Sign in to follow this  
NiGHT WoLF

Anyone know this error

Error.jpg

Got that message while playing MP about an hour ago, I normally get a couple of major graphics glitches ingame (i put it down to xfire and me always minimizing and maximizing a lot) but I never got a message before until then.

Anyone know if theres some kind of fix or what?

A quick google and apparently its caused by running out of RAM?!?!?

I have 2gb!!

I also get this error a lot, and I've only gotten it since the 1.08 patch. I'm not sure but it seems to happen the most in multiplayer. Also, if I have my graphics turned up to very high, I usually get the error within 15 minutes, when I turn them down to medium or lower, I only get it every couple hours usually.

Several times I've had it happen when there are a lot of big explosions on screen at once (like from the Cobra launching all its rockets and taking out buildings) while other times it seems completely random.

Also, you could have 10gb of RAM, and it won't matter much if the problem is caused by a memory leak. You're going to crash sooner or later.

you should try to put -maxmem=512 in the shortcut, to do that, right click on the ArmA shortcut, and click properties. There you should see Target with a box with something like:

"H:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe"  in it. Just type -maxmem=512 after it.

like this: "H:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=512

it's not 100% certain it works though. There is an existing thread about aswell here

I've received that quite a few times. I have 1.07.5157 Beta.

I think it's most likely related to either a) an addon or b) playing with D3D settings while the game is open.

Otherwise, I didn't received it before 1.07Beta I've also dropped in alot of addons.

I've experienced that message also.

I could fix it by 'NOT' choosing: DEFAULT

in the advanced display setup.

note: default is the new option available where the

game decides which settings are best for your system.

~S~ CD