Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd-RogueWarrior

ARMA ghillie suits?

I have an idea but NOT the means to do so.. could we either :

A: make a 3dmax object and make that a ghillie suit and have it be an addon that you wear like a backpack

B: make the damnn uniform a ghillie? please help our game looks a little wrong with snipers not having the proper gear

Well there is already a ghillie suit out there, but it is featured in a total conversion mod known as the Xtream ArmA Mod. There is a thread for it in A&M: Complete: XAM. There is an english version of the mod due out soon if it has not been released already. I am not too sure exactly. Check out the english trailer to see the ghillie suit in action.

Ghillie suits are cool and definately needed, but that does not mean a sniper wearing regular ACU's is incorrect. Why would a sniper wear a ghillie suit if he is going to be operating in an urban environment? The southern portion of Sahrani has a good number of decent sized cities. Btw there is an addons request thread in this forum. You might get more interest by posting in here: Addons Request.

Snipers will often travel with non-sniper units and will try to blend in with the other soldiers as best they can. Also donning the moving bush suit only helps when laying next to the other moving bushes rofl.gif

I have an idea but NOT the means to do so.. could we either :

A: make a 3dmax object and make that a ghillie suit and have it be an addon that you wear like a backpack

B: make the damnn uniform a ghillie? please help our game looks a little wrong with snipers not having the proper gear

quite like the idea of it being a back slot item.. like the RPG7 and LAW launchers.

how does it work in XAM?

Yep I favor the option as a backpack so that way it's suitable for multiple environnement and give a chance to the sniper to not be spotted that easy when doing his work.

Cougar