Sign in to follow this  
Grey Wolf

Arma restarting pc

I dont know what error it is but arma just seems to some times randomly restart my computer, lately it is doing it mostly when i am in mp changing weapons. it just started doing this after the 1.08 patch...

My system is

asus amd 64bit 3800

geforce 6600

1 gig of ram

you should disable the automatic reboot to be able to see what the blue screen says(as I suppose you get them prior to the reboot). You can do this by going to the control panel, and there to system. There you go to "advanced" and then startup and recovery settings. There should be a phrase saying automatic restart, and just uncheck it. If you get back a blue screen, you can just write down what it says, and then reboot manually.

without the error there are thousands of possibilities... although if it's only in multiplayer it might be caused by a firewall or something.

if you have the error, you can post it in here or google it.

there is no blue screen.... it just restarts like some one just hit the reset button... its done it about 10 times in the past 3 hours... i know it has to be something in arma because no other game does this. its also been happening to another one of my friends, some times both of our pc's crash at the same time.... and its really starting to aggravate me banghead.gif...

Yeah i have the same prob. a lot in the older versions and I guessed it was gone in 1.08, but yesterday it happened again just after I tried switching Shading detail from Very Low to High while in-game. I changed the setting and twisted my camera view around my character to see how the new setting performed and *boom* my comp. rebooted..

Its really strange, it has happened to one other game: Lock On.

I think ill try to see if I can get a blue screen error report.

if you do not get a blue screen or display driver error report after the automatic reboot you may have a temperature problem.

there is no blue screen.... it just restarts like some one just hit the reset button...

Pretty sure there is a blue screen. Do what Kode wrote, Arma is very likely to cause heavy system crashs that trigger the automatic reboot of Windows if it's enabled.

Could possibly be the PSU - Do you have any splitters or a weak PSU?

As the above poster says could be temp related, open your side panel on the PC and see if there is any dust.

Monitor Temps - I use ATI Tool for my (Nvidia) GFX to monitor temps to make sure it does'nt overheat and speedfan to monitor the CPU

And finally you may want to see if Underclocking your PC stops the issue?

smile_o.gif

ok i unchecked the automatic restart thing and the game crashed again, this time my screen went black and my speakers had a high pitch wine to them and nothing was working.... there was no blue screen or any thing. and i dont understand how its a temperature problem when this is the only game this problem occurs in....

Well this thread seems to be kinda about what I have experienced since installing patch 1.08. At first I tried a quick mission to test drive it, no real problems. Played with a few things in the editor, still looked ok. Then I restarted the campaign, here's where things started to act up. First driving in the humvee to the first action point the radio chatter was all out of sync, the video was real choppy, then the computer seemed to reboot and lock up. After a restart launched ARMA again and retried campaign. Radio chatter was better, video still choppy, got almost to point to exit humvee then screen went black, but game seemed to keep playing, lots of disk activity, but screen was blacked out. I hit escape and audio stopped and seemed like things locked up again. System specs below running on Win XP...Going to run Beta Patch until this gets fixed...  sad_o.gif

Hello fellas I have the same problem as Grey Wolf and here are my system specs:

3700amd

epox 9npa+

7800gtx

1gb pc3200

audigy 2

Everything is up to date, no heat problems, irq conflicts, etc., (just reformatted)

Greywolf and I know each other and are fortunate to play on the same server. What we have noticed is that both of us have crashed at the EXACT SAMETIME. The BSOD error I receive is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and on down it says ha10kx2k.sys.

I have looked up this error and it seems to be related to a creative drivers. I am in the middle of finding older creative drivers and/or third party ones. If you know where I could get some please let me know. I know creative drivers are notorious for causing conflicts, static, etc.

The thing is that i only receive this problem playing Arma. The only thing I can think of is some sort of programming in the game that confuses the hardware. What that is I have no idea.

Update:

I went back to check video settings and it seems after patching to 1.08 all of the advanced video settings were reset to normal. I put everything back to low and now things seem to run ok. Still a few sound glitches, but video smoothed out and sofar no reboots or lockups. I'm still disappointed that with the system I have which meets the "recommended" requirements, not the minimum that I have to run with everythig at low.... confused_o.gif

Will keep up with this thread and add any new things that pop up.

Well, seems I'm not the only one Arma decided to boot my baby yesterday, just after crawling for 400m back to my rescue boat rofl.gif Yay!

Well, I thought it might be related to my onboard sound but then I found out that it might be the new omega drivers + atitool, atleast the fan control was way off, showing percentages that just couldn't work ie. 0% @75 celsius and above!?!?

Just installed the new catalyst and newest atitool and atleast the fan control now works and it shows my mem speeds like it should.

specs are:

e6600

asus p5k (realtek onboard sound..)

