Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

So people can expect not to see the tools, until the campaign is released band.gif

Man i dont know. Why 505 dont just release this as a mod rather then a expansion doesnt make sense to me bar the whole company=profit. Like there is NOTHING there that cant be done by modders you know. I welcome the new campaign and island but surely they could have been released via a patch? So i dont know until i see something incredibly new i wont have anything to do with it but good luck to them anyway

Ugh, this looks like something the cat dragged in.

Not what i was hoping for but its still early days.

Even I liked the orginal CWC campaigns in OFP I bought that game reason of ability create own semi-realistic warware by game in editor. I am looking from BIS a game where is drawed the realism posibilities of modern combat. The things that I wanna see added to this game is mainly core fixes, AI improving, proper modifying tools and many features what could make this game more complex. I didnt care the campaigns at all even I ve passed it twice. In ArmA those missions in Armory reminded me more GTA style earn score by quick job than a full operational combat simulation should deliver. Am I rly looking from wrong game full-time combat expiriences as many OFP mods have in past done?

Another EA-Policy-Clone-give-us-more-$$.

This really sux... this is a cheap jump on costumer's cash.

Totaly unexpected I admit!

The main reason, Codemaster's Operation Flashpointâ„¢ 2 in my opinion...

Second reason, very bad ArmA campaign (oh my...I remember how I was happy when I saw Victor Bocan was comming back confused_o.gif )

Third reason, BIS need to keep community waken, otherwise lot of people will juts turn away and leave.

Fourth reason, hundrieds of megabytes of patches...i'm lucky to have U.S version but imagine patch with Queen’s Gambit content biggrin_o.gif . Imagine reaction when some noob biggrin_o.gif :P buy ArmA: Armed Assaut and see he need to download 1GB of patches!?.

I wish BIS luck!.

P.S. oh...ArmA is faraway from finished huh.gif

Nah, they probaly just need a bit of cash unless its a 505 release, like Red Hammer was.

Though it was pretty ****ed up of CM to change OFP2 to be moreso a copy of Arma.

As for the guns..http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/a/r/armqpc009.jpg not fixed :\

Oh well, I won't mind a few patches but eventually this hand to gun position thing's gotta be fixed one way or another.

I know it may seem like simply eye candy but in certain area's such as tank commanding, it can play a vital role in deciding how exposed the TC is and how easily he/she meets their fate for being turned out in a hostile enviroment.

The trucks do look great but at the moment thats all I'm impressed with, but again, its still very early.

I hope it's bad joke...They should work hard on patches because ArmA is unplayable...New patches comes with few corrections and bring a lot of new bugs.And this "new campains" is just a simple way to earn some extra money...Give us editing tools and new patches not campains...We can do it much more better like it was with OFP...I won't buy it just i did not buy ArmA until is big bugs free (I'm still waiting  whistle.gif )

OH behold there's company which is trying to make money first and doesn't has customer satisfactions as its highest priority. Greedy bastards!

What's the problem with you guys, of course the sole purpose of this expansion is to make money. If you oppose this extreme capitalistic motive don't buy the product.

Why isnt this on the 505/BI site? huh.gif

EDIT: Btw, if this was an initiative from BI then their financial problems are probably not over yet..

What's the problem with you guys, of course the sole purpose of this expansion is to make money. If you oppose this extreme capitalistic motive don't buy the product.

... and then make sure it doesn't "find" it's way onto your HD somehow icon_rolleyes.gif

Wow, a voice of reason, that's quite out of the ordinary. Thank you smile_o.gif God forbid they try to charge money for new content to try and keep afloat. How dare they. I may criticize the content a bit, but they aren't a "not-for-profit".

They should do expansion to buy,sure they should...But it's bad joke like I said...ArmA is a lot of bugs to this day,campain is bad,number of vehicles is low and some of them do not have interiors and engine is the same,still no big physics improvements.OFP was different.Authors made one good game(OFP + RES) and now they think they can go along on their reputation and give us game that has a lot of bugs.They don't care...Let's make sh**t and ofp fan will buy it anyway...It's the begining of the end I think...Fix Arma first, make it playable,major bugs free.Then I can buy this expansion pack even for 200$...

They should do expansion to buy,sure they should...But it's bad joke like I said...ArmA is a lot of bugs to this day,campain is bad,number of vehicles is low and some of them do not have interiors and engine is the same,still no  big physics improvements.OFP was different.Authors made one good game(OFP + RES) and now they think they can go along on their reputation and give us game that has a lot of bugs.They don't care...Let's make sh**t and ofp fan will buy it anyway...It's the begining of the end I think...Fix Arma first, make it playable,major bugs free.Then I can buy this expansion pack even for 200$...

