Sign in to follow this  
JukkaN

ArmA 1943

Modelling would probely be easier to start right into.

But texturing would be easier to learn, i think  icon_rolleyes.gif

Erm....no. Just no. Texturing is not easier to learn. Modeling is easier to learn. You can learn both relativly quickly, depending on the app. But to become good at it requires time and time alone.

@GIJOE: The Gimp is an app that has all the functions that photoshop has but is free. It can help you texture objects.

Well i found it easier to learn, preference and patience thumbs-up.gif

Some people are different biggrin_o.gif

I do have a programme called 3D canvas.You can texture stuff on it, but I don't know if it will work.

Nope,don't work.Can someone ask Helping hand if he will help us?

maybe you should spend some time to learn an application...

gimp wont do textures for you with a finger snap...

or that 3d tool..

as for 3d i only know blender and wings3d that are free...

aside from oxygen and gatebuilder made for ofp/arma..

U can also try free version of 3d modelling program called Maya PLE(personal learning edition). Gimp is prob. the best free software for texturing. GL.

I will try, but for now Jukkan is texturing the sherman.As soon as he's done it, I will release it at armedassault.info.

Bye folks

Not at the moment ( well not properly at least) but I think Jukkan is doing that.

Could you just take the Invasion 44 & Liberation 45 Model to use them in ARMA ?

Nice to make MOD but if I was you, I woul wait that BIS update is Engine with them ADDON & PATCH (New feature Artillery & Computer interface, Jamming, Counter measure)...

Please do so, cause if you create your MOD from beginning, i'm sure that you will never finish them, like I44 & LIB45 did !

So please first convert all WW2 OFP unit, without retexturing, name them alpha release them, make a campaign & island, then finalize addon by adding script & new texture & shaders...

Thanks

1. We can't do that scince it would be copyright

2.We are allready using Vilas's ww2 units.

Nice to make MOD but if I was you, I woul wait that BIS update is Engine with them ADDON & PATCH (New feature Artillery & Computer interface, Jamming, Counter measure)...

Please do so, cause if you create your MOD from beginning, i'm sure that you will never finish them, like I44 & LIB45 did !

First of all what are you talking about? Computers? He is making a WW2 mod.

Secondly Invasion 44 released their Oosterbeek mod and Lib 41-45 have done several releases and their still working on flashpoint.

Hi all.Now after an agreement with salvatore Lee ww2cz we might be joining his mod, so it will be a war shared with other countries, not just the US.

Hi all.Now after an agreement with salvatore Lee ww2cz we might be joining his mod, so it will be a war shared with other countries, not just the US.

What countries?

Well, I think salvatore Lee wwIIcz is working on czech ww2 stuff, so it will probobly US and Czech forces attacking each side of the island.A little planed out like Call of duty 3.

My bad.We are not co-operating any more.Sorry to dissapoint you all.But we can still look forward to the sherman.

Best of luck with your work, guys. Modding ain't easy, but it can be real rewarding.

As a sort of aside, I saw someone mention porting I44 to ArmA. If anyone is interested in helping port current I44 over to Armed Assault, I would be happy to assist. I started some configwork a while back for the port, but since the mod has closed it won't have a use. I can do configs and scripts (my cup of tea), but people who can convert models and the like to Armed Assault would be appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me at canukausiuka@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I like the sound of that canuk- like a phoenix rising from the ashes. All that great IN44 stuff deserves to be used some more, unfortunately the bulk of it was released just when a lot of players were leaving ofp behind.

I wish all the ww2 oriented mod guys would get together and get stuck into something like that instead of being all fragmented and starting possibly over ambitious projects.

Come on guys, team game, team game!

I am drooling thinking about your WWII mods. Definitely waiting eagerly.

wink_o.gif

I wish all the ww2 oriented mod guys would get together and get stuck into something like that instead of being all fragmented and starting possibly over ambitious projects.

You and me both, arch. confused_o.gif