Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

I say the same as always, BIS always improve his games, with patches and with the expansions, so don't worry and be patiente.

You can't imagine how much fun I'll have putting the cowboy guy in my cowboy deathmatch.

Listen folks, I've been a private military contractor for 15 years now, and we get to wear whatever we want to in the field. It really depends on what the mission calls for.

I'm looking forward to a campaign that finally brings to light the trials and tribulations that I and my fellow PMC's have gone through. More often than not, we're made to feel ashamed of our line of work. I'm happy to finally be celebrated.

Abs

Listen folks, I've been a private military contractor for 15 years now, and we get to wear whatever we want to in the field. It really depends on what the mission calls for.

I'm looking forward to a campaign that finally brings to light the trials and tribulations that I and my fellow PMC's have gone through. More often than not, we're made to feel ashamed of our line of work. I'm happy to finally be celebrated.

Abs

You too, huh. Who are currently with?

That's all confidential information mates. Let me just say that I'm writing this from Pakistan.

Abs

That's all confidential information mates. Let me just say that I'm writing this from Pakistan.

Abs

icon_rolleyes.gif I've never heard of any firm restricting speaking about whom one might be employed with. What is restricted is your full name, AO, billeting/residence, or any other info that may violate OPSEC.

Abs

He's with the 1st Walter Mitty PMC corps, i hear they are hardcore as....employing people from such young ages as 11.....

I'm addicted to this game as I was with OFP.  Staying up late and getting 4-5 hours of sleep.  So in other words.  I'll be getting this expansion pack as soon as it comes out.  Speaking of stayin up late, I'm going to play some more MP right now even though I have to get up in 7 hours to go to a 10 1/2 work day.

i know a few guys who have been in PMC, one of them have got atless 20 fake ID and passport, you guys have no idea what kind of guys they are rofl.gif

...I have already seen how crap BI campaign creation is and I would rather get new islands/campaigns/units from the community.

Have you forgotten about CWC and RES already?  huh.gif

I'm pretty sure BIS are aware of the general thoughts on the Arma campaign and I think they are fully capable of making a more story-driven plot.

maybe. but then why don't they improve the original campaign first? add cutscenes and dialogue, fix waypoints and triggers, fix weapon selection and winning conditions, etc.

...I have already seen how crap BI campaign creation is and I would rather get new islands/campaigns/units from the community.

Have you forgotten about CWC and RES already?  huh.gif

I'm pretty sure BIS are aware of the general thoughts on the Arma campaign and I think they are fully capable of making a more story-driven plot.

maybe. but then why don't they improve the original campaign first? add cutscenes and dialogue, fix waypoints and triggers, fix weapon selection and winning conditions, etc.

i'm also aware of that confused_o.gif

Do we know how this expansion will be distributed? Will it be a disc you can buy in a shop, or a download only thing? (Like Northern Strike for BF2142)

25 is a bit much for 2 functional campaign and some new model i have to say, might want to get one if its cost somewhere like 15, but no 25 is too much for me

i wouldnt mind if a pack cause as much as a full game that adds a lots of new features together with bugs fixed however

BI plz dont go the BF2 way

Abs

He's with the 1st Walter Mitty PMC corps, i hear they are hardcore as....employing people from such young ages as 11.....

Quote[/b] ]employing people from such young ages as 11.....

Pfft! I just caught that. rofl.gif

Nice, Maruk / Marek replied and said he will post something later that will clear up a few things smile_o.gif

Im actually happy that the Devs and especially the Spanels are always open for contact and help where they can.

At least for me it was this way so far.

However dont PM the devs with any little problem wink_o.gif

Anyone know what are the new unit ?

I hope that they add :

- Rank in users profil (so when you play online you be able to drive & pilot the unit [useful for Evolution V3.0]) by using ARMA ID...

- Ancient OFP side (C.R.E.W : Civil, Afrika, C.E.I, U.S.A) with ARMA side (R.E.S : Royal, Euro, Far & Middle East)...

