Sign in to follow this  
Holden_McGroin

English language version  its all czech !

Hi all,

wonder if anyone can help here. Ive purchased and downloaded ArmaENG, version says v1.08 5163 and it all appears to be in Czech banghead.gif

(being cornish, understanding english is as much as I can manage... as you can imagine the language barrier has put a bit of a crimp on the gaming experience)

can someone please point me to the english language download version (url to download the english version from)

Cheers

Kev

normally you should be able to change the language of the game in the options menu to english. After that you need to relaunch the game and it should be in english.

If that doesn't help, contact the company from which you bought it.

thanks for your quick reply  kode. appreciated.

meanwhile I found the solution, on the Wiki, so ive posted it here in case anyone else had the same issue:

The Subtitles are available in:

German

French

Italian

Russian

Czech

Polish

English

Go to your My Documents folder and locate a subfolder called ArmA. There you will find a file named ArmA.cfg. Open it in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and on the first line you will find the following text

language="(Enter Desired Language)";

change the language to the one you desire

save the file and lauch ArmA.

Yup that works. tried it. great. I'll be the bewildered one standing out in the open with a big neon sign saying "noob".

thx for your help.

yay.gif

Just click on options and then the video. The block on the upper left side is it. Click on it and select English and save the settings. Then exit the game and restart it.

Thanks Dirt, yup, that works as well lol. see you online sometime soon smile_o.gif

být zavázán tebe do tvůj pomoci! smile_o.gif

Steal my glory, why don't cha. tounge2.gif

Step1.jpg

Step2.jpg

The second step will give you a funky Czech message - it's saying to restart your game.