Sign in to follow this  
Konyak-2

AI dropping LGB´s

Hi, Just a quick one. What is the command that I can put in an init line so that the AI of an A-10 LGB will drop his bomb or bombs at a certain waypoint or trigger?

Thank you very mush,

Konyak

Not sure, I think they only drop there bombs when given an order by their leader to 'target laser'. Their leader has to have a laser designator, or the OH-58. Even then the leader has to be player controlled. I don't know how to get AI to target stuff with laser designators.

The target command is given thru the comms menus.

I knew that the AI is incapable of designating targets with the targeting systems provided, but I thought if there was a command such as: unitname action "dofire" or something similar to that, then he'd simply release bombs, target or no target. In fact, I absolutely do not want him hitting anything in particular, especially not me smile.gif I know in cutscenes, they use commands similar to the above one, but I don't know the proper format or command syntax.

Any web site out there that lists the commands available under the unit action "action" command?

Thanks,

Konyak

Try this :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">a10 reveal target;a10 commandTarget target;a10 commandFire target<span id='postcolor'>

or this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">a10 reveal target;a10 dotarget target;a10 dofire target<span id='postcolor'>

a10 - name of plane

target - name of target

You must find proper positions of target,a10 and waypoints.

AI can target with laser designator,

for that use the BLACKOP with laser designator

_unit dotarget _target

_unit dofire _target

don t use single soldier with laser added to gear.

it won t work good because the simple soldier

fire with laser designator as he had a AK 47

(red dot glitching)

very strange.

o yeah noticed that laser designator can be seen from LGB in radar up to 300 meters NO MORE!!!!!

tested it!!!!!

the A10 get hardly that radar signature!!!

you won t see the red dot from far!

now the problem is to make a AI fire from a A10 LGB!!

that s another problem

but i think we ll have to play with fire command

( unit fire [muzzle, mode, magazine] )

the problem is to have the right muzzle and things..

where can i get a compleet list of the muzzles available

and also all the modes available?

someone made a drop bomb script awhile back, don't remember who (sorry.) you can't target with it but it's great for cutscenes

dropbombs.sqs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit = _this select 0;

_delay = _this select 1;

_bombs = 1;

#nextbomb

_unit Fire "LaserGuidedBombLauncher"

? _bombs == 0 : exit;

_bombs = _bombs - 1;

~_delay

goto "nextbomb";<span id='postcolor'>

in the bombs - 1 field, the 1 stands for extra, meaning if you set it to 1 the A-10 will drop 2.  next you need to make a trigger to where you want the bomb drop to begin

now for that trigger do whatever you want for the conditions, in activiation:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[air1, 0.5] exec "dropbombs.sqs"<span id='postcolor'> where air1 would be the name of the A-10, and 0.5 the delay inbetween bombs

looks beautiful in vietnam missions if you have the proper aircraft, and proper charlie formations smile.gif

Yes that was me....

It was used in my 'Hunter-Killer' mission........

Oh and you use the 'distance' command in the trigger condition line to initiate the strike.......

i.e

plane1 distance target1 < 500

This works well for a mulitple drop at the usual alititude that the AI flies at...

THX but only wanted to know about if the AI was able to target and drop bomb themself.