Sign in to follow this  
zombie1

Same CD key error

I just upgraded my pc and i can play arma now. I installed it with the disk my brother bought, and patched it's patched to 1.05. When we try to play over LAN, it gives the CD key error. I even switch off the net and we still get it... Anyone know why, or how we can play LAN without having to buy 2 copies? crazy_o.gif

Hi,

Sorry but your not allowed in this game to play using the same cd key (as far as i know)  sad_o.gif

I brought it thinking that I would be able to also, ended up paying an extra $90 NZD's for another copy and it was worth every cent. It pays to search the forum to check now days as this is the same with lots of other games (like NWN ect)

After i found out I searched and found a thread about it, so we can only blame ourselves smile_o.gif

Hope this helps..

Thx for the info. I guess i'll try finding an english serial key on the net, because right now, i cant afford to buy another copy. tounge2.gif

Or you can just NOT try to play the game at all until you legitimately get ArmA

Haha I'm not buying the game twice JUST to play LAN with my brother. wink_o.gif

Haha I'm not buying the game twice JUST to play LAN with my brother. wink_o.gif

Then you're nothing but a disgusting software thief.

If you had any morals whatsoever, you'd buy the game.

why buy 1, when for twice the price you can have TWO!

get a second legitimate copy.

Ridiculous response KJAM. I was young once and my bro and I used to have this same problem. We used to have to beg OPF admins not to kick us for joining servers with same user id, which they usually didnt to be fair (gives you hope that most people are capable of being reasonable smile_o.gif )

Anyone that seriously expects two brothers still living at home to buy two copies of every computer game is living in cloud cuckoo land. To label someone a 'disgusting software thief' for being honest about this says far more about your own simplistic mentality than it does about them.

Later, when you're both earning, that's different, but when you have little money and share everything else (clothes, Cds, DVDs etc), believe me you simply will not buy two copies of any game and it has nothing to do with your 'morals' whatsoever icon_rolleyes.gif

Mandrake5, I think you're being quite biased.

Its simple, two people should not share a game, unless that game is installed on only one computer. To do anything otherwise IS Software Pirating.

If you can't afford the game, you simply do without.

Then again, my old fashioned ideals of honesty may not be in style these days.

not only that, but what he admitted that he will do, is against the rules of this forum.

Yes, but 'rules' and 'morals' are entirely different things. It's important to realise that...

Yes I know that, and I know good and bad morals and the difference also.

Talks about piracy of Arma and debating such issues is a strict no-no here.

You want to play it, buy it.

KJAM, me and my brother already CAN play Arma with one disk. We just can't do LAN with one cd key! That's what i think it's silly to pay another $80 JUST so we can play 30mins or so of LAN a day. whistle.gif

Then don't play LAN then. Since it is JUST 30 minutes a day.

IF you want to play LAN, you should do what others do, use one ArmA game and one ArmA CD Key per computer

Make that 1hr, and I would rather play LAN, it is more fun...

EDIT: BTW, me and my bro split the money (40/40) to buy arma, so i am not getting another copy.

So you´re saying you are already using a pirated copy to run on the second comp ?

Congratulations.

Looks like you´re after a PR or ban really badly.

Well, its JUST an hour then isn't it it isn't all that long, and if, it is more fun as you say, surely it'd be worth getting another legit copy of the game

No, I have better things to spend my money on.

Then don't bitch about not being able to play LAN, especially on the main boards.

You don't pay, don't play its as simple as that find something else to spend that 1 hour doing. You won't find any help on here for you.

I split the frikkin money 40/40! And you're the one who lead the topic to this conversation.

I split the frikkin money 40/40! And you're the one who lead the topic to this conversation.

That's no defence at all. It's like saying the same family should share a household automobile. Please! If you want to drive, buy your own car. That's absolutely ridicilous! Why, it's automobile piracy!

Also, don't share clothes. See, when they make the sizes, it's meant to fit your body only. If you share it with someone else, then it becomes clothing piracy...and while that's not yet illegal, it is immoral. Think about those 'Made in China' pantalones you are wearing - by sharing it, you are only depriving a Chinese manufacturer of their legitamite profits.

You moralless heifer!

Abs

You each paid half the money for ONE Game, that does not entitle you to be able to use the game as two seperate ones.

Thats like saying you both payign half for a car entitles you to a free one

So you're saying if my dad buys a car, he can't share it with my mum? My mum has to buy her own car to drive one? That's bull****. And guess what, with my "illegal" serial (but legal disc), I can play LAN now, and it works... smile_o.gif

So you're saying if my dad buys a car, he can't share it with my mum? My mum has to buy her own car to drive one? That's bull****. And guess what, with my "illegal" serial (but legal disc), I can play LAN now, and it works... smile_o.gif

No, but if your dad owns a car and it is insured under his name only, then he can't share it, legally.

And Goodbye, you have been reported to a moderator.

My dad's TWO cars are insured. And why are you making such a big deal over a game?? You should get a life!