BI made 1.01(patch), 1.02(patch), 1.04, 1.05(patch), 1.06, 1.07(2 beta patches) and 1.08(patch).

You can say alot but BI really tried and changed alot to the game and compared to 1.00 there are (almost) no really big bugs left, ofcourse there are minor things but no game is perfect or works perfect on every PC.

Wow, a voice of reason, that's quite out of the ordinary. Thank you  smile_o.gif  God forbid they try to charge money for new content to try and keep afloat. How dare they. I may criticize the content a bit, but they aren't a "not-for-profit".

Nobody said that they can't make it or sell it, but it's a bitch if it'll become a must-have.

Jeez the amount of whining here reminds me of a EA forum. confused_o.gif

Well this is totally unexpected im really surprised. But im all for the expansion, still im more interested in the Ramhadi campaign as that will be more "military" with US and allied forces finally crushing the SLAgs for good, I think we will see some intense battles here and im all for it. yay.gif

Not too excited about the PMC campaign though, but it has the potential of being great and at the same time can be a disaster. Its a welcome respite from the structured uniformed Army soldiers of other games, the combatants are more individualized and will have a more independent streak, they are not your regular Army trooper and they dont work for the established security companies so they dress as they please. pistols.gif

Also I think BIS is still working on updates to ARMA as we speak. They know theres some work left to be done. Lets give em a chance. smile_o.gif

I hope I get proven wrong, but keeping some things in mind (money,money,money) the expansion could mean that the modding tools get delayed until the expansion is out for obvious reasons.

Now that really would be desastrous.

You can say alot but BI really tried and changed alot to the game and compared to 1.00 there are (almost) no really big bugs left, ofcourse there are minor things but no game is perfect or works perfect on every PC.

Yeah I agree that they try...They try...Ony that i can say.But to try is not enough...Must to do...ArmA brings better graphic and few others changes.But BI,their game do not move forward and by reading info about his new expation it won't move.ArmA it's combat,battlefield simulation and they want to do soldier of fortune 3...

OFP has a lot of inovations and it give some fresh air to game industry.ArmA does not do that...I like BI ,wish them good but if they don't go forward.Where the hell their ambitions go??Go forward Bi,don't stop in one place...I would like to see more inovations,new kind of military combat operations...Make expansion that focus on tanks or airforce,maybe navy?Some carriers are nice to see..Mayby realistic navy seals missions that starts at carrier and finish there...

And there is only one reason of BI financial problems ...Arma is not very good game,guys just stop in OFP era and that is the reason.If they do the the same with this new expansion pack it wont be stop but step back and that means bigger financial problems and we know how it all will end confused_o.gif Old fans won't save you if you don't get new ones...

I have yet to actually enjoy playing the original ArmA campaign, due to either bugs or mission design, and even though people are still complaining about bugs, now they're working on expansions?! I'll pass.

The PC gaming industry currently sucks because there is apparently no real incentive for publishers to release finished products that pass rigorous testing before being sold.

I swore I was done with PC games after I bought that bug-ridden pos Silent Hunter 4, and stupid me, I renegged on my own word and bought ArmA. Serves me right I guess.

I'm done supporting the PC games industry, since obviously nobody is ever going to regulate and police it.

Good job for BIS, i cant wait to get my hands on this!!! i'll buy 3 copies just like i did ArmA. smile_o.gif

Good job for BIS, i cant wait to get my hands on this!!! i'll buy 3 copies just like i did ArmA. smile_o.gif

meh, your just fishing for a free copy. rofl.gif

Has anyone seen anything official on this yet? do we know it's for real?

If it is then i'm gonna give up on ArmA mad_o.gif

You can see the pics can't you? Can't get much more real than that.

It's hard to play 3 soldiers at the same time ? rofl.giftounge2.gif

hi,

This is probably a totally stupid question,but does anybody know if it will work with the german version of the game or am i going to have to buy the 505 release and the expansion now.

SORRY for my stupidity,ive just woke up and seen this,im quite excited to say the least,oh even if i hadnt just woke up id still be as stupid hehe icon_rolleyes.gif

All the best

Dan

Quote[/b] ]You can see the pics can't you? Can't get much more real than that.

Well yeah but they could be user made for all i know, it's not like there are not similar or better out there huh.gif