Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

blah blah it's cheap because if we had the tools the community could've done it already.

Even if you had the tools it would take the community months, maybe years before any decent campaigns were released, even at the same quality that the arma campaign was. And then there's something which you can't do at all which is voice acting.

If BIS/505 play their cards right they'll weigh heavy on the voice acting because that is a large part of what made cwc/res campaigns interesting.

I do agree it looks a bit cheesy though. But, eh, I didn't buy Red Hammer either, might be like that, who knows.

I would prefer some latin american looking rebels or something if new units was supposed to be introduced, personally.

@ ofpforum, i play ARMA because i like it , and imho im rather good at what i do play at ctfs, DM etc, ARMA is nothing like bf2, and i dont want it to be, im just saying lots of people want ofp anims, i dont mind this anims, i can play fine on both so stfu you ai killing wannabe homo nener.gif

@ ofpforum, i play ARMA because i like it , and imho im rather good at what i do play at ctfs, DM etc, ARMA is nothing like bf2, and i dont want it to be, im just saying lots of people want ofp anims, i dont mind this anims, i can play fine on both so stfu you ai killing wannabe homo kid nener.gif

HIGHLANDER @ June 18 2007,21:56)]@ ofpforum, i play ARMA because i like it , and imho im rather good at what i do play at ctfs, DM etc, ARMA is nothing like bf2, and i dont want it to be, im just saying lots of people want ofp anims, i dont mind this anims, i can play fine on both so stfu you ai killing wannabe homo kid nener.gif

Well now, thats a nice contribution.

You can have +1WL and a weeks PR for you to consider what utter tripe you have posted.

HIGHLANDER @ June 18 2007,21:56)]@ ofpforum, i play ARMA because i like it , and imho im rather good at what i do play at ctfs, DM etc, ARMA is nothing like bf2, and i dont want it to be, im just saying lots of people want ofp anims, i dont mind this anims, i can play fine on both so stfu you ai killing wannabe homo kid nener.gif

I prefer PvP COOP, just because you prefer to be locked up and dont want to take advantage of the huge areas doesnt mean its the only way to play against other players..

AI is there just for the atmosphere, if there were only humans the squads would be very small and the area would be rather empty. So AI just spices things up a bit. But ofcourse there are human opponents who usually lead the AI squads and coordinate attacks together. (Yes! Large scale battles which cannot be done with only humans! )

Oh and btw, you guessed my sexual preference wrong.. tounge2.gif

I really dont know if i should cry or smile, but i have yet to see ONE topic that dont turn into this kind of childish "arma is crap" "No its not, its the best game ever" debate. No wonder wargames sell so good biggrin_o.gif

HIGHLANDER @ June 18 2007,21:30)]it would have been a lot better if this expansion, was to be using ofp animation movements for infantry, i know for a fact 100s more people players would play multiplayer, especially CTFS etc, i can only wish BIS 1 day listens to 10000s of clan ctf players more than coop ai evolution players :| pistols.gif

I have the perfect solution for that:

PLAY ANOTHER GAME

Im not buying BF2 and then complaining the game is too fast paced, i bought ArmA because i wanted so paced gameplay, if you wanted something else you should have bought something else.

No. BIS could earn more money by let the game be very open to anykind style of play it. Not only by the one way but there rly should be different game modes like

1. realistic to those who is looking for knive sharp 100% realism. Mainly current coops players.

2. CTI (mainly crCTI) community demands play whit old OFP setups so let be one game mode dedicated to those who liked only the way gameplay was in OFP.

3. semi arcade gameplay to fast CTF / DM round based PvP match players.

As like OFP was the game for all there is no reason to turn back to any of this three different groups of players. It could be not hard implement those all in one game by just use different configs.

i think if this is true it is the saddest thing and maybe the final nail for even the dire harded supporters. So now those that bought Arma that havent been able to run the game from day 1 are now supposed to pony up what? another $30.00 for the chance of maybe it might fixed the major problems.

You know i was just thinking " man if they only had soldiers with cowboy hats "

Good luck with that BIS rofl.gif As the saying goes " a fool and his money are soon parted"

HIGHLANDER @ June 18 2007,22:58)]oops double post tounge2.gif

You could have edited the last post instead of turning it into a triple post.

Anyway: OFP anims in ArmA? Are you mad crazy_o.gif . That would not work, different animation skeleton along with other stuff. OFP anims were bad in comparison to ArmA, too.

This is what I am seeing so far: Great concept, poor execution. Pretty much like ARMA is. I mean the idea of having mercs fight over the island is nice, same goes for a full scale war between North and South. However what I have seen so far is just a poor execution of these great ideas.

Maybe a bit more research on the subject would be nice, look at real-life examples of what is done ingame. Read up on the Sierra Leone situation for example. I mean after all we want it to be as realistic as possible.

