Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

I'd like to thank you for the great work you accomplished on this. I love the tracers' effects ! Much better than the original BIS ones.

I see that with CRDS some sounds and features have been added when the player is wounded. By the way, do they also apply to AI (I don't think so, but want to be sure) ? Do you plan on improving other parts of the simulation too ?

I thank you for your work and the way you handle it (community input).

Malick

Great job @sickboy

love your work too xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to thank you for the great work you accomplished on this. I love the tracers' effects ! Much better than the original BIS ones.
Quote[/b] ]I see that with CRDS some sounds and features have been added when the player is wounded. By the way, do they also apply to AI (I don't think so, but want to be sure) ? Do you plan on improving other parts of the simulation too ?
The sounds apply to AI, but they have no disability yet like humans have. I'm thinking about how to implement this.

I have my holiday in 2 weeks, until then I want to get the v0.1Final out of the Pack-1. After my holidays I intend to return to my AI-M Project with the addition of FSM and much more. In the meantime I will work on the CRDS and other projects too.

Great !

Adding AI behaviour through FSM should really be the most powerful thing, as you can specify a reaction for each class. Good luck with these, as I don't think it will be easy.

BTW, I do believe you will need a looooooot of field testing for any new FSM/AI behaviour. Feel free to ask !

Malick

sickboy is there a way to make the tracers model change from the laser type into ball type after hitting things? i found that quite annoying as sometime ricochet only bounce off ground a little b4 it drop back to ground and disappear, making a funny looking view(and it seems happen quite offent on my machine, dunno why)

sickboy is there a way to make the tracers model change from the laser type into ball type after hitting things? i found that quite annoying as sometime ricochet only bounce off ground a little b4 it drop back to ground and disappear, making a funny looking view(and it seems happen quite offent on my machine, dunno why)

Such things are planned for v0.2 of the Tracers.

MadDogX known from the ExplosionFX etc. seems to be interested to look at some additional effects for the Tracers :-)

thax for the info m8, i am looking forward to it smile_o.gif

6thSense.eu "Pack1" v0.1RC6

Changes RC6:

Misc

[*] Added support for the ArmA Anti Cheat (ARMAAC) By MadDogX. When the SIX_Misc and ARMAAC Addons are combined on a server, the anti-cheat protection will automaticly be enabled without need for mission editing etc! (Package time: 08:30 CET)

Tracers

[*] New Variable: SIX_TRACER_DELAY, also configurable for SP and per Mission, which determines the delay between bullet exiting the barrel until tracer ignition time. Put to 0 to disable any pause

[*] Changed Default delay to 0.02

[*] Renewed Weapon/Ammo lookup routines, combined Weapon+Ammo information now in 1 variable.

All settings for tracers can now be overwritten by weapon config, while tracers will always be disabled when either weapon or ammo has tracers disabled.

[*] Added the Configuration Class and functionality to configure AUTO, REFRESH and DELAY in SP.

[*] Renewed the Config Functions, they now output a default value other than <null>, even when no config entry was found

CRDS

[*] Lowered some of the sounds, *again* :-) Could really use that Sound Maintaining help ;-)

@MaddMatt & Zootia:

It became 0.02 on default settings mate... The setting is now configurable from SIX_Tracers.hpp for SP, and in the Mission Config for SP/MP.

@Stingfish:

The config parts I copied earlier to overwrite the tracerPer value by configuring the weapon. (M249 example). Did not do anything before this Release smile_o.gif

All the code was there, there was just simply nothing done with the tracerPer and some other settings on weapons; Resolved now smile_o.gif

@MadDogX:

Splendid job on the ArmA Anti Cheat Addon (ARMAAC)!

Support added in SIX_Misc. Now automaticly startsup ARMAAC server-side without the need of editing missions.

Hi,

I really like this pack, makes Arma much better!

just one suggestion. could you give the player a whiteout when he gets hit? the more dammage, the longer the whiteout? that would be very good.

keep it up!

Hi,

I really like this pack, makes Arma much better!

just one suggestion. could you give the player a whiteout when he gets hit? the more dammage, the longer the whiteout? that would be very good.

keep it up!

I will have a look at it! Thanks for the feedback!

Pack-1 v0.2 is planned for after my holidays, so in 1-2 months give or take.

I'd like to elaborate on Sauron's suggestion. Sickboy, I don't know if you're familiar with WGL6, but it had a terrific system for trauma simulation. When hit, the player would experience a blackout. There was also a chance that the wound would bleed, slowly decreasing health and causing longer blackouts as the health dropped. The best part was that they also managed to simulate this with the AI: when hit, the AI would kind of slump to the ground and be unable to perform any action for a second or two. It added greatly to the atmosphere as you were unable to say whether you had killed the AI or not, especially if by dropping to the ground he disappeared behind a ledge or fence or something similar.