- P3D using multiple texture system (urban, black [night], blue [cop], green, snow, desert, jungle, wood, ocean), the P3D choose texture in fonction of type of map (must be added in MAP CPP) or time...

- Capacity of a group of AA tank to target multiple plane & chopper at same time (RKSL script)

- KA52 (same as KA50 but 2 seat)

- Camera view for plane & chopper (not only the Zoom of cockpit [touch V])

- Sonic boom for plane (Rad script)

- T90 or T80UM

- Active  panel [M.F.D] on plane & chopper (showing weapons left, map, AA & AG radar, and other stuff) [like the AH64 by Franz or the DKMM MI28]

- Chaff & Flare, Electronical Counter Measer

- Radio Radar, AA radar & AG radar (for plane & chopper),

- Scrambler for Radar, IR & L.A.S.E.R

- Fonctionnal Electronical Gun scope, for weapons like FN2000 & OICW [showing Distance, impact...] (Splinter Cell & Soldier of Fortune 2)

- Bipod automatically activeted when croushed (like the Sniper in Raven Shield)

- Knife, Gas mask, Lacrymo Grenade, Flash Grenade, Sun glasses

- IR & Laser dot (AN-PEQ), Gun Light

- Heart Beat Detector Binocular (Raven Shield Athena Sword)

- Electromagnetical & Thermal view (to find hided Armored & Hided Unit)

- Computer interface for unit to check a sector with RECON SAT (like IGI 2 or Splinter Cell) to mark target before attacking, add a version for the Tank, plane & Chopper (for gunner)

- Artellery Interface (like the C.o.C), to use it with LASER marker and ARTY unit...

The detail make great game

splinter_cell_3_shader-effekt_sichtfilterbig.jpg

udaje%5Cnavody%5C5%5C5772_img34.jpg

I gave them a nice PM awhile ago from the lack of new about the CTD and Startup Issues asking what was around the coner in a very nice way but i guess they deleted my PM. Anyways thats not the point but i look forward to maruks post about this expansion.

i did something like you did with the 1.07 beta patch, they didnt reply but the hotfix release not long after that, dunno if its related

This was days ago, i got sickboy to write the paragraph as i didnt no what to say in a nice way haha tounge2.gif but still..

anyways was there any time on the ETA of the anncouncement? whistle.gif

Have you forgotten about CWC and RES already? huh.gif

Too bad the people who made those campaigns isn't with BI anymore ;/

Abs

I might have to tell this to you guys, he's just fucking around with you.

i guess that some people jumps way too fast to conclusions ...

1) that so called ' it comes with final 1.08 patch'

it simply mean that such release is already patched to up2date version

(atm is 1.08 patch classified as final for retail release not unlike 1.07 beta wink_o.gif

2) it's campaign, maps, island, missions and all driven by some (lets hope good) story

retextured units ... it's WIP , give them time to polish it

and that authors of Alpha Prime works with BIS on it ...

what's wrong on that? it's another Czech studio (so easy to coop with)

and AP was quite ok and Shade is fine too ...

3) weapons, models etc ... i HOPE not ... as that turns it unusable in MP (2 incompatible versions of game) ...

i prefer units/equip etc sets to be accessable to everyone ...

BF2 miniexpansions were enough terrific for me

Quote[/b] ]That's all confidential information mates. Let me just say that I'm writing this from Pakistan.

Quit telling nonsense please. By all means the only foreign mercenaries ever operating in Pakistan over the last 30 years were either Afghan, Indian or Pakistan ex-army members. You´re certainly going to tell us that you´re operating in the closed tribal area along the border ? Good joke, no foreigner ever is neither allowed nor unkilled in that region. Even the pakistani army that holds a few strongpoints in the region is not able to conduct any kind of operations in that area apart from allowing some US drones in.

retextured units ... it's WIP , give them time to polish it

Showing a WIP product in this stage is very bad marketing.

This topic is the proof of it.