Sign in to follow this  
blakord

New M107 ammo

Hi, since the path 1.8 the sniper rifle M107 magazine is using tracer ammo, I think the snipers rifles and tracer ammo is so antagonistic, now the M107 rifles is useless in multiplayer games

Question, is any new no tracer magazine added for M107 rifle in this version 1.8?? if its true pls tell me the name, the BIS Wiki don't have any new post with new magazines

Thanks

I think having tracer ammo even in sniper rifles is not as unrealisitic as you may take it at the first consideration.

Since ArmA is a game its sometimes an other impression then in reality. thus it will be hard to tell where to shot came from in the game. in reality locating the source of a shot is less dificult than you exspect.

so the tracer ammo compensates this effect some sort of..

Quote[/b] ] in reality locating the source of a shot is less dificult than you exspect.

Yes, ManDay - especially one shot from sniper!! rofl.gif

There's no other ammo than default in Arma. In RL M107 can fire a

MK 211 Mod 0 ammo, M20 ,M17 (tracer used in arma), M8, M1A1 (blank), M1 and many other. It's easy to recreate many of this ammo in Arma wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] in reality locating the source of a shot is less dificult than you exspect.

Yes, ManDay - especially one shot from sniper!! rofl.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif yes - you'r so funny btw. rofl.gif

I didn't say it's easy but its easier than _you_ exspect.

The tracers in the game do not nessesarily reveal the exact position of the player either. They just give a rough +-10° hint where the shot came from.

In reality you get the same information by the sound you hear. It's very loud and clearly to identify in flat terrain.

Furthermore "snipers" in ArmA are no "Snipers"- they are only soldiers with a long range weapon. Since ArmA is a game there is nothing "sniperish" about it.

Unless it's really a sniper who made the approach and the shot- but rather some layman-hobby-sniper even you (if you believe it or not) were able to detect its exact position when he is within 100-150 meters.

when he is afar you will not know where he is but you will be able to tell where he roughly shot from.

this is why I think the tracer effect compensates the effect of sound and moving plants somehow

PS: if you want to be discussed with you next time answer in a more decent manner or this has been the last time i replied to you.

@Manday

Your "real" sniper range is within 100-150m???

No I won't say anything more only - you are not sophisticated with such things.

It would be nice to see different "no tracers mag" for sniper rifles made by BIS! wink_o.gif

@Manday

Your "real" sniper range is within 100-150m???

No I won't say anything more only - you are not sophisticated with such things.

It would be nice to see different "no tracers mag" for sniper rifles made by BIS! wink_o.gif

You are totally insolent. I will not argue with you anymore since you seem to be absolutly arrogant and incorrigible.

Just to leave you with a last impression: Did you ever shoot one of those "sniper rifles" farther than 700 meters in ArmA? (I don't think so, kid.) Now launch what rubbish you want. I will not answer your ridiculousnesses any more.

PS: Since you didn't even understood the actual intent of what I said before I doubt that you will be able to apprehend what I meant by what I said just now... No matter, your not worth it wink_o.gif

Snipers do not use tracer ammo, period.

I guarantee you that you will not be able to determine the direction of a shot IRL that easy. In urban areas it´s almost impossible and in open terrain I´d say you have a corridor of 30° to 45° if you are aware and up to 90° if you are not aware that someone will shoot at you. Nature does influence the sound alot so there is no real comparable situation IRL, same goes for the distances covered with sniper rifles, the longer the way the more the sound will spread, get reflected, muffled, etc.

Quote[/b] ]when he is within 100-150 meters.

cough

Quote[/b] ]"snipers" in ArmA are no "Snipers"

Aha. Only because they don´t wear guillies ?

You´ve taken this discussion to an absurd level ManDay.

> Snipers do not use tracer ammo, period.

And rocketlaunchers have backblast and can hardy be fired in tiny rooms, period.

> I guarantee you that you will not be able to determine the direction of a shot IRL that easy.

Oh. So you guarantee that? Well, then it has to be true. By the way I said "flat terrain". If you want to put words into my mouth like "noRailgunner" did, go on - but don't exspect me to take your talk serious then.

> cough

What's the problem - further things you want to impute? Where did I say that 100-150 meters is a normal range for a sniper?

> Aha. Only because they don´t wear guillies ?

No. That is just one reason. But the main reason is that they just don't behave like snipers.

ArmA is a game that doesnt even come close to reality (at least not atm and not with the way it is played), period. You may keep telling that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about but it doesnt matter.

I'll going to leave you the last word anyway since this is turning into flame which will surely not be tolerated.

The player behaves like sniper if he behaves like sniper. I see what you're getting at about not having the same awareness in game, but I doubt there would be many situations in real life where you could tell where a sniper shot from, other than basic compass points.

And just because BIS omitted realistic aspects of rocket launchers, I don't see why they should add tracers to sniper rifles. Especially heavy duty rifles like the M107.

The m107 uses "B_127x99_Ball_noTracer" ammo in its magazines as detailed in the wiki.

It has no other magazine type configured in its config entry.

Planck

If the M107 fires a tracer round then I'm going to have to definitely side on the "this is wrong" camp.

