Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

There we go :

Quote[/b] ]Q: Will there be new vehicles, if so which?

A: The addon brings very little on the vehicle side. Our plan is to have tools out ahead of the expansion pack and creating vehicles and weapons is something we feel the community will be very fast with. While creating quality environment or larger campaigns is more difficult to achieve for hobbyist.

Q: Do the editing tools arrive with the addon, or earlier?

A: As mentioned before, tools time is very near (I know, finally, but we were overloaded by other work, esp. patch 1.08 was extremely big and demanding task for us), there's no relation to the expansion pack either.

"tools time is very near" wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Good news biggrin_o.gif And Porto looks pretty good too.

That clears things up, thanks for the link to that interview. smile_o.gif

Morphicon Limited released an interview with Maruk about Queen`s Gambit

Ohh and also 3 new screens.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1498

Is that a mosque?

Middle Eastern setting perhaps? thumbs-up.gif

Fictional, Porto is not a ME name.

I like that small town better than the whole Northern Sahrani territory thumbs-up.gif .

Hehey, more vbs1 artwork coming out for cheap, new island looks sweet inlove.gif . Too bad there wont be new vehicles but hopefully new opfor?

I have a dejavu smile_o.gif

Remember "search for saddam (not sure about the name)?

Really great, I love this kind of maps 100%

Is that a mosque?

Middle Eastern setting perhaps? thumbs-up.gif

Fictional, Porto is not a ME name.

I like that small town better than the whole Northern Sahrani territory thumbs-up.gif .

And Sahrani isn't a Caribbean name.

Now this is awsome cant wait wink_o.gif But would like to see an full 360 view of vehicals for the 3rd person view that would be lovely, also the 3rd person view for units its just way way to far would be nice if they made the 3rd person view for the units closer like in OFP. It realy brings out the units details and all.

Hehey, more vbs1 artwork coming out for cheap, new island looks sweet inlove.gif . Too bad there wont be new vehicles but hopefully new opfor?

I have a dejavu smile_o.gif

Remember "search for saddam (not sure about the name)?

Really great, I love this kind of maps 100%

I only remember reading about it smile_o.gif .

Lets hope a few more custom buildings make their way into "Porto", that town's layout is pretty cool, it would be a shame if this island would turn out small, even if a large chunk of it was desert and stuff i would like it to take advantage of what the engine can do better.

Ill give it that, the town looks nice.

and heekseeker ive already posted a million differnt rpt files. But imm off now anyways so i dont care.

I hope you(those who ask) finaly stop asking about tools and blame them for your unhappiness biggrin_o.gif ...are we there yet...are we there yet...are we there yet...

Quote[/b] ]A: The addon brings very little on the vehicle side. Our plan is to have tools out ahead of the expansion pack and creating vehicles and weapons is something we feel the community will be very fast with. While creating quality environment or larger campaigns is more difficult to achieve for hobbyist.

xmas_o.gif

Much faster than "the Tools" for OFP was released. smile_o.gif

BIS inlove.gif

"A: The addon brings very little on the vehicle side. Our plan is to have tools out ahead of the expansion pack and creating vehicles and weapons is something we feel the community will be very fast with. While creating quality environment or larger campaigns is more difficult to achieve for hobbyist."

at least this sound good smile_o.gif

and in tools there should be tool which allow edit existing models, no matter ODOL or other form

I'll buy it as long as I can find a hardcopy in stores.

I surly hope that the released tools will bring some unhappiness to exit the forums, but as any kind of positive news always spark sort of negativity I'm a bit sceptical. Great pictures though and imagine if ArmA tools are released earlier than the OFP ones.  biggrin_o.gif

"esp. patch 1.08 was extremely big and demanding task for us"

I can I believe in that...

Now please fix it.

"esp. patch 1.08 was extremely big and demanding task for us"

I can I believe in that...

Now please fix it.

They never give up icon_rolleyes.gif

This expansion looks good. I like the look of the island, and since this expansion seems to be focused on the campaigns I expect them to be good.

If it's half the price of the original game, then you can't really call it a rip-off.

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

well i'll probably buy it, but i'm pretty sure most people would be satisfied with having a couple more patches to fix some stuff soon, some people still cant play 10 minutes without a crash and that needs to be sorted first.

Campaigns and islands can be made by the community! Engine fixes cant. (To a very large extent at least)

true islands and campaigns and units can be made by the community, and the engine fixes can only be done by the developers. problem:- Developers need money, money equals games and expansion packs sold, sales means a good product, which means that they need to release new islands, units camapigns for the masses that dont use this site or know about hte mods. and the rest of us, engine fixes can then come along after in patches.

Sounds fair to me.

A nice goodie-vehicle would have been great though...

More money for BIS = more support for patches and game 2. These guys have to eat too.

On top of that, official addons can be much more widespread than community addons. Therefore you can put it in missions and MP and consider it standard.

I'll buy it if it's around 25 euros, and if it's any good, i'll buy another one for my brother.

Being outsourced, it doesn't even postpone the tools any further, nor slow down the work of the lead coders.

nice interview.

Thanks Mar/-u/-e/k. smile_o.gif

Now looking forward to the addon and tools. smile_o.gif

well i'll probably buy it, but i'm pretty sure most people would be satisfied with having a couple more patches to fix some stuff soon, some people still cant play 10 minutes without a crash and that needs to be sorted first.

Campaigns and islands can be made by the community! Engine fixes cant. (To a very large extent at least)

I can play hours without an crash. huh.gif

But i only play SP, mostly because of the cheaters and teamkillers.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Campaigns and islands can be made by the community! Engine fixes cant. (To a very large extent at least)

You do realize that the people who are working on the campaigns and the islands have nothing to do with the engine itself? (And vice versa).