Gecube x1950xtx

450W power'

2*1 gb 800 kingston

win xp pro

ArmA never rebooted my system, whichever version from 1.0 i was using.

AthlonXP 3200+ @2.2Ghz (not overclocked)

Audigy 2 PCI Sound Card

MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB (overclocked ~ 10%)

550W Power supply

2x512MB PC3200 RAM in Dual-Channel Mode

Win2K Prof. wink_o.gif

mines never rebooted either

celeron 2.80 ghz cpu

2 gb of ram

7950 graphics card

230 v power supply

windows xp

i can run my settings on high to very high with good frame rates aswell

If those who are posting system specs from here on out mind posting which sound card they use as well as driver date?

I think that my problem was driver/fan control related because now that I've changed back to catalyst it hasn't rebooted a single time, *knocking on wood*..

But now I've got that annoying sound problem (loosing sound in a big battle) biggrin_o.gif Guess I'll just have to throw my old audigy 2 in.

same probleme here, but y found a solution, just put down your graphique setting in game, all on normal, my pc restart, setting to low and very low,aa disable, game work fine

p4 3.4ghz

x1950pro

2gig ram

audigy 4

Well, I've got almost everything on max now and it works perfectly and with fluent fps. If you've got x1950 series card it might be wise to use atitool to slightly change the fan routines, because the factory settings were pretty frightening. I haven't had a single reboot now.. I changed my settings so that the fans will blow @~80% and more from 70'C and while playing arma my temps are now ~80'C which is pretty good for an 1950xtx. On factory settings the fans will blow at full speed only above 100!? celsius. No wonder the 9800 series was notorious for breaking down. (Mine lasted 4 years though)

I also have the same problem.. could it be ATI driver related? i talked to some people online most of them have ati cards and they have the same problem.. it just restart the pc

I have an ATI x1950 pro

audio card is a creative Audigy 2

its usually happen after 20 min into a multiplayer game.. never does it in single player.. I usually play almost everything on high so i tried lowering settings and still reboots my pc in during multiplayer.. no blue screen whatso ever its just like if u pressed the reset button on my machine sad_o.gif

3700amd

epox 9npa+

7800gtx

1gb pc3200

audigy 2

Everything is up to date, no heat problems, irq conflicts, etc., (just reformatted)

Greywolf and I know each other and are fortunate to play on the same server. What we have noticed is that both of us have crashed at the EXACT SAMETIME. The BSOD error I receive is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and on down it says ha10kx2k.sys.

I have looked up this error and it seems to be related to a creative drivers. I am in the middle of finding older creative drivers and/or third party ones. If you know where I could get some please let me know. I know creative drivers are notorious for causing conflicts, static, etc.

The thing is that i only receive this problem playing Arma. The only thing I can think of is some sort of programming in the game that confuses the hardware. What that is I have no idea.

Having the same problem, but with vista and BSOD (thought this was meant to be a thing of the past with vista, what gives?!?) - Ha10kx2k.sys problem which when traced down is the creative drivers.

Seems really intermittent at the moment.

bah this sux.. cant even makeup what is happening so i can at least try to find a way around this problem.. basicly cant even play multiplayer sad_o.gif

I barely have time to play and when i do pc restarts after 20 minutes of playing online  banghead.gif  

hope this get fixed very soon

omg.... banghead.gif this is really pissing me off.... tonight in the past hour its done it about 6 times... i still get no blue screen or any thing.. all that happens is that the sound keeps repeating and goes really high pitched and the screen goes black even when i have automatic restart disabled.... this is REALLY pissing me off!!!!!!

I'm not having problems anymore, what I did was reinstall the gpu drivers like I mentioned before. Why I'm writing again is that another thing I did was installing my old audigy 2, which resulted in audio errors and crackling sounds. + I got a bsod while installing the newest drivers.. I had forced the original drivers because the installation program wouldn't recognize my card. Removing old drivers and installing the newest pack from creative ultimately resolved all my problems.

So the problem might be audio hardware/drivers afterall.

well i installed the latest drivers from ati (7.6 released 2 days ago) and it stopped restarting WOOooot!  yay.gif

i had 7.5 b4 with no hot fix as the hot fix was making the game unplayable with shuttering every 10 sec.

i think it had to do with th memory leak or something cause by the older drivers

3700amd

epox 9npa+

7800gtx

1gb pc3200

audigy 2

The same here. It only happened 2 times after 20 mins of playing multiplayer. Before 1.08 it never happened.

I'm using the latest creative drives 02.09.0016.

My Specs:

Intel E6420

Asus P5BDeluxe

Asus EN8600 GTS

2GB PC2-5300 Kingston

Audigy 2

Win XP Pro