Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

Just found a possible announcement of an expansion for Arma. See the below link:

Strategy Informer

The link includes a few screenies.

Game Description

505 Games is proud to announce the official expansion pack for its critically acclaimed title ArmA: Armed Assault - considered the most realistic tactical combat simulation ever made - entitled ArmA: Queen’s Gambit. The ultimate test of human war skills has reached its climax!

Features:

- Two new story based campaigns

· Rahmadi Conflict: The true conclusion to the original ArmA story, with enormous battles taking place within massive fortifications on the Rahmadi Island and brand new Porto Island.

· Royal Flush: 18 months after the original conflict, a group of seasoned mercenaries arrives to help the government with a sensitive matter that the army can‘t handle by itself any longer. However, there is something highly suspect about this job…

- New Multiplayer Missions

· Urban Raid: A cooperative multiplayer scenario designed for a group of six battle-hardened Special Forces soldiers.

· Battle of Porto: A “capture and hold†scenario for forty players on a brand new and beautiful sandy island of Porto.

Unquote

WTF? BIS making this or 505, or i will be pissed that they are not working on patches and what not!! tounge2.gif

Porto Eh better be Sun,Sand, babes!!

Guest Ti0n3r

Sweet. Now BIS, make two GOOD campaigns wink_o.gif

hot damn! new campaigns! smile_o.gif this sounds great, even though i don't like the addition of PMCs that much.

look at the screenies: pistols in the holsters rofl.gif .

so BIS has nothing to do with the expansion?

Cool technicals.  I hope they concentrate on gameplay improvements more than anything.  Beter infantry movement, more realistic vehicle movement... *cough cough* Infiltration for UT, Infiltration for UT, Infiltration for UT...  smile_o.gif

Note: is that a unit making a off-the-cuff comment based on circumstance?  That's neat. smile_o.gif

I guess the BIS Addon/Mission makers thought lets make some extra money. Seems Cheap lol not like when they annoucned notworthy.gif Resistance notworthy.gif

Maybe the game didnt sell good enough they need an expansion so soon?

So soon? It will be a year since main game release when this expansion hits the street. I prefer expansions, vs new game release. If it is priced as an expansion, it will be worth it.

FIX THE ACU! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

...ahem. Yay.

EDIT - Those idiots spelt "champagne" wrong.  tounge2.gif

EDIT #2 - Check out Gandalf the Grey near the new RACS UH60.

EDIT #3 - Sunglasses, perhaps? wink_o.gif

• Like 1

So soon? It will be a year since main game release when this expansion hits the street. I prefer expansions, vs new game release. If it is priced as an expansion, it will be worth it.

but it's a 505 announcement, and the 505 release wasn't so long ago...

What the... they should be bloody well fixing ArmA before working on an expansion.

Or are we going to have to buy the expansion and pay for the fixes to the broken arse game they released, ala EA?

I hope those 2 campaigns are good, they need to be to make up for the original ArmA one IMO.

It's great to see an expansion. I guess this is going to be something like what OFP: Resistance was to OFP, at least I hope so.

Unusual names, 'Queens Gambit' and 'Royal Flush'. Referring to the story I guess wink_o.gif

I predict a bunch of comments like "what about the patches" tounge2.gif

@TheReddog: Enough of this crap! The game isn't broken, it's been patched a lot and I'm sure there will be a couple more before the expansion.

Always good to have an expansion for sure, but the bitter taste remains that 1st of all the Arma campaign itself was so fubar that

BIS themselves should have come up with a free proper campaign before thinking about squeezing some more money from the Arma com for expansions.

Just my 2

I guess this is going to be something like what OFP: Resistance was to OFP, at least I hope so.

Your Joking right, Nothing Compaires to OFP:RES. not even ArmA + 10 Expansions wink_o.gif unless of course we get a 3d editor hehehe.

yay.gif Well i have hopes for these campaigns lets not let us down. !! notworthy.gif

Love the concept. The units I'm far from happy with though sad_o.gif FFS get rid of the interceptor give them new gear and vests sad_o.gif PASGT helmet and shorts sad_o.gif The cowboy hat? Noooooooo. I just puked a little. Love the concept though, but c'mon the units could be so cool.

Something like the contractor albums at Militaryphotos.net.

Why can't they make cool looking units I just want to play rather than edit sad_o.gif

These units are oooold, but something similar to these would be very cool. Just a change in gear and armor

Old GR2 image

More old GR2 pics

Still.... I can't wait smile_o.gif

Edit: Haha just saw the adidas boots. <sigh> how hard is it merge some points on the boots and add a new sole <sigh>

I could cry, but it will give more options for editing I guess smile_o.gif

Always good to have an expansion for sure, but the bitter taste remains that 1st of all the Arma campaign itself was so fubar that

BIS themselves should have come up with a free proper campaign before thinking about squeezing some more money from the Arma com for expansions.

Just my 2

roger that!

i'm still waiting for BIS to explain why the ArmA campaign is in the state it is. and i'd like BIS to rework the campaign and include it in a future patch.

seems to me that this add-on will not be done by BIS. 505 have already done a good job with "Blood, Sweat and Tears". i believe they can pull it off. apparently, BIS can't.

Just want to know if this is a BIS proyect or not... wink_o.gif

EDIT #2 - Check out Gandalf the Grey near the new RACS UH60.

Yup, with Steve Job at his right.

My only wish is to have a ofp-like campain. As usual w8 and see.

Whoa, what?

This is crazy. An expansion pack.

Welp, I'll buy it, whatever it costs. I just hope it's high quality stuff.

The new infantry there look pretty cool - getting close to being a proper RESISTANCE side, because at the moment RACS don't really look rugged enough to be used as resistance fighters and the such.

Perhaps BIS is running out of money because ArmA didn't sell that well and now they have to develope something new to attract more people...

In the German PC-Games it says that it's a BIS project.

looks like zombies in the last pic smile_o.gif

I would be quite happy with it, new island, new campaigns, new units. Considering the price of ArMa to other games it was cheap. So I would happely buy the expansion aswell.

seems to me that this add-on will not be done by BIS. 505 have already done a good job with "Blood, Sweat and Tears". i believe they can pull it off. apparently, BIS can't.

While "Blood, Sweat and Tears" was a 505 exclusive (though the recent patch includes it in all versions now), I doubt that 505 actually made it.

I'm sure the expansion is being made by BIS, maybe with help (and maybe funding) from 505 (such as voice actors). Not likely that 505 have the tools and people to make new content for ArmA, they are a fairly small publisher.

Also, the site lists BIS as the developer.

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

On eurogamer, they talk about of a release in the third quarter of the year: link.