Sign in to follow this  
JukkaN

ArmA 1943

Well, vilas still hasn't sent me the file because he's busy, but I do have a ww2 jeep in a very early format, and also untextured.Here's a picture of the work.

Anyone who wants to test this, please send me a PM with your E-Mail adress so I can send it you.

P.S. I also have the sherman now!

huh.gif?...Oh and I forgot to mension I need a good texturer for the sherman, so please help us.Once it's textured I will release it.

Well, vilas still hasn't sent me the file because he's busy, but I do have a ww2 jeep in a very early format, and also untextured.Here's a picture of the work.

Anyone who wants to test this, please send me a PM with your E-Mail adress so I can send it you.

P.S. I also have the sherman now!

This has Sniper Skull written all over it. Classic! rofl.gif

uhm are you serious about beta testing that jeep?

i mean.....

its not even alpha to be honest...

I know, as I said, it's a VERY early addon.It is far from finnished.I need a texturer to help me with the jeep and the sherman so If you could please post here.

i think you should finish the model before you start texturing it..

its not a very clever and economic way to start texturing a model thats not even halfway done

Ok, but I still need a texturer for my sherman (Which will be released when fully textured).

Ok, but I still need a texturer for my sherman (Which will be released when fully textured).

Ask Sniper Skull, he's a great texturer.

The next sarcastic, or derogatory post in this thread will result in a WL.

Don't think for a second it is not noticed.

Wrapping sarcasm for "helpfull" or the like is not helping the said mod maker.

Help him, be constructive.

Thankyou smile_o.gif

Thankyou smile_o.gif

@Rhodite

I don’t see anywhere in the forum rules about people making sarcastic or derogatory comments that is subject to a warning level. I even did a search for the two words and nothing came up!

Perhaps this should be included?

Or we could take this as light humour and let it continue, as long as no personnel attacks of offensive remarks are made, which I don’t see. whistle.gif

@ Mod Leader

Would be an idea to possibly write down your equipment you are going to need for your project, with a clear goal to either make a "mod" which means "Modification" for the engine, or add-on project.

If you haven’t, check out this website, it’s a great resource place for modder’s and add-on makers for the most popular game engines out there. With some very user friendly and helpful guides that will definitely help you.

A good bit of information http://chrisholden.net/making_games.htm

Moddb  - http://moddb.com/

I think a lot of people get the term “Mods†mixed up with single add-on project. I’m no expert but just to recap…

Modification really means “A lot of workâ€. You can generally expect a respected mod (similar to FDF) to edit the default game engine, and totally revamp the default game into something visually new. This could include new models, particle effects, AI enhancement scripts, effects for weapons, and characters, new implemented features, new sound effects and composed music. And not forgetting new terrain environments to fit the theme.

A good example of a good modification is SLX, FDF, BAS and WGL.

Or are you going to be an "add-on project" similar to UKF or Vilas add-ons, whom of which are not mod’s.

Good luck! There are plenty of talented members in this community and the most important thing to do is getting your first pitch into the community to announce the project. If people see it having a future, they will help

Nick

Thankyou smile_o.gif

@Rhodite

I don’t see anywhere in the forum rules about people making sarcastic or derogatory comments that is subject to a warning level. I even did a search for the two words and nothing came up!

Perhaps this should be included?

Or we could take this as light humour and let it continue, as long as no personnel attacks of offensive remarks are made, which I don’t see. whistle.gif

@ Mod Leader

Would be an idea to possibly write down your equipment you are going to need for your project, with a clear goal to either make a "mod" which means "Modification" for the engine, or add-on project.

If you haven’t, check out this website, it’s a great resource place for modder’s and add-on makers for the most popular game engines out there. With some very user friendly and helpful guides that will definitely help you.

A good bit of information http://chrisholden.net/making_games.htm

Moddb  - http://moddb.com/

I think a lot of people get the term “Mods†mixed up with single add-on project. I’m no expert but just to recap…

Modification really means “A lot of workâ€. You can generally expect a respected mod (similar to FDF) to edit the default game engine, and totally revamp the default game into something visually new. This could include new models, particle effects, AI enhancement scripts, effects for weapons, and characters, new implemented features, new sound effects and composed music. And not forgetting new terrain environments to fit the theme.

A good example of a good modification is SLX, FDF, BAS and WGL.

Or are you going to be an "add-on project" similar to UKF or Vilas add-ons, whom of which are not mod’s.

Good luck! There are plenty of talented members in this community and the most important thing to do is getting your first pitch into the community to announce the project. If people see it having a future, they will help

Nick

Ok Mr Nick, let's see would you appreciate anyone comming in on your threads and being sarcastic and generally derogatory towards your mod?

I do not think so. however if this is something you are happy with I will be glad to point all the said people to your thread to have a jolly.

It is not "light humour" when it is at the expense of someones hard work. Again if someone enjoying a chuckle at your mod/work/person is of no bother I shall direct all those who need an outlet for such in your direction.

Finally for discussing how the board is moderated in public +1WL (that I believe is one of the rules you seem so keen to point out)

Next time I suggest you PM.

Guys, please stay on topic.Now, it is going to be a Mod which involves lots of addons from ww2 and a few missions.

Basicly we are going to include US and German Troops, weapons, armor, boats, vehicles, planes ect...

Evrything you expect to find in a ww2 game.Some addons will be released on thier own, but others will be released in a pack when our mod is completed.

uhm are you serious about beta testing that jeep?

i mean.....

its not even alpha to be honest...

:l

Dont you see all the detail gone into that model??? The machine gun is so beatifully modeled with just enough detail as is every thing else on the model. I think its ready for the lods and for some textures.

Im not being sarcastic :l, this is serious business.

As I said it's a very early version.Sniper skull, is hopefully finishing it off.

Yes but the only texture programs I know cost money, and you have to buy in a shop.Could you recommend a free downloadable texture program.

Yes but the only texture programs I know cost money, and you have to buy in a shop.Could you recommend a free downloadable texture program.

Haha

You know thats pretty funny. rofl.gif

Check your PM's

I have no PM's saying anything about texture programs.

What do you meen BloodOmen

Well, D@nte just mentioned texturing as an example, you could also start modelling, for which you can download O2 Lite for free from flashpoint1985.com wink_o.gif

Making a good model is easier than making a good texture (good = something that is believable, doesn't stand out in the rest of the island), at least that's my experience...I would advise you to learn how to script, but I dislike it myself...

Ask Sniper Skull, he's a great texturer.

i can double that. He is able to create the best textures i´ve ever seen. Totally wicked if you´d ask me.

I think Helping Hand would be another great Person for the mod. He is capable of making very good addons smile_o.gif

Modelling would probely be easier to start right into.

But texturing would be easier to learn, i think icon_rolleyes.gif