Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

NUKES?!?! Lets try to keep some realism here: when was a nuke last used in anger?

August 6th, 1945, Hiroshima

Make that Aug. 9th, 1945 at Nagasaki.

Sorry, quite right. I quoted the first time.

Did you guys see there is a new patch coming out. Amongst other things it also fixes the Motor bike instant death in mulitplayer! if it works, could we please see bikes in Evo version 4.0? Please??

I personally think you shouldnt spawn on the runway, maybe the base instead?

...you don't spawn on the runway.

You spawn in front of the terminal building and respawn in the barracks, don't you?

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'd love to see the SLA transport choppers included for ferrying enemy infantry. They'd be quite vulnerable so I spose heavy scripting would be necessary to keep them from becoming an easy way to harvest kills. Maybe have them used for reinforcements if the radio tower is still up and there is shilka coverage in the vicinity of their LZ.

You could even make their landing pads for each town as small self contained forts with guards and emplaced weapons to make them a sort of mini mission. inlove.gif

Oh, and one thing that would totally change the mission would be to add the ability to airlift small vehicles via the UH60s. I've rarely seen anyone bother to drive anything much past Cayo, except maybe when you reach Corazol which is within reasonable driving distance.

Well for now just trying to smooth out the last bugs with integrating halo and the new satchel charges only on radio towers.

Currently im trying to improve the reinforcement flow.

In the next version reinforcements will flood into the towns when you are attacking them filling up the max enemy squad requirement for that town. If you don't try to push into the town and take out the radio tower with satchel charges the town will keep restocking its self. It should be possibil to go in in force but a covert approach will be the only way to break a town for smaller numbers playing on the server.

I had to adjust the halo script so that players don't trigger towns to spawn when skydiving threw there zones if they pull the chute over a town it will trigger tho.

Ill add more after the next round of tests.

@ Sep. 19 2007,16:28)]Well for now just trying to smooth out the last bugs with integrating halo and the new satchel charges only on radio towers.

Thanks for the update KilJoy!

By your satchel charge comments, does that mean that M136 rockets will no longer be capable of destroying towers?

M136 have no effect, even the "Nuke" cant take down a radio tower. But with the new call in support system you can call in an ammo drop which parachutes an ammo box to where ever you like on the map at a cost of 5 points. These ammo boxes contain satchel charges as well as all other small arms ammo.

Kiljoy,

Let me get this straight. The "NEW" spawning system is HALO jumping to anywhere on the map and then calling for a parachute drop for a ammo box? Then if you want a vehicle you need to spawn at the base.

Theres a lot of vehicles to use half way in corozal. Halo isint over used as it costs 10% of your rank so its no substitute for a chopper ride. but is free for privates. Its something of a treat.

Hmmm... okay. I guess I just have to wait and try it out.

Just some more questions about the HALO spawning.

1.Will the AI shoot at you in the chute?

2.Will the superman hearing and sight of the AI know where you have landed and be on you like stink on #@%t?

3. Seeing that only SF do HALO's and 99% of military does not have jump wings how is this being realistic for Evolution play?

I hope you take some of the ideas about spawning in my earlier posts in upcoming versions. I like your Evolution play and can't wait for the tweaks.

3. Seeing that only SF do HALO's and 99% of military does not have jump wings how is this being realistic for Evolution play?

I wouldnt worry about that mate, I think that more than 99% of troops in the US army are unable to respawn after death! So how is that "being realistic for Evolution play" ? crazy_o.gif

Also is this new version on the Jolt server yet?

New ones not on jolt so far as i know, its not released but getting closer day by day, and yeah totally agree on re spawn wink_o.gif

@ Sep. 27 2007,20:17)]New ones not on jolt so far as i know, its not released but getting closer day by day, and yeah totally agree on re spawn wink_o.gif

Cool! Can't wait.

You know what might be interesting?

If you could call in friendly troops, for a fee of points. Racs wouldn't be as good as US troops, who in turn would not be as good as Spec ops. An AI group of friendlys could be inserted x meters away from a hostile town and proceed with a S&D waypoint towards the centre of the town...(after a while, they could be extracted, or simply deleted) just a thought.