I agree with that, the ArmA campaign had some really great ideas, and has a pretty clever story behind it if you pay attention. It just wasn't done well at all.

The missions didn't even take advantage of what ArmA can do, no proper cutscenes apart from news reports and no properly done large scale battles. As well as no characters and no detail to the story.

I hope for a good campaign. I really hope BIS can pull this expansion off well, as well as OFP: Resistance.

Does ANYBODY know if this expansion is by BI or not??

What's wrong with BIS willing to make cash if this help 'em to survive and to continue improve ArmA and to develop the next generation game? Because all you should know the equation: less money = less chances for BIS to release stuffs in the future.....

What are guys scared of?

Klavan

Who the hell else could it be? icon_rolleyes.gif

tounge2.gif

2 Danbri: Black Element (Alpha Prime) & BIS cooperating on ArmA´ exp., but I am terrified from this partnership.

tounge2.gif

you just simply cant answer anything by a yes or no can you? Stop acting like your 12 years old (unless you are of course).

I read several posts that hinted it to be a 505 only product. And im not in a position to tell whos right or wrong. To OFP there where several (German i believe) expansions (Behind enemy line was one as far as i remember) that wasnt BI products.

2 Danbri: Black Element (Alpha Prime) & BIS cooperating  on ArmA´ exp., but I am terrified from this partnership.

Why are you "terrified"?

tounge2.gif

you just simply cant answer anything by a yes or no can you? Stop acting like your 12 years old (unless you are of course).

I read several posts that hinted it to be a 505 only product. And im not in a position to tell whos right or wrong. To OFP there where several (German i believe) expansions (Behind enemy line was one as far as i remember) that wasnt BI products.

I think it will be kinda the same as the OFP Red Hammer expansion from Codemasters. That also was made by Codemasters I believe.

Im sure this has been mentioned but im not going through all the pages.

-The PMC look silly.

-The technicals (maybe its just the screens) look like they were re-texed in 5 minutes (maybe less) Why not new ones?

-No new weapons?

-its 505 so isnt it online dload?

-The same vests again? Why no new gear?

-The whole things looks like it has potential but Im not sure if its going to do much better than Arma did for people's opinions. So far Its rehash to me.

EDIT: I thought Armed Assault was a bad name...but Queen's Gambit? whistle.gif

Just my 2 cents.

Why are you "terrified"?

It could be another reason, but Alpha Prime was an extremely arcadey game, like Doom or something. If Black Element and BIS are co-developing it, I just hope ArmA retains its realism aspect. I don't want another game where I can be sprinting, jumping over a log, and using the scope of my sniper rifle at the same time help.gif.

Im sure this has been mentioned but im not going through all the pages.

-The PMC look silly.

-The technicals (maybe its just the screens) look like they were re-texed in 5 minutes (maybe less) Why not new ones?

-No new weapons?

-its 505 so isnt it online dload?

-The same vests again? Why no new gear?

-The whole things looks like it has potential but Im not sure if its going to do much better than Arma did for people's opinions. So far Its rehash to me.

Just my 2 cents.

i agree, but i also think those screenies are just teasers to show us in what direction they're going.

if not, it will be a huge debacle... crazy_o.gif

I am not going to buy it as all sane customers out there also because I already paid lot of money for beta or even alpha product. Until ARMA is not completely fixed and improved I won't spend a dime to any crappy expansion.

I'm getting so sick of all these bickering and conspiracy theories about money-eating-corporate-balls. I'm sure everyone knows how a trade works, correct?

This expansion came as a surprise. But I think it isnt about new addons or new models. I think that their focus was on finishing up the story in the original Arma campaign. Remember that we were left with sort of a cliffhanger ending? And not only finishing up, but create a another story based on the big event. It's like Lost!

If 505 games and BIS are working together we might just see things that are pretty nifty in terms of scripting and mission making since you're talking straight to the boss.

Stop bickering and put away your tin foil hat.

Quote[/b] ]we might just see things that are pretty nifty in terms of scripting and mission making

That'd be a nice change. wink_o.gif

So, 3/4 months from now we have a new version of ArmA

We don't know that much at the moment and I'm looking forward to all the info we will get in the comming period, this time I allready have something to keep me busy till that time.

At the moment I must say I'm not impressed, looks like a BF2 EP but let's hope it's going to be something in the lines of notworthy.gif Resistance notworthy.gif

If i put all my spare time into it i could totaly remake the hole Arma Campign as good as the OFP one, but RL is more important lol wink_o.gif

BIS works for this so why couldnt they of? Im not sure i should spent money this time if its coming with 1.08 as i have CTDs which piss me off big style. wink_o.gif

And I hate the Camo of the south and that retext south blackhawk just looks so cheap too :/ Lets get some Woman/Ah64s/Censsenas/CH-47s/C130s yano stuff that people actually want. Or just release the tools already and let us make the game the way its meant to be. smile_o.gif

/rant over. sad_o.gif