Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Tank Hunter campaign released!

PMC Tank Hunter

This is large campaign on PMC Rugen island where you are fighting as resistance soldier against the Russians, but at the same time there are US forces fighting the Russians also. In fact, east and west are fighting against each other and you duck in the middle. It features team and weapon save, so what weapons you carry will transfer from one mission to the next, also if you are wounded or you get more soldiers joining you, it will also reflect in the next mission.

Many times you can get the effect of "hours of boredom and seconds of horror" as you go about in your mission. Or you might get in a middle of US vs Russian firefight in some city and just when you think that situation cant get any worse, a Mi24 Hind and T80 arrives to the scene...

You can and NEED to scavenge weapons and vehicles so you are better equipped to fight in this war, when you bring the vehicles into your base, they will also be saved for the next mission. Weather is random and you get beautiful bright sunshine and dark foggy thunderstorms, weather is saved for next mission also, you get day and night missions according to how much you have rested since the last mission.

Cities are the objectives and when one side captures one city it will be marked as red (east) or green (west) on the map, in the next mission its occupied by that sides soldiers. There is not a set number of missions, you can take as long as you want fighting this war, or you can try to do the maximum and accomplish the given tasks sooner.

There is a storyline, but obviously I'm not going to reveal it for you here, please just play the campaign to find out. Also its difficult to describe this campaign in few words, its just better to experience it by yourself. You might not like it, or you will find it to be the cool PMC mission style as seen many times before. One thing we can guarantee, this campaign will not play same twice. Replayability is very very high in PMC Tank Hunter...

Required Addons

The only addons you need are Bn880's tracers and JAM 3. This campaign is designed to run without any further mods that effect configs etc, this includes ffur, slx, ecp whatever comes into mind. Please when you play, only use the two mentioned addons (or atleast do not report any bugs if you choose to ignore this instruction). Also notice that PMC Rugen island itself requires AGS and baracken addons (check its readme for details and download links).

PMC Rugen --------------------- PMC Tactical

JAM3 ----------------------------- OFP.info and patch CAVS vehicles

Bn880 Tracers v1.24 --------- BIS forum topic

PMC Rugen required addons, updated since the readme is old.

Agent Smith Industrial Pack -- ofp.info

Agent Smith Harbor kit -------- ofp.info

Baracken ----------------------- ofp.info

We are looking feedback from anyone playing this campaign, please post to the PMC Tactical Forum and PMC Tank Hunter Official Release Topic.

The campaign itself, download v0.1 PMC_Tank_Hunter_v0.1.rar - 108kb.

Edited by Snake Man

Ah good catch, time goes by and OFP.info changes their address etc smile_o.gif

Here are the working links.

Agent Smith Industrial Pack -- ofp.info

Agent Smith Harbor kit -------- ofp.info

Baracken ----------------------- ofp.info

I'm not sure about the harbor kit as the island release readme says to get v1.3 but the above linked (latest release) is v2.0 - I think its backwards compatible, might be just issue of PMC Rugen readme being so darn old now.

Well, if we start the port from the addons the first problem comes from AGS industrial/harbor and baracken addons, those arent done for ArmA. Then Resistance island porting is doable, but definitely not 1:1 thing.

As for the mission itself... that guideline will be most definitely used in some PMC production in the future as its the most advanced I've seen to this date, meaning team / weapon / city occupation save for next mission where its truly meaningful if objective was captured or not in the previous mission, as well the AI attacking only unoccupied or enemy cities and not their own.

So at this moment (lack of addons) no, but you certainly can expect campaign like this but better from PMC in the future smile_o.gif

Congratulations to the PMC Team for this fine piece of work. I started to play the Tank Hunter campaign a couple of days ago and so far it runs smooth on my PC, inspite of my usage of additional addons.

While using either ECP alone or the ECP with GRAA 3.0 combo mod did cause massive lag and crashes, playing Tank Hunter with only GRAA 3.0 enabled works flawlessly on my system.

A very intense gaming experience which somehow resembles to the 'Abandoned Armies' mission from Thobson. But one question came to my mind after an intense firefight during which I eliminated a Shilka, a T72 and an enemy squad, capturing their ammo truck.

Because my team was attacked from all sides and because of the enemy's armour support, one of my men and my character got wounded.

Now since I don't play with ECP, we don't have to bleed to death miserably, but other effects like shaky aim are standard OFP and do occur. How am I supposed to heal myself and my wounded troops?

I know that I am probably supposed to find either an abandoned russian Medic tent or visit an american held town to ask for medical attention there, but before i go on a lengthy tour with my precious vehicles (the Ammo truck, one Humvee and one BRDM 2 without any mounted weaponry) just to find out the town never had a medic tent, I would like to know if there are other possibilities to heal my troops.

Hopefully the US HQ from the beginning of the campaign isn't the only spot to get healed since the frontline has cut me off from that location. Well, unless of course if I want to jeopardize the life of the entire team just to fight my way through the lines to reach this medic tent or if I spend several hours in real time to walk there with a small team consisting only of me and the other wounded man. So any hints would greatly enhance my enjoyment of the campaign; but if indeed visiting the US HQ or searching the map for a town with field hospital are the only ways to get healed, feel free to state that clearly so I know if I really have to do it 'the hard way'.

Keep up the good work and thank you for this immersive playing experience!

greetings,

tourist

The OFP.info addon download links are broken and it seems no downloads work on that site anymore.any ideas?