Sign in to follow this  
JukkaN

ArmA 1943

Guest Ti0n3r

Amen wink_o.gif I hope you have the time and skill to create a real quality campaign. That's the #1 thing every mod should come with if you ask me.

Isnt that doing twice the work? And with the low amount off addons they dont have a clue where they should use it.

They said it themselfs there addons depend on weather someone makes it or not. I would hate it if i made a mission for an addon and the addon would never be made. If they would just wait until at leat each side had 1 player model, 2 diffrent weapons, a vehicle, maybee armor. At least then you can make some smaller missions, and later when there are more addons continue with the story line.

Dont get me wrong a good campaign doesnt relay on the addons but on the storry, and is a must. I cqnt wait to hear the reason why Sahrani is occupyd and it should be reconquerd. pistols.gif

Edit

A smal tip came to my mind: djfrogstar is working on a donkey card with donkey. You should ask him if you may use it, just for realism

the fact is we can't really start the bulk of our work til the tools are released.

Quote[/b] ]there addons depend on weather someone makes it or not

Who's addons doesn't.

i'd very much like to see someone whos has an addon that wasn't made.

everything we need will be made in time.

tools will be released then things will progress alot better.

who's to say we're gonna release bits and pieces?

we may just build all the addons we need for campaign then release?

okay, I just read to all the 14 pages of this thread, had a few laughs, and I'm still a bit confused on what it is you're doing.

so what are you doing? and who is doing it?

ArmA1943 Team: You should update the first page this info to start:

-All members in the ArmA1943 Mod (Current list)

-Summarized Goal or Objective

-List of WIP's

-Scaled Down Thumbnails of what you have

-Concept Art? That'd be a sweet touch

This will help you more official'ize the whole mod. Gain some structure, gain some help.  smile_o.gif  Share the info, have the info shared with you.

In a about a week (after my technology detox) I'm going to be taking a brief foray into texturing, and will be looking at that 2ndRangers uniform we chatted about. Depending on the outcome, if I have that uniform I might be able to help you out.

I'm praying on a Higgins Boat falling from the sky as we speak  notworthy.gif

pistols.gif

ArmAVidz

I havn't been able to check the rest of the thread but are you planning on adding the Commonwealth forces as well? (equipment is much the same within the commonwealth)

about the commonwealth forces.

I would have to look into.

if i can see no problems with uniform and its only a few changes i guess that commonwealth forces could be implemented reasonably easily

@Armavids

I have started work on 2nd ranger uniforms.

but am currently starting work on British "red devils" textures as a project for Vilas and ArmA43.

about the commonwealth forces.

I would have to look into.

if i can see no problems with uniform and its only a few changes i guess that commonwealth forces could be implemented reasonably easily

Compared to contemporary US Army:

Different uniform

Different equipment

Different weapons

Different unit organisation

Different doctrine.

In my eyes by the time we get around to releasing commenwealth troops all tools will be released (hopefully) so it will require more effort to create but i think it would be worth it.

if we take a british soldier and start from there it might cut the production time down.

have to wait and see tounge2.gif

Sadly, faust one of our addon makers has left our mod.Anyone willing to help us with addon making or sounds, please post here.Thanks for your time.

Bummer for you guys.

Why did he leave?

Can you still use his truck?

Yes, he said we can still use his addons.

His reasons:"i cant make addons (config,LODs,... ) and before i join to any mod i first want to learn how to make them"

Guest Ti0n3r
I took some screens from Opel Blitz (click the picture to enlarge):

Very basic WIP, right? tounge2.gif

He means that you have a long way to go before you bring it up to the standards of Armed Assault. If you look at the picture right now, it sticks out from the environment like a sore thumb.

I was going to comment earlier, but I didn't because I don't want to discourage those who are actually willing to learn how to make addons. I think Faust did the right thing...his model is very nice, and shows a lot of promise. Still, he knows his own limitations. I think you guys should take a lessons in his actions, and try to learn how to make an addon before you try to make a whole mod. Baby steps first.

Abs

They're being a bit harsh. That truck is coming along nicely.

Not ready for release by any means but still decent enough.