It's something I miss greatly in ArmA; the last six months of my OFP career were spent playing WGL6 and I had grown very accustomed to it's realistic touches. Obviously, I have no idea how to implement it, but seeing as you are the resident ArmA improver I thought I'd mention it smile_o.gif

Regards,

X.

Hehe, I know WGL 5 outside and inside from the back of my head (nearly) lol :-)

Thanks for the explaining though!

This blackout system at this time works for the player, just not for the AI yet, though they bleed and they die over time just like the player.

If this is not working then the CRDS system is broken somehow biggrin_o.gif

Nice addons SB smile_o.gif

Can you quickly explain how you manage to capture all fired events please? I'm trying to capture all killed events but the only way I know how to do it right now is with a huge island-covering trigger. I'd like my script to work as a transparent addon, capturing all killed events wherever they happen.

I had a look at the code for your stuff but unraveling is not one of my skills smile_o.gif

Heya DM,

Sry for not replying on your question earlier, I remember now that you did ask before.

You are on the correct course, at least, to my opinion.

I would not put a big trigger in the mission editor but by script.

I would create something on the lines like the following: http://www.pastebin.ca/592336

Mind you, vehicles in this example are only seen as "carriers" of others units. So the script does not touch vehicles, only men outside and inside vehicles.

(Untested though)

My SIX_Misc creates a trigger aswell and the addons in Pack1 all make use of this trigger.

If you wish, for cooperation's sake you could specify:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if(isNil "SIX_trig")then

{

// createtrigger yadi yadi yadi

}else{

DM_trig=SIX_trig; // Though, 1 warning; Do not change *any* parameters from this trigger

};

In this example, if SIX_Misc is present, and has created a SIX_trig, it will not create a new trigger but simply use the already created... Though, 1 warning; Do not change *any* parameters from this trigger ...

So if for any reason you would need to have different trigger statements/conditions, plz do *not* use the example biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, I tried changing the delay settings in the hpp file, but there is no change in the game. Its set to 0.02 by default and no matter what I change it to(I've tried 0, 0.0001, 2.. pretty much anything), the tracers still ignite at the same place.

Hmm, I tried changing the delay settings in the hpp file, but there is no change in the game. Its set to 0.02 by default and no matter what I change it to(I've tried 0, 0.0001, 2.. pretty much anything), the tracers still ignite at the same place.

Heya,

Did you uncomment the 2nd line of the script, as noted:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Uncomment the following line to Enable SP configuration

//#define SIX_TracersSP

If so, then i'll look into it smile_o.gif

but isnt that just for SP?

Sure, as it wouldn't be fair if you were able to set the setting just for yourself in an MP session now would it smile_o.gif

For configuring the tracers in Multiplayer, you have to use the SIX_TracersCfg.hpp (example in the Docs folder), and include it in your missions description.ext file, so everyone in the mission has the same settings, same chances smile_o.gif

(or are you actually referring to that file, and saying that the above is not working? biggrin_o.gif)

Heya DM,

Sry for not replying on your question earlier, I remember now that you did ask before.

You are on the correct course, at least, to my opinion.

I would not put a big trigger in the mission editor but by script.

I would create something on the lines like the following:

Mind you, vehicles in this example are only seen as "carriers" of others units. So the script does not touch vehicles, only men outside and inside vehicles.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

DM_LOOP=true; // Loop enabled, can be disabled in mid-mission by making the boolean false

DM_LOOP_TIME=30; // Loop time, how many seconds between checks for new units on the map

DM_trig = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector",getArray(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition")];

DM_trig setTriggerType "NONE";

DM_trig setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true];

DM_trig setTriggerArea [30000, 30000, 0, false ];

DM_trig setTriggerStatements ["this", "", ""];

DM_EH_KILLED=

{

// CODE TO EXECUTE WHEN UNIT KILLED, _this is filled with Killed EH _this

};

[] spawn

{

private ["_DM_KE"];

_DM_KE=

{

_this setVariable ["DM_SIGNATURE", true];

_this addEventHandler ["killed",{_this spawn DM_EH_KILLED}];

};

while{DM_LOOP}do

{

// Run through all the units that are catched (and refreshed) by DM_trig

{

// Check if signature is present, if present move on to the next unit

if(isNull (_x getVariable "DM_SIGNATURE"))then

{

// Catch only Vehicles(+Infantry etc etc), not logics etc

if(_x isKindOf "AllVehicles")then

{

if(_x isKindOf "Man")then

{

// Run the Function on the unit

_x call _DM_KE;

}else{

// Run the Function on the units inside vehicle

{ _x call _DM_KE } forEach (crew _x);

};

}else{

// When not part of all vehicles, set signature so it doesn't get re-evaluated again

_x setVariable ["DM_SIGNATURE", false];

};

};

} forEach (list DM_trig);

sleep DM_LOOP_TIME;

};

};

(Untested though)

My SIX_Misc creates a trigger aswell and the addons in Pack1 all make use of this trigger.