Sorry, I dont agree with severals points, the first ally of snipers is the hidde skill, I usually finish all mission with 0 deads 0 dead, I have written a good guide showing how do, sorry not in english sad_o.gif, but now with tracer ammo of M107 is not possible stay hidden using this rifle for this now this wapond is full unrealisitic

in reality locating the source of a shot is less dificult than you exspect.

check it out smile_o.gif

Just to leave you with a last impression: Did you ever shoot one of those "sniper rifles" farther than 700 meters in ArmA?

Really yes, my minimal distance with M107 is the same optimal distance 500 Mts, I never shot nearer this, I usually shot at 500<-->1000 Mts, at maximum distance Im out of infantry range, but not of enemy "good" snipers and armored range, with tracers ammo I get detected and shooted very soon, I can't use the M107 for kill 1 or 4 enemy before die, this is not a good sniper work.

For shot at 200Mts I really prefer assault weapon with small scope like the M4 confused_o.gif

The m107 uses "B_127x99_Ball_noTracer" ammo in its magazines as detailed in the wiki.

It has no other magazine type configured in its config entry.

Planck

Bis wiki is geting obsolete, the M107 was using no tracer before 1.8 and some others sniper rifles was using tracer ammo, since the version 1.8 all snipers ammo with trace has been removed, now all are using no tracer ammo except the M107 for this weapon the no tracer ammo has been removed and now is using only ammo with tracer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Conclusion> Codemaster must remove tracer ammo of the M107 too, is like use tracer ammo on silenced weapons it is ridiculous, I think this was an error of path 1.8, maybe they can use both ammo type, and ever one can use tracer ammo for training or the dev of mission can chose out the appropriate ammo for their mission, but now the best sniper weapon of the game is unrealisitic and totally useless on Arma multiplayer, now only people using this for kill 4 enemy before dead can use it, but this is not the real rol of this unit on the map, and all soviet snipers rifles are using not tracers ammo

It was enough bad with not being able adjust the scope, problem that affects the American weapons only, the Russian snipers rifles has their calculate system using references marks in the scope

Maybe I wasn't clear with my first post?

The m107 still does NOT use tracer ammo, not even in 1.08.

Extracts from the config for m107 (1.08 version):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class 10Rnd_127x99_m107: CA_Magazine

{

scope = 2;

displayName = "$STR_MN_10RND_M107";

ammo = "B_127x99_Ball_noTracer";

count = 10;

initSpeed = 850;

picture = "\CA\weapons3\data\M_107_CA.paa";

};

AND

class m107: Rifle

{

scope = 2;

type = 5;

model = "\ca\weapons3\m107\m107";

picture = "\CA\weapons3\data\W_m107_CA.paa";

UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_sniper_CA.paa";

magazines[] = {"10Rnd_127x99_m107"};

So, once again I say......the m107 does not use tracers.

Maybe you have 3rd party addons that are affecting your game in an unexpected way.

Planck

Conclusion> Codemaster must remove tracer ammo of the M107 too, is like use tracer ammo on silenced weapons it is ridiculous,

Hehe, good luck with that.

Maybe I wasn't clear with my first post?

The m107 still does NOT use tracer ammo, not even in 1.08.

Extracts from the config for m107 (1.08 version):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class 10Rnd_127x99_m107: CA_Magazine

{

scope = 2;

displayName = "$STR_MN_10RND_M107";

ammo = "B_127x99_Ball_noTracer";

count = 10;

initSpeed = 850;

picture = "\CA\weapons3\data\M_107_CA.paa";

};

AND

class m107: Rifle

{

scope = 2;

type = 5;

model = "\ca\weapons3\m107\m107";

picture = "\CA\weapons3\data\W_m107_CA.paa";

UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_sniper_CA.paa";

magazines[] = {"10Rnd_127x99_m107"};

So, once again I say......the m107 does not use tracers.

Maybe you have 3rd party addons that are affecting your game in an unexpected way.

Planck

class B_127x99_Ball_noTracer : B_127x99_Ball {

visibleFire = 20; // how much is visible when this weapon is fired

audibleFire = 22;

visibleFireTime = 3; // how long is it visible

};

class B_127x99_Ball : BulletBase {

hit = 26;

indirectHit = 3;

indirectHitRange = 0.01;

visibleFire = 22; // how much is visible when this weapon is fired

audibleFire = 22;

visibleFireTime = 3; // how long is it visible

cost = 20;

airLock = true;

tracerColor[] = {0.8, 0.1, 0.1, 0.04};

tracerColorR[] = {0.8, 0.1, 0.1, 0.04};

Just because the ammo is called no-tracer doesn't make it so. Old M107 no-tracer ammo had it's own clear defined color.

Ah, my mistake, I see the notracer ammo has lost its tracercolor definitions in the main weapons config.

I was checking the wrong entry....class B_762x54_noTracer whistle.gif

Planck

Makes no difference anyway. You could load up an M107 with phosperhous ball rounds anyway if you wanted to. All you need in Arma is the option to load up with the type of round you prefer. Or combinations of both maybe.

When I was in service, every 5th round in my magazine was a tracer to help aquisition of targets for my squad mates. This is a normal L85 rifle im talking about now.

And what about aquistion rounds in the LAW? That would be pretty cool.

Conclusion> Codemaster must remove tracer ammo of the M107 too, is like use tracer ammo on silenced weapons it is ridiculous,

Hehe, good luck with that.

No crying smilie sad_o.gif