANY confirmation that BIS at least looked at it.

panzerHanz : you should check DSTS v2 it has remote admin options.