What do you think? huh.gif

i would suggest that if you die close enough to a player set MASH you would either get the option to spawn there or spawn there automagically. I think this would be good for the following reasons:

1: Being a medic is now actually worthwhile.

2: Playing as infantry through the whole map is now a viable option without the need for half the gametime to be transports.

3: Sticking together and working as a team is now even more rewarding.

I would also suggest that (if possible) make the "build MASH" action has a cooldown so that you cannot simply mash the build mash (pun intended). Also, adding a "build ammo box" and "build weapon box" would be nifty to add to the assault classes/sniper/whatever that has no real teamplay worth as of now, well apart from the obvious "can kill stuff" that all other classes has biggrin_o.gif (theese would also have a cooldown if possible, tho longer than that of the mash, or make it so that if closer than 1km you cannot place another)

Thoughts?

edit: well maybe not a weapon box as that would be kinda hard to do so that you can only get weapons according to rank, i dunno, but perhaps just make it contain a few standard weapons (could make it contain stuff depending on the rank of the player placing it tho, maybe one or two ranks below whatever that players rank is...) /edit

There are QG versions in testing. currently DC3 is sergent rank and the excellent multi grenade launcher is for colonels. A feature has been added to ease DC3 taxiing and soon boarding/exiting.

=- @ Sep. 30 2007,00:50)]will we ever going to see an update? maybe GQ features?

"GQ"?  

"The Gamit Queens" !! Sounds like a band /group!  Cool!

i would suggest that if you die close enough to a player set MASH you would either get the option to spawn there or spawn there automagically. I think this would be good for the following reasons:

1: Being a medic is now actually worthwhile.

2: Playing as infantry through the whole map is now a viable option without the need for half the gametime to be transports.

3: Sticking together and working as a team is now even more rewarding.

I would also suggest that (if possible) make the "build MASH" action has a cooldown so that you cannot simply mash the build mash (pun intended). Also, adding a "build ammo box" and "build weapon box" would be nifty to add to the assault classes/sniper/whatever that has no real teamplay worth as of now, well apart from the obvious "can kill stuff" that all other classes has biggrin_o.gif (theese would also have a cooldown if possible, tho longer than that of the mash, or make it so that if closer than 1km you cannot place another)

Thoughts?

edit: well maybe not a weapon box as that would be kinda hard to do so that you can only get weapons according to rank, i dunno, but perhaps just make it contain a few standard weapons (could make it contain stuff depending on the rank of the player placing it tho, maybe one or two ranks below whatever that players rank is...) /edit

How about Ammo trucks being able to build ammo boxes? huh.gif

@ Sep. 30 2007,20:47)]There are QG versions in testing. currently DC3 is sergent rank and the excellent multi grenade launcher is for colonels. A feature has been added to ease DC3 taxiing and soon boarding/exiting.

damn kiljoy is back awesome mate, while you at it, how about the ah64 and hind on east side? smile_o.gif

ammo boxes are part of the support system, you open a menu with a map allowing you to place a marker to drop an ammo box it arrives shortly after via parachute. It costs 5 points. Its the most basic support option and is availabil to privates. Inside is ammo for every type of gun availabil to your side but no weapons. The box is removed after 30 minuets.

It's not that bad, you fire a rocket and take out a Tank, you get like 3 points or something? So that would pretty much make up for it...

Quote[/b] ]Lossing 5 points for ammo, not shure its worth it..

That will depend on where and when you will call it.

@ Oct. 03 2007,14:52)]
Quote[/b] ]Lossing 5 points for ammo, not shure its worth it..

That will depend on where and when you will call it.

The down side of this is that you might get put in the bananaphone room simply for calling for ammo drop.

Also you could get demoted a rank for doing the same..

Could you prehaps sort it so that support calls don't take your score past zero, or lower than your current rank..?

Which one is getting released first Evo stock, or Evo red, or both?