Why not ask Faust to work on this for your mod as a learning

experience, anyway?

The Blitz chassis could be used as a basis for interesting

variants too (eg. with a flak gun mounted on the back) as

well as that half-track variant with the Blitz cab and bed

(the name slips my mind).

Trucks are also useful for lots of basic missions:

"You are a Wehrmacht Heer Oberfeldzwiebel in a truck

convoy transporting Nazi-looted art treasures (among which

is the "Fallen Madonna with big boobies" by van Klomp).

Unknown to the Nazi brass, you and your mates plan to steal

the treasure for yourselves and secrete it all in a hidden

cache for recovery after the war. First you have to get away

from your SS guards and the marauding US Army Air Force

and escape with the trucks..."   smile_o.gif

"You are a US Army sergeant who, together with your

buddies, plan to go behind enemy lines to rob a bank in which

is hidden 14 million (1944) dollars worth of gold bars. You first

need to find and steal some Kraut trucks in which to

transport your loot..."    biggrin_o.gif

"You are a Sahrani Maquis fighter led by a British S.O.E

agent or Jedburgh team (of course) and a Nazi convoy is

your target. Unbeknownst to you the trucks are driven by

renegade yanks and the trucks are scraping their axles on

the road due to their load of gold bars (or deserting Germans

with a load of looted treasures). The mission then consists

of the Maquis fighters fighting each other over the

gold..."   rofl.gif

Unfortunately, faust has left us due to lack of config knowlage, but we have someone else helping us. I have alrady made a mission with opel blitz in it: " You are a US soldier in a POW camp. A plane crashes into the entrance killing 5 guards. You take a weapon and kill the remaining guards in the base. Then you take the truck back to base."

I will make more missions with the blitz involved.

" You are a US soldier in a POW camp. A plane crashes into the entrance killing 5 guards. You take a weapon and kill the remaining guards in the base. Then you take the truck back to base."

It was good right up to the point where "You take a

weapon and kill the remaining guards in the base". That's

so corny he'd be better escaping in a combine harvester. biggrin_o.gif

what col faulkner means is from HL2. A single renegade yank that wipes out an entire prisson, or even shoots his way out is hollywood. (although prisonbrakes did occure but these where extremly coordinated atack both from outside and inside, I remember a outbreak where 2 mosquittos dropped a bom aigainst a prisson wall and another in the guards mess at lunch time. The resitance where waiting outside to guide the prissoners to safty). Let him use stealth instead. Not with a plane crash but with a bombartment (plane= local problem, bomardment= WTF is the next one gone fall!wink_o.gif Its pretty hard scripting but so more entertaining and satisfiyng then: "is that you John Wayne? Bratatatata, Yup I guess its me".

You can also make a partizane group for each side (indipentent, opfor, bluefor) and let them open up the war by fighting umongst themselfs. You know a little bom hier, a hit and run there. Goverment troops not cappeble a handeling them, nazi killing civs as a retaliation for a bomb, us getting bombed by the comunist partizanes, etc, etc. Tell us a story on what happend on the island but please no comedy-rambo storys rofl.gif

Just a big list of requests, make basic rifles do allot of damage, and fix the weak flesh impact sound. The flesh impact sound in armed assault sounds really stupid.

The mg42 should have allot of recoil, and a loud sound. Personally I did not like villas MG42 too much (no offense, villas)

The mg42 does not have a 50 round box, it has a 100 rounds box, and sometimes 200 rounds, putting a 50 round box on an MG42, is like putting a 10 round clip on an assault rifle.

The mg42 fires so fast that you cannot hear the individual bullets being fired, so do not bother with getting a single shot sound effect, get a .5 second burst sound effect, and only allow 3 shot bursts and fully automatic..

To be fair in multi player, when firing the mg42 from a standing position, it should have lots of recoil, and a tiny bit less recoil while crouching.

The Thompson should have the same accuracy as the mp40, but should have a significant amount of recoil. And should do more damage that the mp40.

The mp40 should have low recoil, and good short range accuracy, but should only have a fully automatic setting. No semi automatic.

