Sign in to follow this  
JukkaN

ArmA 1943

Hmmm, I've been folowing this thread for start and I must say that I would hate to predict where this "mod"/"addon-pack" is going to.

You are young, enthousiastic and you want something. Most of the times the result is pregnaty, I youre case it should be a "mod"/"addon-pack". And it could get there but the start isn't that very well. Let me explain:

=>What should people expect when they download youre "mod"/"addon-pack"

Well I don’t know, tom, dick and Harry don’t know, and to be honest I don’t think that you know.

Nowhere you tell us what what we are gonne get from First alpha release. And everytime some one asks you you say: soldiers, tanks, boats, plans. Woepadoodledoe! That can bee anything.

=> How can we change this?

Simply bye thinking:

- First: youre "mod"/"addon-pack" is called arma 1943, so i presume it wel be in 1943, will it stop in 31 dec 1944 or will it continue until 1945?

- Second: Where wil it be situated? Alot of things happend in 1943: paulus surrendering at stalingrad, Guadacanal is conquerd bye the americans, Sicelie is invaded, Mussolini is arrested and replaced, but is freed bye germans and starts an italic counter regime. There are alot of theaters to choose from so pick 1 and concentrate on that one and only that one until it is finished.

- third: When you decided witch conflic to do, you have to find out witch nationalities where involved. Then you need to find out witch armys, corps and regiment where fighting at that time at that place. Then you need to find out what was there equipment, weapons and vehicules. And if you have time left for the finishing you can find out about medical, messengerservice, spare-time usage to give it that finishing touch.

-Forth: Decide witch of this regiments, equipment, weapons, and the lot you gone use. But start small. Don’t start making 20 tanks, 50 guns, and 100 soldiers. No, make the most common used to start with and when they are top notch and released you can start with the more uncommon used.

Since you are going to make a WW2 "mod"/"addon-pack" try to be as accurate as possible don’t give people the chance to flame that this or that isn’t accurat and that didn’t look like that, etc.

This isn’t an attack on you guys, it is just some advice to help you get a little more structure and to get a hell-of-a-"mod"/"addon-pack†out. I love WW2 "mods"/"addon-packs", and i think arma is a good engine the past prooved it with ofp and some damn good "mods"/"addon-packs".

They already said that they are doing a fictional campaign

with US forces making an amphibious assault on a German

held Sahrani, set in 1943.

Really? Where? Well then I missed that but if you go through the thread it sounds like they jumped on to something without knowing what.

A fictional campaing on sahrani can be a good start to get the feeling of modmaking/addon making, but still its need a little historic aquratie. cant have a 1939 german uniform battle against a 1945 us army uniform.

When i saw the jeep and they where really enthousiastic with it, like a kid in candyland with no parrents, I thought Oh-ohw this is going bad. the fact that they didn't even noticed that it looks like nothig real it made me think if they knew what they were doing.

Try reading the post with the website.Visit the website, and you will find out.Ok people, Jukkan has now got hold of the sherman, and is texturing it now.I shall now answer blackgrains question: It will be released possibly within the next seven days depending on progress.

Ok I found youre news on the site. And I stick with what i said. making a fictional campaign does give you some freedom in what to chose but still: I want to know more! smile_o.gif

Surley can tell us at least one thing of every categorie

US

Boats:

- higgins (i asume it wil be the US that will liberate sahrani)

Tanks:

-Sherman (as stated)

Cars:

-Mg-jeep (please not that LEGO model)

Soldiers:

- US Army judging from the uniform

Planes

- mustang (just a wild gues)

Germans

Boats:

- ? (they must have something to intercept us)

Tanks:

-? (guessing panther)

Cars:

-? (another gues: kubelwagen)

Soldiers:

- Whermacht/shutzstaffel/hitlerjugend?

Planes

- ? (cant go wrong with a messersmitt or a stuka)

And how about the citizens? Any resistance against the Germans, or maybee resitance against the invading US? Now that would be diffrent!

Whoahh!It's us thats making the Mod.We can't just decide to build all of it.We do have a plan of what we'd like to make, but we need the right people.I can only tell you whats going to be made if someone agrees to make it.

Learn how to make it yourself like we did. Don't wait for somebody to come around and give you another shitty Lego Jeep model that'll feed your low expectations. Make something, learn how to mod if you want to make mods. Nobody's going to do everything for you.

Don't go woah! It's just me and somebody else. So? Then you screwed yourself because you had over ambitious plans. Do you even have plans? Or is it: make a WW2 mod? In that case, I'd recommend you look over your plan again.

I am trying to learn, but I dont quite get how to actualy make the modle.All the tutorials, there are only have models which you work off, not what you make your self.

What application, what tutorials? That's a big factor.

O2, and BRSSEBS (I think thats what it's called) Could anyone recommend some other tutorials for O2?

