Sign in to follow this  
sniperboy42

pixel shader 2.0

ok my comp is saying that i need pixel shader 2.0. is there any way to get this w/o an upgrade. plz help.

Guest Ti0n3r
ok my comp is saying that i need pixel shader 2.0. is there any way to get this w/o an upgrade. plz help.

Nope. You'll have to buy a new GFX card that supports it.

well, you should be able to buy a geforce 8500GT or 7300GT(nvidia) or an ati x1650 for +-75$. Those support pixel shader 2.0.

well, you should be able to buy a geforce 8500GT or 7300GT(nvidia) or an ati x1650 for +-75$. Those support pixel shader 2.0.

I just purchased a Nvidia 7800GS 256mb AGP for like $150 USD. (after rebate) @ newegg dot com.

KODE has no clue obviously.

You won't get a card that will run ArmA for any less. (perhaps a used or a broken one maybe.)

The cards that KODE suggested do have PS 2.0, and would therefore be able to allow sniperboy to run the game. They may not offer the best performance, but given the budget he has, they are one of his few options.

sniperboy, before you commit to buying anything, please check whether your system has an AGP or PCI Express slot. Given that your current card doesn't have PS 2.0 support, the system may be old enough to date back to the days before PCI Express, and you don't want to wind up with the wrong card.

pchaxor, being rude and insulting other members on the forum doesn't do much to enhance your credibility.

Don`t buy the 8500 GT.

That card is much slower than the most cards of the 7XXX version.

I use an 7600 GS with 512MB, it has pixel shader version 3.0, and should be ~80-90$.

I just purchased a Nvidia 7800GS 256mb AGP for like $150 USD. (after rebate) @ newegg dot com.

KODE has no clue obviously.

You won't get a card that will run ArmA for any less. (perhaps a used or a broken one maybe.)

Apparently I indeed have no clue... I didn't know 75$ is equal to 150$. crazy_o.gif

People have desires and don't always have the money for it. What you are suggesting is: he wants to buy a car, you are proposing him a truck...

Those cards aren't top of the line. But they run the game. the minimum specs are:

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce FX series or ATI Radeon 9500 series or higher (Pixel Shader 2.0)

The cards I proposed are much better than those, so they will definatelly run the game... You have to look at his needs, not yours.

Those cards aren't top of the line. But they run the game.

Barely. It would really help to spend a bit more money on it. If he can't, well I guess he'll have to settle for it. But he might be able to push his budget a bit, and if he can then he could enjoy the game more.

Quote[/b] ] the minimum specs are:

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce FX series or ATI Radeon 9500 series or higher (Pixel Shader 2.0)

From reports on these forums, the game is not playable on a Geforce FX, it runs, but that's it.

nividia 7600 gs smile_o.gif works just fine for me. smile_o.gif though i have 2 gig of ram to support that with biggrin_o.gif