It would be nice if you could make the Sherman a piece of crap, because it is.. Even though the German tanks would kick the crap out of the shermans, The Americans will have bazookas rather that the short range, and inaccurate panzerfausts. (I know there are german panzershreks, they are just used less, not to mention the fact that they are really heavy)

Sorry for that giant list... I just have one last request, Could you change the oober laggy default grass sprite, to something that is lower poly, but more abundant, that way you will actually be able to hide in the grass, and then you can ambush vehicles from meadows.

Personally, I don't think you need a new maps, because Saharani looks enough like France as is, North Saharani looks like the majority of France, and Southern Saharani looks like Mediterranean France.

Once again, sorry for the huge list, I don't visit this forums too often, so I wanted to get the requests out now.

The mg42 does not have a 50 round box, it has a 100 rounds box, and sometimes 200 rounds, putting a 50 round box on an MG42, is like putting a 10 round clip on an assault rifle.

Err...yes it does. The drum typically used by german infantrymen (in the non-mounted version) contained 50 rounds.

"Unfortunately, faust has left us due to lack of config knowlage"

unfortunatly he left mod, because he had enough of people who do nothing except telling "do this, do that"

like i have enough of people who asked me "show me just to look at sherman" and than i see screens of sherman

or someone who just send PM "when will you do this, when will you do that" - i will not cooperate in such way - MOD is cooperation of people , not "i am leader of mod",

when i will see some effects i can help again

untill now i see no effects, Faust made Opel mesh in 3d, he made textures, i made addon of it (LODs, configs) and thats how it look at the moment

i said few times , help for help (meaning of word cooperation)

i need UK uniform for my WW2 troops with UK weapons

and you told me that should i remove soldiers using UK weapons from my ww2 pack ?

you wanted to start mod with no skills , no idea about configs, file structure (questions like where do i put cpp) , no idea about computer graphics (using paint, asking what is Corel)

hyno toad, are you engineer, historician ?

how old are you, you saw few games and you think you are technical expert ?

when you graduated some technical university ?

i am engineer, i graduated MSc in 2002 and i don't feel enough skilled to call myself expert, but as i see you are with 100 round box for MG42 ,

100 rnd box has MG3

a lot of recoil, well recoil when prone is the same in all mguns in game, where do you get knowledge that recoil of mg42 is bigger than recoil of mg34, dp27, m60, pkm or other machineguns when shooter is prone and bipod touch ground

mp40 with low recoil ?

have you ever had mp40 in hand ?

mp40 has only auto mode, yes it is right, in my ww2 pack it has auto mode as i remember, mp41 had single mode (if you are talking about my mp40)

if you have good historical resources - show it please, because it can be very helpful for all addonmakers

as far a i remeber MP40 have this mechanizm under barrel to avoid SMG get inside moving vehicle (if operator fire from small window of APC)

mp40 was not heavy pistol as tomy

if it was light, it had slow rate of fire, it had long closer(or receiver - i don't know technical english too good) and it had not so small recoil comparing to other submachineguns

recoil is function of weight of gun and how good recoil breaker it has at the end of barrel

heavier weapon has lower recoil than lighter weapon with same ammo

or light weapon have good recoil breaker lik AK74 or Abakan

in WW2 time such recoil breaker had DShK, SVT40 or Tomy 1928 (have no idea about effect of it)

please do not use other games as knowledge sources

in Stalker Abakan has wrong sight, AK has wrong model details, in Max Payne 2 Romanian Romak3 rifle is called SVD, in SoF2 AK74 has mount for scope (AK74M and AK 100 series have mount for scope or special versions like AK74N)

many developers who make games don't care about realism, we try to keep it here, so if you will show us scientific worthy proofs all in configs or even models can be changed in my pack or it will be big help to other makers

to simulate all recoils , for the first we must have good technical, engineering resources

if we have no such resources - all is imagintaion

if they say they are using my addons, maybe they changed something in config, because my tomy uses different ammo than mp40 ?

i work on ARMA values, i cannot do bullet .45 1.5 stronger than 9mm para, because in this game we have no such big area of hit

look at OFP, ARMA addons structure of configs and etc.

otherwise tomy ammo will be as strong as default BIS ammo for machinegun , it is real "problem" of such military game, but it is limitation