Hey, hey, i'me not telling you anything, i'm just giving you advise, you say you have a plan and sutch but, never have i seen something that indicates you have one. So pleas tell us what the plan is or atleast give a littel more info if it is sutch a big secret. If you tell us what you intend to make, you get A: more atention, B:more help. Did you hear about arma 1943? No. Well the gone us a panther and ss! Wow, that is nice maybee i can help because i love panthers and i can model a bit.

No good mod ever started with: hey we are ... and we gone make something about WW2 and we need volenteers. Especially if the leaders did do squat and bosed around. Been in several, none made it to even alpha.

Thats why you guys should try to learn (as stated). I mean you don't want this to happen do you:

Ok I have a panther, a nice panther, who wants to do the panther? No-one? Nobody? Ok, screw the panther! next we have a kubelwagen ...

O2, and BRSSEBS (I think thats what it's called) Could anyone recommend some other tutorials for O2?

I thought BRSSEBS tutorials were great. I never used

anything else for just learning how to make models in

O2.

Thanks for your help guys!Here's a list of what we hope to make:

Units: US Vilas's Ger:Vilas's

Armor:US Sherman, stuart, halftrack Ger Tiger panzer panther Sd Kfz 251/B

vehicles: US Truck? willies Ger kublewagon blitz truck armored car?

Aircraft: US p38 P-51D B-17 C-47dornier Do 17 BF 109 Fw 190

Objects: Bill boxes (General ww2 objects)

Weapons:(come with units) evry thing vilas's troops come with + static Mg-42/34 and 30 calibre Mgun.

If you can make one of these, please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your help guys!Here's a list of what we hope to make:

Units: US Vilas's Ger:Vilas's

Armor:US Sherman, stuart, halftrack Ger Tiger panzer panther Sd Kfz 251/B

vehicles: US Truck? willies Ger kublewagon blitz truck armored car?

Aircraft: US p38 P-51D B-17 C-47dornier Do 17 BF 109 Fw 190

Objects: Bill boxes (General ww2 objects)

Weapons:(come with units) evry thing vilas's troops come with + static Mg-42/34 and 30 calibre Mgun.

If you can make one of these, please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks for your time.

Hey GIJOE94!!!

Please, remember Higgins boat wink_o.gif, we need for Normandia, North Africa... Italy... biggrin_o.gif

And if it's posible... may be in german armor any STUG?

Thanks GiJoe!! wink_o.gif

You might just be able to cut the required addons list down. For example, Sahrani may be so remote that the German army might have stationed little to no armor there. This would also make the deployment of an all paratrooper force (US) more feasible (with some AT guns, howitzers and light tanks, which can all be dropped from the air or in gliders), and remove the need for small landing craft, heavy beach emplacements (a "small" island the size of Sahrani wouldn't be defended like Caen or Normandy would).

If you decide to give them air support, you wouldn't need to make a carrier, you could just put them on an airstrip that "was captured a short while ago", depending on whether or not you plan to make any missions where the player would be a pilot, you could just start in mid-air, and mention in the briefing that you took off from the carrier at [time]. There is little sense in building massive(ly detailed) waves of addons that are going to be used more then a few seconds in one or two missions (cool as they may be).

Instead of paratroopers, you could also go for the Marines, but they have alot more support ships, vehicles and stationary guns, so that would only be do-able for a large, active and experienced mod team.

You can cut the mod down to the bare necessities now, and you can always release addons for the mod later with campaign/mission updates to include the cool new goodies.

1. We can't do that scince it would be copyright

And isn't that what Inv44 once said on OFP.info??

OFP content can be used and/or converted without contacting us, as long as "Invasion 1944" is credited for the used items. Please do not ask us for any content other than what you've been given in the Oosterbeek Alpha release, we simply do not have anything else than what is included in that release.

Wel you could say that sharani would ly somewhere in the atlantic so it could be used as a Suply base for the u-boats. Just food and fuel deposit. maybee even a radar station (the big net type) or a weather station to give info. This way it would explain the german presence and the reason for the us invasion.

You could even make sahrani troops on the side of the germans, the us and even a resitance side that want's neither on the island, would make some neat missions.

or you could say that there is an secret lab and that would explain the zombies we see today biggrin_o.gif .

Hi folks! We do have a higgens boat, but unfortunately it needs to be collaborated.If you can colaborate it, please send me a PM.We still need texturers for the sherman, even though jukka is working on it.

Collaborate means work together with, mate. Something tells me that's not what you meant....or maybe it is?

Abs

Probably not.I got it from somewhere when somebody said that an addon had to be collaborated for it to work.

Here's the first texture made for the shermans body: Here it's only beta so it needs a lot more detail.

Guest Ti0n3r

I only see a dark green *.jpg file biggrin_o.gif

Well at least you know how to use multiply/overlay in photoshop. Now you need to start unwrapping the model and apply it to the tank. Then you need to use burn and dodge. And some grunge brushes. Then add some dirt, some more wear, some more shading and lighting and then it might be done.

We got problems with adding the textures on that tank. Does anybody know how to do this?