Sign in to follow this  
exec

exec's mod

Hello all.

I've been working ArmA to get it closer to the ol' Flashpoint. After a couple hours of working with it, I came up with these three small modifications. All these mods are optional, so you can choose to run only the ones you want.

I play Arma mostly single-player, so I don't know how it affects multi-player. Probably it will see some of the files as a 'modified config file', but should not affect game. In any case, I do not suggest to use this mod online. You can always run it as a mod folder to be sure you don't overwrite the files. Anyway, heres what it is:

1. Less recoil on all weapons by half of their original settings. If you played FDF mod in OFP, it has a very similar recoil effect. This especially helps if you are not using crosshairs.

recoilei7.th.jpg

2. Night vision. Nothing special, but just makes you have clear full screen night vision goggles instead of monocular/fuzzy ones.

nv1tx7.th.jpgnv2dx0.th.jpgnv3jc1.th.jpg

3. If you think the above mods make the game too arcadish, you may still like this one. It changes all the loading screens. For lack of better pictures I the billboard pictures within the game (including Miss Arcadia) for the load screens.

arcadiaur9.th.jpg

The pictures can of course be changed to have better resolution, and might work well if/when someone makes a complete mod. The pictures will look better when they are 1024x1024 or 2056 x 2056, or any format that I can convert with Photoshop (ideal is .paa if you have it).

If anyone is interested in downloading/testing the files, I will need help from someone to host this, as I do not have web-space. Or I could upload just the configs, which Id rather not do. I noticed that you had to use the same pbo/unpboer otherwise the addon became corrupted.

I consider the mod still a work in progress. I'm also trying to work on the helicopter movements (its tough maneuvering with keyboard) as well as some of the animations.

regards,

EDIT: the mod was customized using Arma v. 1.08

Update:

Heres the download link for anyone who wants to try any of these mods out:

Installation:

You can unzip the folder to your Arma directory and add the '-mod=exec' parameter into your Arma shortcut.

IE. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=exec -nosplash

OR

***Make back-ups first*** and then replace the files in your addons & dta folder.

Thanks to El Nino Foxhound and ArmaHolic for hosting:

http://www.exec.armaholic.net/exec.zip

PMed moderators, please move to addons: complete section.

Hi Architect,

The following files were changed from arma/addons/ui/data:

loadscreen_east1_co.paa

loadscreen_east2_co.paa

loadscreen_west1_co.paa

loadscreen_west2_co.paa

The following files were changed from arma/addons/ui/textures:

loading.paa

The files I changed them with are the billboards or signs included in the game, and the splash screen image from the loading screen. These are all taken from arma/addons/misc:

Bilboard_Bienvenudo.paa

Bilboard_Revolucion.paa

Bilboard_Traidores.paa

from arma/addon/misc/data:

propaganda_poster_co.paa

and from arma/addons/ui/data:

splash2_po.paa

Thanks to authors of the following tools:

Arma Pbo View by Voyager and Mr. Flea

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

Paa Image Browswer Dialog by Dr_Eyeball

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1375

Heres some more of those screens:

screen1%2Dmedium.jpgscreen2%2Dmedium.jpgscreen3%2Dmedium.jpg

Is the recoil thing giving MP errors?

Hope so otherwise it would allow cheating me thinks, anyway, for my playing SP mostly this is very welcome as i cant hit a haybarn with the scoped silenced M4s in ArmA because of the weird feeling recoil plus the damn dot makes it harder to aim than with the other scopes.

What i always wanted to know, is it possible to make the ironsights always zoomed in like it was in OFP?

Cant resist to always zoom if i try to hit something far away cause i cant get used to the tiny ironsights the normal aim offers.

Which file do I include to use the new night-vision without any of the other changes? This is most useful for night flying but I don't have any issues with recoil or the UI so would prefer to leave them unchanged.

Nice cheats, lets hope that MP picks up the no-recoil and NVG 'mod' as they are most def. an unfair advantage.

Nice cheats, lets hope that MP picks up the no-recoil and NVG 'mod' as they are most def. an unfair advantage.

As the author said,made for SP, use it in MP at ur own risk.

Which file do I include to use the new night-vision without any of the other changes?

Hi Platty. The only one to change out would be 'weapons.pbo'

(bin.pbo is for recoil and ui.pbo is for the changed screens)

What i always wanted to know, is it possible to make the ironsights always zoomed in like it was in OFP?

Im quite sure its possible, although haven't tried it. It should be within the configuration of the individual weapons if you unpbo the files.

In any case, I do not suggest to use this mod online.

...just in case that still wasn't clear enough.

On the subject of always zoomed in sights.

I get really vexed when I keep having to zoom my ACOG sight after every reload or view change.

Is there a way to keep that on whatever zoom setting I had when I last zoomed?

Totaly Agree This Mod shood not be oferd as it is The wepons.pbo need to be renamed so it can not be used in Multiplayer evan if it not for intended for multiplayer use

this mod shood not offer it works in it.

the point of makeing mods is to make new .pbo names and new missions that require that mod this shood be taken down becuse people will use as a Cheat. evan if you say use at ur own risk! wtf

goodnight.gif

Unless I recall incorrectly, ArmA should check for this kind of inconsistency online. So lighten up on the cheating hysteria guys.