DVD

crCTI 1.0 @DVD

@gonza

Im not a big friend of limits. Some are needed, but some can turn the game a boring one.

I rather give the Inf. a better chance to be more danger.

you can late people choose with param1 or param2

I sure that the cti will be more intereting if there is less tanks or no tanks for people like me who like play infantery

I said "no tanks" and not "no bmp" ok ?

good job the mission rocks

I fink, we just need better infantry weapons and faster animations, the reason why AI infantry sucks so bad is they move/switch weapons slower as my granny. icon_rolleyes.gif

OFP is 100 times better as ArmA in this case.

feedback

the mission is great

the problem is just that everybody are obliged to take a tank to survive

is it possible to make a infantry version

and in this version , remove cobra , repalce it by Mh6 and AH6 , increase tanks and plane price

AH6 call some skill to heat something , cobra is to strong vs tanks and bmps and call no skill

little bug

the M2 of tanks commander dont rearme

question

is there a building to rearm and repaire vehicule , or there is just reaper truck?

is there a system to recycle vehicule ?

hi

your mission is great...

but i have one problem.

In some cases after i respawn or after different periods of time, i cant command my squad anymore.

There were no sounds for the commands and

the bots just stand around.

Has anyone suggestions to solve this problem?

@sundance_1

Yes I do have a suggestion. There is a good possibility that the reason the AI is standing around is because your pc cannot handle processing all the code this particular mission contains at its current setting. Which means try modifying the mission settings to increase performance. Here is how:

Choose 1 or all of the below options:

1. REDUCE THE GROUP SIZE LIMIT. Group Size (GS) is the maximum number of AI units each Group Leader is allowed to control. By reducing this property you reduce the number of units in the game, which should increase performance. At the mission setup screen(immediately after you select the mission) decrease GS (Group Size) from 12 (default) to 6. 6 is not a magic number for performance, it is just for example, you can try whatever you wish, or go very low such as 4 for even better performance.

2. REDUCE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GROUP LEADERS. The maximum number of player slots is 30, 15 BLUFOR vs 15 OPFOR. If you reduce the number of group leaders, you directly and drastically reduce the number of units in the mission. You could try 6 vs 6 or 8 vs 8 or whatever you like. Reduce the number of AI Group Leaders by manually clicking on the "AI" button next to each slot to disable that unit.

Another way to increase performance is to run this mission on a dedicated server. You will of course need another copy of ArmA and a suitable PC, and obviously a LAN.

I hope this helped smile_o.gif

I played it yesterday, and here is some feedback :

- this is not OFP, so the VD limit should be increased since Arma handles it much better. (make it 1500 - 2000 - 2500+ for ex)

- there is a bug when you're dead and have to select respawn point : the score board hides the respawn selection - but I m sure you already know that one.

- again this is not OFP, so BRDM should have some ammo in cargo, like UAZ and bike

@Universel

1st. - I think i will add a VD2000 option in the nextone version.

But Uni, have a look on when vehicles realy pop up, i mean ArmA can handle bigger VD, thats right.

But the sad thing is, vehicles are later visible as in OFP with the same VD, ArmA shows the ground, but not all objects.

In VD 1200, the real VD is 800 (2/3 ... like OFP), but vehicles/ or any other objects ain't showup in 800m, thats a bad "technique" to achieve better frames on greater VDs.

Well i have hope, BI fix is some day.

- That scoreboard while respawn is really annoying, not sure why BI decided to add it in this way.

No1 needs it, in this way.

Anyhow, i know how to remove it by my config, but if i do, i would overwrite original BI values, and this is a thing i ain't do.

Any "replacement" of original BI values is a "no go" for me, i don't like that my addon is suspicious for cheating.

The "very open" technique of ArmA (and OFP) is blessedness and curse at the same time...

May i find a way to remove the scoreboard by scripte in the future.

- About BRDM, ... all light vehicles will get more ammo loadout.

So Inf. loving people have better chance vs. tanks.

@gonza

There is no building for repair, like in MFCTI.

You can use support Truck or APCs for this.

Afterall, a repair building is useless in crCTI, maybe a nice gimmick, but useless.

Eg. a support APC cost only $700 and you can move it everywhere you like, even on water.

About tanks...

I rework the balance a little for the next version.

