Sign in to follow this  
JukkaN

ArmA 1943

Now that I think of it, if you want to start with a beach assault in Normandy you may want to go <span style='color:olive'>ArmA 1944</span>

Unless you start with a beach assault, then work backwards wink_o.gif

I think you should just concentrate on the Pacific whistle.gif

who wanted to change the Mod name to Blitzkrieg1943?? i think that Arma1943 is the best choice rofl.gif

@ ArmaVidz & BraTTy:

Last time I looked through this thread, the mod was still planning to do a fictional story on Sahrani wink_o.gif

I think you should just concentrate on the Pacific whistle.gif

I have nothing against the pacific.

at the minute with no tools out this mod is fictional based on a german invasion of the Bis Islands.

but imo i can't see anything wrong with making our own islands and spreading across the full war 39-45 it would give us a far broader scope for missions and units when the required tools to do so are released.

i can't think of anything cooler then an island hopping campaign in the pacific to be honest

EDIT JDB beat me to it biggrin_o.gif

As I said, I'm keeping it ArmA1943 cuz it sounds way better.I think they'r going solo, so we might not join them.

ArmAVidz: It's not set in normandy, it's set in sahrani/rahmadi.It's about the assault of the islands.We just need someone to re-create the islands so there are ww2 style buildings.I do doubt that this mod will be in the pacific, if you read the intro in the manual for ArmA it say's set in antarctic.We may change to normandy to be a bit more realistic, but have the beach assault later, so we won't have to change the name.

just out of curiosety, you are going to use the sherman and tiger and panther, right?

Will you be going for the realistic approach where the sherman is no match for the germans or are you going for the balanced way and make the sherman equal to the german (as off late '43) tanks?

on a side not: Sherman crews where terrefid to engage a german tank because it would destroy them and germans crews where afraid to engage the shermans because the where with so many.

Quotte from a german commander: We could alway take 5 of you shermans down for one of ouwr own but ther was always a 6ste sherman

We will use them, but what do you mean: We could alway take 5 of you shermans down for one of ouwr own but ther was always a 6ste sherman?

What he means that the Tigers were so much better tanks that it took in average 6 Shermans to destroy 1 (one) Tiger tank. The only advantage the allied had when battling against Tigers were their numbers. I am really starting to get concerned about the quality of this modification due to the sheer lack of knowledge you guys seem to have. You really should start hitting some serious history studies before you start making this mod since a lot of people here in this community are more or less familiar with this era. Like in the email when asking you about the planes you need for this mod you said you dont care from what era the planes are actually from. Making mistakes like that will certainly not get the respect of the modding community. And also from the looks of it you seem to be more or less just ripping off other peoples work without giving them proper credit. Also you guys really seemed to hit hard on these Blitzkrieg modders making them explain themselves. In my eyes you are still in the same phase as they are as in you haven't proven a single thing.

In my opinion you guys should really lay low for quite a while, learn to make some decent addons _yourself_ and study your history books!

in my eyes.

you have only heard the opinions of a couple of people in the mod.

not the people that are making the addons.

we know our history just fine.

Yep, we all have our own historicle knowlage and put it together!

Well, we spent time reasearching about the Opel Blitz texture.

Well, we spent time reasearching about the Opel Blitz texture.

That's expertise, right there. thumbs-up.gif

Abs

Nice site. smile_o.gif

You guys have a typo in the forums. It's 'modification' not modifaction...well, unless you guys are a modifaction...I dunno.

I really want to see more from you guys.

Abs

As I said, I'm keeping it ArmA1943 cuz it sounds way better.I think they'r going solo, so we might not join them.

ArmAVidz: It's not set in normandy, it's set in sahrani/rahmadi.It's about the assault of the islands.We just need someone to re-create the islands so there are ww2 style buildings.I do doubt that this mod will be in the pacific, if you read the intro in the manual for ArmA it say's set in antarctic.We may change to normandy to be a bit more realistic, but have the beach assault later, so we won't have to change the name.

Yep true however, you will have to choose an architecture type for the main of the island. Also, if you are assaulting an island, it's either Pacific or Atlantic, and if there is sand and surf with lighter color water, I would recommend calling it "Pacific." wink_o.gif

Choosing tropical, european, war-torn or other architecture throughout the island(s) will give you a planned, thoughtout feel. And choosing buildings already in-game would probably save you alot of time, with minimal effort in retexturing them, if needed.

I'm no expert, but looking through much of the buildings of the north part of Sahrani (default Sahrani map) it would appear that the buildings give off a "European" feel to them. In-game with an Editor Addon from Sickboy or LowFly you can choose which ever buildings you want to put wherever.

The more sandy southern regions of Sahrani create an aire of Mayan/Tropical resort feel imho.

PS: If the manual says the game is set in the Antarctic, someone in publishing must have spelled Atlantic wrong because the last time I saw sand and surf in the Antarctic was....hmmm....guess?!

smile_o.gif

Love the boots. Very 2007ish

well spotted......

WiP= would mean work in progress.

currently converting boots to double buckle leather.

also uniform will be changed for more of a 2nd rangers feel

you could make a campaign which could be like the german attack on the island of Crete by the fallschirmjager smile_o.gif

We could make lots of thinks for the mod. We have started making this mod in 17th June so it is in early stage. At this point we need to focus on addons and stuff.

Yeah, I've made about 4 missions already, just need to edit them and make a campaign.

How did you make missions? With the 2(?) reskins for the US hopping in the opel blitz on road to aid the untexured sherman agains, who?

Common you have practekly no addons ready exept a blitz (still no in game pics) I think it is a waist of time to make missions for addons that are going to come. This energy would best be used to learn how to make addons, or get some information about the era that you intend to use.

One can make missions using the default ArmA units as

placeholders. No problem with that at all. Since missions

take an enormous amount of time to do well it's a good

idea to get a good head start.

Kudos to them for actually wanting to provide a campaign

and not just a bunch of addon units.

One can make missions using the default ArmA units as

placeholders. No problem with that at all. Since missions

take an enormous amount of time to do well it's a good

idea to get a good head start.

Kudos to them for actually wanting to provide a campaign

and not just a bunch of addon units.