Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, as it's already a few days old, but Gamespot has more screenshots.

Gamespot

The last pictures from the June 26th update seem interesting, but I don't think they are from Armed Assault. Does anyone have any info about them?

on this that i certainly dont want, High res scenery, buildings and units to slow the game down even more

Has anyone noticed some really weird ArmA screenshots on Gamespot? Looky here. I think they must have slipped in from a different game, unless ArmA gameplay is changing A LOT.

Yeh i saw those it looks more like a tom clancy game to me

Has anyone noticed some really weird ArmA screenshots on Gamespot? Looky here. I think they must have slipped in from a different game, unless ArmA gameplay is changing A LOT.

LOL I think someone cocked up and posted some wrong pictures there. notice the 'right' one have Queens Gambit stamped on the pictures.

Looks like a PSP game maybe the 'odd' pictures.

Hi all

I do not think those last three pictures are ArmA they look like the old fashioned cartoon graphics you get in Battlefield or Ghost Recon or some such.

Kind Regards walker

Those screenshots are from the game The bourne conspiracy, a ps3/shitty/xbox360 game.

Has there been any official words yet about this expansion?

Thought that there would be an "update" here in these forums by the developers? Or did i misread that?

Guest Ti0n3r
Has there been any official words yet about this expansion?

Thought that there would be an "update" here in these forums by the developers? Or did i misread that?

Idea games posted a press release on their site a couple of days ago. No new info though.

What contributing factors towards ArmA's expansion do you look for before purchasing this expansion?

In Retrospect: What contributing factors towards ArmA's expansion do you see to avoid the expansion?

Edit: I didn't do my research sadly. I only read the one link when Q/G was released and hadn't read anything from news sites afterwards. I'll blame it on 2 hours sleep last night at a 14 hour day at work ok? smile_o.gif

To the admins: If the expansion discussion was dictated only to be in one thread you may delete this. If not however, carry on! smile_o.gif

Your won'ts are almost all wrong or assuming too much:

1. You assume too much. Considering that ArmA was rushed out too early, it's not surprising that the original campaign was bad. They had more time for Q/G so I'm pretty sure it will be better. Maybe even in the league of what Resistance was for OFP.

2. Wrong, there are new units. Mercenaries and some other stuff. Look at the Q/G screenshots.

3. Wrong, there is a new island. Porto or something.

4. Wrong. See above.

5. You assume too much. One of the MP missions they announced sounded very cool. Perhaps people will play it.

6. You assume too much. How can you judge that when you haven't seen the missions yet?

Alot of the things you say are not true. You need to read more about expansion....

I suppose I do. I edited my main post. Idk what got into me/ I've been going crazy lately. Forgive my insolence towards this expansion and my previous post prior to editing it.

I only read the one initial link that stated the games annoucment. I hadn't read anything from the news sites so I assumed that what I read was all that was known.

for me, its all about the anti-cheat system.

that is if its even going to be implimented.

no anti-cheat means MP games are going to be just as bad as they are now.

changed mind. tools. more realism. greater engine advancements. those are the three things i want.

nice sense of organization... icon_rolleyes.gif

so the expansion will be out in the next 3 months, lets see what they show us more until then.

It's always nice to see the original post edited so you don't see what was in it, making replies lose their context. Erasing your earlier thoughts doesn't make you look smarter, perhaps the contrary.

It's always nice to see the original post edited so you don't see what was in it, making replies lose their context. Erasing your earlier thoughts doesn't make you look smarter, perhaps the contrary.

I should have quoted. wink_o.gif

Anyway, wasn't this thread supposed to be merged?

so the expansion will be out in the next 3 months, lets see what they show us more until then.

I thought it would be out in September?

as if you didn't know how things work in real life.. wow_o.gif

wait to see wink_o.gif

as if you didn't know how things work in real life.. wow_o.gif

wait to see wink_o.gif

Point taken.

I remember waiting for ETQW. Last year they said August 2006. Now it's already August 2007 and we're still waiting...

I hardly think QG will be delayed too long though.

Guest Ti0n3r

They should release some more info about it if it's meant to be out in September... So I doubt it will be out for a few more months.