If you would know my OFP crCTI mods (BW/US/Nato). you may know its much more possible to fight as "grunt".

My only problem in ArmA is, i need more AT weapons and more tanks at the same time, to achieve the same good balance.

For west would need a SMAW (better than M136) and for east would be an RPG 29 ain't bad.

for the score board respawn you can do the same like berzerk map, wher u spawn in 3sec and after "forcemap" lock the vue.

Ok, i will have a look into it.

@DVD

where could I change the cost of different vehicule ? (in what file)

are you ok to let me change it for my team ?

are you working to make able peoples to joint started missions ?

hello and thx but I don't find "commonInitUnitTypes.sqs"

it is in addon files or in missions files ?

"common\InitUnitTypes.sqs"

"common" is a folder in the mission.

ok THX

I have extract the mission crcti_1_0_@dvd_052_sw_sahrani.with kegetys tool , I have modifi the InitUnitTypes.sqs and I have put the mission directory in myarmaprofil\missions\ and when I open the arma editor there is no mission to open wow_o.gif

how could I open the mission in the editor ?

make sure the mission ends on the rigth eg: Ace Everon = crcti_1_0_@dvd_11_central.ACE_Everon

Btw use the 1.1 missions, Sahrani isn't "CTI ready".

To much objects, the ai will be stuck, after a while of playing.

And 0.52 missions wont work with the new config ...

hello

I think that it will be good to increase the commander number of IA

commander must have more IA than other player to make the defence

I noticed that in later versions of crCTI (after 0.52 release, I think) that a few vulcans and a m113 ambulance would stick around base.. I assume for defense. Or maybe my bots are just getting stuck close to base. Does anyone know if base defense is already a feature?

If he got money left, the AI Com placed allways 2-3 MBT, 1-2 AA tanks and 1-2 support APCs, around the base.

the problem is that you can make a great base whit tureds , canons , MGs ... but you have not a lot of IA to put in

is possible to make able to create manned canon , MG , MG turreds , defences... (whit a maximum limite of 10 defence man for exemple)

and dont include this mans in our groups ?

is possible to make able to create manned canon , MG , MG turreds , defences...

In Squeeze's conversion of crCTI sq.94 when you build an M2 50 cal an AI guy will jump in it (and not one from your squad) .. they get in automatically. I haven't noticed in any version of crCTI 1.0

Some more Ai slots for the cmd would be good, yes.

"By AI cmd manned base defence" is off since crCTI 1.0.

Normal crCTI 0.93 in OFP was very "basic" in OFP,

just a view cal .50 MG and 1-2 MBTs. Not very effective.

Of course if you have MFCTI like HE & AA guns, it can be more effective.

But since crCTI 1.0 the AI is able to heal/repair and rearm themself with support units, and so 4-5 tanks is a more effective base defence, as static guns.

And after all, its even more realistic.

@ DVD

I have discovered a bug and was wondering if you or anyone else had experienced it. At some point in the game the ability to rearm a vehicle no longer works. I don't know what triggers the bug or what is the direct cause. I looked at the rearm scripts, but they are too complex for me. It consistently happens every time, but only after a while has passed.

Here is a real example for clarification:

After playing the mission for a while(let's say 1 hour just for example) I buy a Cobra, fly off, fire off all my Hellfires, some of the rockets and some of the cannon rounds. I land at base, at the support truck, select "Rearm Vehicle", I wait for it to finish, it takes my money and says "Rearm Complete", and no weapons have been rearmed on my Cobra. sad_o.gif

However, it seems to happen with any armed vehicle(ITOW HMMWV, tanks, helicopters). Please look into this DVD. I'm sure you can appreciate how annoying and frustrating it is to buy a $25,000 cobra when it cannot be rearmed. If you need any more specific information about the bug, let me know.

EDIT: The A10 seems to be working.

Thanks

The Cobra rearm bug, is a ArmA one.

Never had big problem to rearm other vehicles.

Only secondary weapons station (like the tank cmd MG) won't be rearmed, since the rearm scripts are from OFP, and need a update.

Anyhow at moment, ArmA is boring to me, for some reasons (eg.: the infantry movement is to slow. OFP is still better in movement and aiming, and so it offers more fun to me.)

However, Cleanrock himself is working on his baby.

So better ask/tell him about issues.

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/forum/

I don't think i'll touch ArmA again in the next weeks.