If you wish, for cooperation's sake you could specify:

if(isNil "SIX_trig")then

{

// createtrigger yadi yadi yadi

}else{

DM_trig=SIX_trig; // Though, 1 warning; Do not change *any* parameters from this trigger

};

In this example, if SIX_Misc is present, and has created a SIX_trig, it will not create a new trigger but simply use the already created... Though, 1 warning; Do not change *any* parameters from this trigger ...

So if for any reason you would need to have different trigger statements/conditions, plz do *not* use the example biggrin_o.gif

Ooh lovely thanks smile_o.gif

Looks like stuff I was leaning toward in any case, except yours looks like code while mine looks like a hack biggrin_o.gif

Just one teensy-weensy question: what do I need to do to get my script to execute on mission start? That is, where is the initial call in the addon PBO file that I eventually make? Before of course I needed to manually put in the trigger into the mission smile_o.gif

NP Markwick :-D

I myself use init eventhandlers on some vehicle classes.

I could recommend either using mission init.sqf as start point, or using a gamelogic that a mission maker can place to active it and/or different features of your scripts.

If you would like me to, I can add your init to SIX_Misc, meaning that either by switches in a config file, or simply enable your scripts automaticly, when SIX_Misc would be loaded on the machine.

It all very depends on what ur brewing biggrin_o.gif

For the sake of FPS etc, it might be a good idea to sleep 1 frame in the forEach loop, so at the end of that loop before the } forEach (list DM_trig) add a line with: sleep 0.001;

You could possibly add a sleep 0.01; line at the end of the if(isNull "DM_SIGNATURE")then{blablabla statement. Which would add additional waits between checking new units. This would slow the script down esp at the beginning, so it could take some seconds when there are 300 units at the start, but esp later when there are possibly only a few new units (re)spawned, all spread over time etc, the sleeps don't add that much, but should at least make operations even lighter.

But tests should tell you that smile_o.gif

Damn u @sickboy rofl.gif

I can’t play ArmA without your 6thSense.eu "Pack1" yay.gifinlove.gif

Your: welcome.gif

Damn u @sickboy rofl.gif

I can’t play ArmA without your 6thSense.eu "Pack1" yay.gifinlove.gif

Your: welcome.gif

NP Mate, happy you like it :-)

So I guess we worked everything out for v0.1, no more pending bugs, or feature? (Most of new features were set for v0.2 though).

Greetings Sickboy et al-

I love the "pack", I had it installed even before launching ArmA for the first time (this past Sunday) because it came so highly recommeded, so I guess I'll never know the difference but it is still profound...awesome work!

I am having one small difficulty. I mostly play MP and also do not want to have to scroll through the extra markers that others may not be able to see (as Matt first mentioned above), I have followed the instructions on how to disable them, but they still show up in-game. Everytime I try to place a marker it defaults to a blue cross which among other markers, other can't see. Here is what I am doing:

-I completed deleted SIX_TRACERS & SIX_MISC, including the .hpp files in the dta folder.

- I copied newly extracted Pack1 v0.1RC6 SIX_TRACERS & SIX_Misc folders and their respective dta folders into the ArmA installation folder. When I did so, I get a message confirming that a dta folder alreasy exists and asking to overwrite, which I do.

-I go into the dta folder, confirm both that the SIX_TRACERS & SIX_MISC .hpp files are there.

-I open the SIX_MISC .hpp file in notepad and put "// " infront of "#define SIX_MARKERS".

Am I missing something or doing someting wrong? Thanks!

-Loyalguard

Heya, Cool to hear that it comes heavily recommended, thanks biggrin_o.gif

The commenting of the SIX_Markers line only tells the Pack1 scripts to use default ArmA markers.

To resolve your issue, remove SIX_Markers.pbo from the @SIX_Misc\Addons folder.

Have fun!

Im on vacation and i cant play the game so i guess it would be kind if someone uploaded some videos with the tracers and this pack functions.

Youtube will do it xmas_o.gif .

smile_o.gif